“Stony Point is Enchanting!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This place is gorgeous! I have been spending lots of time in the Tyrone area re-exploring, because I recently retired and inherited the home I grew up in. One day during the spring, I discovered Stony Point. I was immediately infatuated with its beauty! I just had to stop my car in the middle of the street to admire the impressive hillside home! Later that day, I visited Stony Point’s website and read about its rich history. A few days ago, when a friend was visiting from New Jersey, I decided to pull into the driveway, ring the doorbell, and ask for a brochure. I really wanted to impress my friend with the architecture of this 1920 Stone Greek Revival and was hoping for a possible peek inside. When innkeeper Paul greeted us at the door, he was most friendly and invited us in for a grand tour of the home. This place is amazing with its original character still intact! The center hall is spacious with a magnificent staircase and palladium window. The spacious parlor has its original lighting and fireplace and also has beautiful views! An unbelievable crystal chandelier creates an elegant and enchanting atmosphere in the dining room! There is a beautiful library, with handcrafted built-in bookcases! The many bedrooms are spacious, plush, and very inviting! The porch has great furnishings with a beautiful hillside view. The grounds are amazing with a walking trail leading to the famous Tyrone Bluffs. I am happy the new owner and innkeeper appreciate the history of this fine home and want to continue to preserve and share it with their guests. Thank you Paul for a most enjoyable tour! Best wishes to you!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Stony Point Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I happened on this B&B because it had one last room still free when others were full for the local camp visiting day. What a piece of luck! Paul was waiting to welcome me, was extremely helpful and attentive, and charmed my daughter with tea on the terrace when we got back in the afternoon. (She felt so grown up!) We looked at the whole house, which is charming with flowered wallpaper, chandeliers and gorgeous beds. The little touches make it special. We heartily recommend Stony Point and found ourselves searching for excuses to visit the area again so as to make a return visit!

Room Tip: Rooms can be combined into suites, probably the best way of using this facility.
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Two friends and I had been fishing on the Juniata nearby and it had been raining for (2) days. Tired of the rain, I called around for a local B and B. The innkeeper was great. We wanted to fish the evening hatch so he even stayed up to wait for us. Beautiful and convenient to a day on the Juniata. Resonably priced, clean, and really comfortable. Pancakes alone are worth going back for. Thanks for helping us out and look forward to coming back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2011

What a wonderful B&B. My husband and I and our 2 children spent the night after we dropped off our oldest child at sleep away camp. We had a wonderful stay. The rooms are extremely comfortable. The breakfast was delish! Paul make the best blueberry pancakes. I wish we could have stayed longer. We will definately be back!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

The Stony Point Bed and Breakfast is a historic gem. I have stayed in another Bed and
Breakfast in Tyrone, but the Stony Point Bed and Breakfast far surpasses it. My sister and I stayed five nights, while we were in Tyrone settling our Aunt's estate. It was such a relief to return to Stony Point each evening to our clean, cool, quiet rooms. Paul, the innkeeper, could not have been more hospitable, and we left feeling like we had acquired a new friend that we would like to visit again and again. I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: We toured the entire house and all of the rooms were beautiful.
1  Thank luv2shag_nc
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The Innkeeper (Paul) went above and beyond our expectations to ensure we had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. When he found out we were coming to participate in a local cycling race, he inquired about my desired pre-race breakfast to make sure I had everything I needed and even cleaned out space in the garage for me to store/clean/repair my bikes!

My wife and I had the 3rd floor bedroom all to ourselves, but were able to tour all of the rooms. The setup of the house is great for families or friends traveling together as well as couples looking for a romantic getaway. We really enjoyed sitting on the beautiful porch in the mornings and evenings - such a peaceful setting! We already plan on coming back next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms were large and very clean. You really can't go wrong here!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We were absolutely delighted with our visit beyond expectations! We originally hoped to stay in Altoona, but were too late. So glad that we didn't! Our innkeeper Paul was not just gracious and hospitable, but contagiously passionate about ensuring our comfort and making us feel completely at home. Freshly-baked scones with cream sauce awaited us for our late arrival at 9:30 pm. Our luggage magically appeared in our rooms. Breakfast was outstanding. He clearly loves having guests and making them want to come back!

The home is a unique historic treasure built by the Pennsylvania RR ninety years ago that Paul loves to show off. If you visit central PA, don't miss this opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrone
Comfort Suites Altoona
#2 of 4 in Huntingdon
Hampton Inn Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
#1 of 15 in Altoona

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!