“Rustic Place and Setting, Outstanding Food, Pay with Cash”
Review of Rocky Creek Cafe

Rocky Creek Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Don't let the modest exterior of this little gem fool you. It's a small place with a wood-covered, rustic interior, but the prepared-from-scratch food is outstanding! The chef has daily specials chalked onto a small board, and each one we have tried has been excellent. My family and I have eaten here for breakfast and dinner, and we haven't been disappointed. We have had chalkboard specials, pancakes and omelettes for breakfast, and have ordered appetizers, soup, sandwiches, regular meals and specials from the dinner menu. The personal pizzas are the best we've ever had. They taste just like artisan wood-fired pies we've eaten in Vermont. We haven't tried the desserts listed on the specials board, but we'd like to if we can ever save room for dessert (which is unlikely as the food is so good). Service has been fine, with friendly waitresses. Be prepared for a little wait, as the food is prepared from scratch. Though considering this, we think the turn-around is quite quick.
Overall, we can't recommend Rocky Creek Cafe enough. If you're heading to or from Tunkhannock on Route 29 in the beautiful Endless Mountains of PA, stop in and give it a try!

1  Thank Saray7997

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This little restaurant has been under new management in recent years and has become our favorite spot in the area! If you are partial to quality food, you will not be disappointed, this is gourmet dining hiding in a downhome diner!
The chef takes pride in everything he makes from his homemade tomato soup to his specialty desserts~~ we have always been well impressed! Don't let the modest exterior discourage you, this restaurant is a real find!

1  Thank Annette G
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I first stumbled upon this little restaurant on my way home from Tunkhannock one day last summer. It has since become my favourite stop in the area.
It is a small, old fashioned place . Wooden booths, daily specials chalked on the board, and they do not take cheques or credit cards.
The menu is not fancy. But the coffee is good, and the prices great.
I recommend the soup of the day, any day. I've been here four or five times, and the soup has always been delicious. The chef makes it from scratch, and you can really tell the difference.
My other favourite is a personal size white pizza which is huge, I can never eat more than half. One of the things that I really appreciate about the Rocky Creek Cafe, is the willingness of the chef to make changes without fuss. I've requested two or three slight changes to my meal, and they've been greeted without any qualms.
Rocky Creek Cafe seems to be popular with locals, and no wonder! In an area where restaurants are few and far between, it's a joy to find this quirky place, where the food is good and the atmosphere unfussy.

1  Thank Agnespage