“Highly Recommend!”

Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tunkhannock
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We loved our accomidations... The Hotel and the rooms were Spotless! We used the indoor pool and Jacuzzi, several times and they were clean and the temperatures were great. The staff was the friendliest that we have experienced in quite a while. We would definitly stay in The Hampton Inn in Tunkhannock again.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you call the hotel to check on room prices. We booked throught Kayak.com... a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Hampton Inn Tunkhannock! We take pride in making sure we have a spotless hotel and a friendly staff. We can’t wait to see you again when you are in Tunkhannock!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a new Hampton Inn. It is spotless. Has great staff who are very pleasant, friendly and helpful. The hotel has an indoor pool (which I didn't use) and the best Hampton Inn breakfast I have eaten (compared to other Hampton Inns in which I have stayed). When we arrived I asked for a room NOT overlooking the parking lot and was given a room overlooking the creek and woods. Which was very nice. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV. It is close enough to Tunkhannock's "downtown" to walk, if you wanted to walk. The lobby is spacious and a great place to sit and read, which I did because I brought my elderly mother with me and we could not do a lot of walking, and did not want to spend all of our time in the room. Even though we came down for breakfast just before it was over, the food was plentiful and the staff did not hurry us. They are very gracious. Tunkhannock is a cute little town and there is a nice little park on the Susquehanna River not far from the hotel.
The only negative thing I can say is that, like every other chain hotel, one must rely on the air-conditioner for "fresh" air as all these hotels have windows which do not open.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sba71

Thank you for stay at the Hampton Inn Tunkhannock! I am glad you enjoyed the area and the location of the hotel. Downtown is very cute with nice little shops, a movie theater, and lots of delicious restaurants! The windows do open a little bit but unfortunately they do not open all the way, but we do have a nice little deck that overlooks the stream outside the pool area which is very relaxing.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Brand new hotel with clean, modern rooms. Nice pool and hot tub area. Friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recommendation. We hope to see you at the Hampton!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

This was just a great place to stay and the night staff was very very nice. We will return.

Room Tip: The suites are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Terrific! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the newest hotel in Tunkhannock. We look forward to your visit again.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I continue to get wowed by the Hampton Inns in the eastern PA area. This location is new, clean and has very friendly staff. Good location close to 81.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank James G
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

I am so glad you are loyal to Hampton Inn and wowed every time! We did just open the end of January 2012 and take pride in our friendly staff. 81 North, South and also the PA Turnpike are about 15 miles from our Tunkhannock Hampton Inn. We are glad you enjoyed and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

we had to stay in Tunkhannock, unfortunately, due to a funeral in the area. the Hampton Inn made a difficult time easier. the breakfasts are good, the rooms comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. appluase to the corporate planners who have made arrangements with delivery services in the area. having the deli or the local Subway deliver supper after stressful days was a great help. the tables and seating in the lounge was perfect for relaxing and enjoying our subs or pizza rather than balancing them on our laps in the rooms.
Also, we were quoted one rate by phone, with no comment on any rate change for weeknights, when making the reservation then found that the next two days (Sunday/Monday) were billed at a higher rate. when I pointed this out, they immediately changed our bill to the lower rate
One negative, they need better eating utensils for breakfast. the knives and forks are too flimsy. I wound up eating my (tasty) waffle like a pizza slice, by hand.

Room Tip: our friend was in 218, closer to the front and found the traffic noise from the nearby intersection...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TANGERS
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Our condolences are with you and your family.

I had the pleasure of meeting you the morning that you were departing at breakfast. After speaking with you I talked to the General Manager, Stacey who had just placed an order of better quality silverware, so I apologize but thank you for your recommendation.

We hope if you are in the Tunkhannock area again we see you at the Hampton Inn!

Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is a new property but they do not let the property carry itself. The staff, from the front desk to the cleaning team, were all very friendly. I was able to use all of the facilities. The pool and workout rooms are wonderful. The only complaint that I had as well as another hotel guest was that there were not tables on the patio outside. It would be nice to have a place to sit during the happy hour with a drink or to have coffee in the morning. The weather was so perfect that I would have loved to have utilized the deck more but I am sure after reading this, that change will be made. The staff seems quick to take on any improvements. Looking forward to my stay here next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Katie B
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Tunkhannock! We strive to make every guest 100% satisfied with their stay so I am glad our staff impressed you.

For Pennsylvania we have had some rare warm weather especially considering it’s only March. With just opening two months ago our outside furniture has not come in yet. We will have it soon!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tunkhannock
Mohegan Sun Pocono
Courtyard Wilkes-Barre Scranton/Arena
Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre
Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre
#4 of 21 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Hampton Inn Tunkhannock? Share your experiences!