“This hotel was just average.”

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Long Island, New York
“This hotel was just average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here from July 5th-8th. Nothing really spectacular about this hotel, it's just very average. Decided to stay here through a package for Sesame Place.. only great things about this hotel is that the park is only 15 minutes away and the staff was friendly.

The room was well updated and kept clean, the TV though is very fuzzy which got annoying after a while of watching it. A nice thing about the room is that the fridge wasn't your ordinary hotel room mini fridge, it was pretty large and held a lot. Down side is that there was no safe.

Indoor pool just once again average with the rest of the hotel, a plus though would be the fact that it had a sauna. The pool and hot tub could use a little TLC though.

The only reason why I booked this hotel is because the hotel that me and my family normally stay was full and most likely not come back to this one. Great place if you're just stopping through and need a night stay or something in my opinion. Brady's in fact was a great restaurant and bar though!

Room Tip: Stay on 1st or 2nd floors, elevators are SLOW
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TylersTravels
Maetal Z, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We have forwarded your comments to our team and staff. Thank you for relaying them to us so that we know what we are doing right and where we can pay more attention to. We hope to see you in the future.
Guest Service Champion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
virginia,USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

we checked in into this hotel for a wedding that we attended on July 5, 2014. We were given a room on the executive level which is the 6th floor, I specifically asked for a 2 double bed since we are 3 in the room, my mom and daughter were with me.After a long hour of driving from washington DC, were were tired and was already about to retire ( my mom already asleep) when a saw a cockroach crawling on the white sheet my mother was using. My daughter and I both screamed and was able to kill the insect. I was trying to call the front desk but the phone wont even connect to any where, even the manager. I went down to complain and they were able to change our room to another floor with 1 King bed and a sofa bed. The main thing I want to impart is the cleanliness of the place. I don't want to be bringing home cockroaches to my home...that's scary

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank magandaako
Thank you for relaying your experience to us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and are taking this matter very serious. We have sent out messages to all our departments to make sure this does not happen again. Once again we sincerely apologizes and hope you will visit us in the near future to see the improvements we have made.
Guest Service Champion

Travelers are raving about these Trevose hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice hotel, good restaurant and bar, awesome selection of beers but the wifi is pathetic. I would get connected and then 5 min later the lease would just drop. I recommend this hotel upgrade their entire network especially new wireless controller and access points that can handle the 5g A/C new standard. Asking if I could be moved closed to an access point the staff's response was they are all over. Reliable fast internet service is very important to me and my business. When I have to break out my own cellular wifi you know the hotel's network has issues The hotel alos needs to upgrade the matresses, my back ached the next day after sleeping on their existing mattresses.

Room Tip: Bring your own wifi device.
Dear Carl E,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza. Please accept our sincerest apology for the dissatisfaction you had experienced with are internet. We have looked into the problem and found out this was an isolated instance of a system wide outage. Once again we apologies for any inconvenience this caused you. We take comments such as this one very seriously and would like to reassure you that this doesn’t happen on a daily basis.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Crowne Plaza for your future travel needs.

Jodi Harvey , Guest Service Champion
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with some teammates for a convention that was happening that weekend - the hotel was sold out - a lot of the patrons were also at the convention - and for being completely booked, it didn't seem super crowded or loud. The room wasn't too bad and seemed clean enough. The people at the front desk were nice and attentive. We didn't use the pool, so can't comment on that. The elevators were SUPER slow. The biggest issue we had was the restaurant right in the hotel. It wasn't even full on Friday night, and service was extremely slow. In fact, half of our table came about 30 minutes after we did, and service was so slow that by the time our waitress put the order in, the grill was closed. One of us ordered a meal that came with fries, but they never came. I asked for a cheesesteak, which came without cheese, and then asked for ketchup, which took so long that I finished my meal before it got there. We asked for individual checks, and of course, not ONE check was correct. We spent about 3 hours in that restaurant, only having about 2 drinks each, and most of it was because of the service. We made sure to not go back there the rest of the time we were there.

Room Tip: First floor might be good so you don't have to wait for the elevator.
Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for relaying your experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the slow service. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments. Once again I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and hope the next time you stay with us it will be a more pleasurable one. Hope to see you in the near future.
Sincerely, Jodi Harvey
Newington, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean. The rooms were very clean and modern. We enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza. We would def go back. It is very easy to get to Sesame Place and only 20 minutes to Down Philly. Staff was very friendly and very helpful. Will be going back to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback helps us know that we are meeting your standards. We hope to see you in the near future!
Abington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Where do I begin? In short- one of the best hotels in Bucks County!

We recently had (another) event at the hotel of about 85 people. This banquet was celebrating a big occasion for my co-workers & friends. Everyone in the Sales & Catering office is exceptional. From the Sales manager who booked our event, to the Meetings Director who was in contact leading up to the event, to the Banquet Manager who serviced the event for us--- amazing. Each employee took genuine care in making sure this was flawless.

The food was good! There was plenty of food to serve our group. People who attended the event told me how happy they were with it. The dessert .... well, it was the best Chocolate Cake I've had in a while. I didn't try the others.

Common Areas/ Bqt Facilities-- very nice. Clean and well maintained. Like I said, one of the nicest hotels in Bucks County! The hotel lobby was quite busy ... which is nice to see.

All in all, we will be doing business with the CP again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Maetal Z, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear "baallen33"
Thank you for your kind words about the facility and the staff at the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia Bucks County.
We appreciate you taking the time to write and tell the world about your great experience and hope to see you soon again.
Until then,
We remain at your service
cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have spent many nights at this Crowne Plaza and the staff is really ttop notch. From the people at the front desk to the bar restaurant and the breakfast room all of them are exceptional. The food is great and for the craft beer lover there are 30+ interesting beers on tap. They have made many improvements over the years even adding a barber shop which is really convenient for me to get my hair cut in the evening. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We will be forwarding your comments to our team and we hope to see you in the near future.
Sincerely, Jodi Harvey
Guest Service Champion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County? Share your experiences!