“DLA Conference”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Norfolk, Virginia
“DLA Conference”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.The restaurant was good.The hotel was well equipped .The meeting rooms were quite and comfortable .Usually the conference chairs are extremely uncomfortable but these were ok.Pleasant work experience .I also found out that Sesame Park was very close and a lot of families were staying there to enjoy the park.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a wedding celebration which included at least 30 other family members. The staff was very good, including front desk, housekeeping, and wait staff. We arrived at 5:00PM and the desk staff had to make sure our room had been cleaned. They were informed by housekeeping that the previous occupant was still in the room, so we ended up with a different room...no big deal. The room itself included a King bed and sleeper sofa. It was comfortable enough, but perhaps a little tired.

Acoustics were less than ideal. We could hear everyone in the hallway as they walked past our door. At 2:00AM, someone banged on the door asking for Louise. "Wrong room."

Not really much to say. Wasn't terrible, but it wasn't fabulous either.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear “lenox862”,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Crowne Plaza.
We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write bout us.
While we failed to meet your expectations in some areas, I noticed that you gave us a “5” rating in the service category. I thank you for being candid.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here while visiting some friends in the area. Room was nice- had a fridge and microwave. Bed was very comfortable. This hotel has a restaurant attached with 30+ beers on tap that my husband liked. This hotel is on some Sesame St list. There were a lot of families with little children staying at this hotel! The negatives this hotel- they don't provide complementary breakfast, there wasnt a dead bolt on the door and the bathroom didn't have a fan for ventilation. Over all would stay here again. We went for lunch to a local new place called Steam and restaurant called Green Parrot. Both were delicious.

• Stayed August 2013
new york city
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I can't believe the reviews others have posted! I stayed here based on the reviews and was shocked at how bad the place is! Door handle on bathroom came off in my hand and I had to spend all my time chasing my 1yr old so he didn't cut his whole hand up on this sharp metal that the maintenance never fixed! I also tried the indoor pool and my eyes were burning all night it was ridiculously over chlorinated and FREEZING COLD!!! This place was nowhere near what I expected

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear shoeboy1,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us.

I am sorry to hear that the service you received was less than satisfactory. I humbly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the bathroom and pool. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Trevose hotels

State College, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel was pretty average. We were worried when we walked in and saw our bed shaped a little like a "u" sunk in the middle...but it turned out it was clean and comfortable. The bathroom toilet paper fixtures were a little crooked and wall a bit scraped up but nothing else major. (I think this is a big Sesame place stop for families, since there were a ton of families and kids...which may explain the wall and toilet paper fixture) BUT all night was super quiet. We did not hear any noise in our room. Room was very clean and the front desk staff went out of their way to be accommodating. We asked for a cab to be there at 6:45 since we had to be at a wedding reception and when the cab did not show up, the hotel provided a van for us. We REALLY appreciated the kindness.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear "SusanP",
Thank you for your kind words and your candid opinion
I am pleased to hear that the team pulled together to get you to the wedding as the cab company failed to pick you up, I am sorry though if some of the first impressions did not meet your expectations.
I have shared your comments with our operating team and assure you that appropriate measures have been taken as result of your comments.
We thank you for taking the time to write and thank you for your kind words.
PHILA PA
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've had the pleasure of visiting a fair amount of hotels in the past few years, so this review compares those experiences to what i've witnessed at the Crowne Plaza in Trevose.

The prices are reasonable. There is a ton of parking around the facility. The staff was friendly. Stayed on the 6th floor (5th and 6th are private key access only).

The room was clean. I found the fridge unplugged so i had to wait a few hours for the system to actually reset and get cold (frustrating). The little details sometimes separate the good from the great experiences. The shower pressure was very good and the water was hot, but I felt like some of the bathroom features were not 100% (toilet not a quick flush, shower stopper was broke and just sitting in the drain). The room had a desk and chair and a separate sitting chair. The sitting chair had a few dark spots on it, but it was overall clean.

One BIG negative- the internet was horrible. It was spotty at best. The quality of internet reminded me of dial up AOL access. Not only was it slow, it would never stay in (always had to re-enter password). About half way through our night it went out and wasn't working. I just gave up. Frustrating given this day in technology. Please please check to fix the internet issues. Maybe it was just because we were on the 6th floor?

This is a pretty busy place, but i would consider it again.

Room Tip: All rooms face a major road (either Street Road, or the PA turnpike). Stayed on the PA turnpike sid...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear "JRUT72286",
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay.
Your kind words and candid observations are appreciated and I assure you that I forwarded an excerpt of your comments to our technology consulting company for immediate action.
You are absolutely right; there is no excuse for slow internet.
I sincerely apologize and hope to see you soon again.
the problem is being look at and rectified as of the time of this reply.
Many thanks again.
Illinois
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was perfect location for our trip to Sesame Place and Philadelphia. The supervised play room off the restaurant was the best perk to this hotel. It gave us some adult time while our 4 year old was able to play. The front desk was helpful finding us our first cheese steak. Our room was on the quiet floors, which we didn't ask for. I was always nervous about our child playing, laughing, and overall being a normal kid and being too loud. I'm not sure the quiet floors should be used for families, unless they ask for it.
The worst part of this hotel was the breakfast. We paid for it with our daily rate. Otherwise, we would have found somewhere else because it was so slow. The weekend wasn't too bad, but Monday morning was horrible. We waited 10 minutes for a table, when they weren't that busy. The tables just weren't cleared off. We were having the buffet (you could order off the menu if you didn't buy it with the room). After the 10 minute wait for the table, we didn't have silverware and no one brought us our drinks. I found us silverware, my husband found his own coffee, and I took some milk from the cereal spot for my son. The food wasn't bad, once we were able to eat.
My only advice would be to find another spot for breakfast, but to still stay at the hotel. We enjoyed everything else!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear “Ali0608”,
Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We appreciate your compliments and take your comments about the slow breakfast experience seriously.
I have addressed the slow breakfast service with our food and beverage manager. Thank you for your input.
We hope to see you soon again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem

Been to Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County? Share your experiences!