“Great Restaurant/Hotel Combo”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Restaurant/Hotel Combo”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was recently at the Crown Plaza with a wedding party, while the reception was elsewhere the party continued back at the hotel. The hotel itself was great, nice clean rooms and comfy bed, I was very happy that the wedding party chose this hotel for their after wedding accommodations. When we got back from the reception most of the party headed to the restaurant and bar at the hotel, which is fantastic, they had really good food and drinks at great prices. The beer selection is fantastic (I would come back just for that if you're a beer aficionado) they have a huge rotating beer selection. More importantly the service was great, the whole staff was very friendly and accommodating, even the manager checked on all of us and happily greeted us all. The next morning we had breakfast at the restaurant and again it more than lived up to expectations the breakfast was very good and we were again treated with such great service. I would highly recommend the hotel and restaurant if you are in the Bucks County area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MikeL558
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear "mikel558"
Thank you for your kind words.
We realize while traveling, you have many choices for hotels and do appreciate your loyalty.
You opinion matters to us and other travelers and we appreciate you taking the time to write about us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Nashville
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Crowne Plaza for two nights, using points. Our room was on the fifth floor, one of two levels accessible only by card. Although the room was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable, there was a lot of noise from the heating unit, the street, and the room above, which didn't make for the most restful of nights. What was more disturbing, however, is that on our second night, we tried to phone for a wake-up call, only to find the phones in the room were not working. We resorted to using the alarm clock, but discovered by chance in the middle of the night that the clock had the wrong AM/PM setting, so the alarm would not go off when needed (thank goodness for cell phone alarms!). When we went to check out the next morning and told the front desk attendant about the phones, we were informed that none of the phones in the hotel were working! They had never bothered to post any kind of notice to let their patrons know about the problem. In addition, as Priority Club members, we've usually been offered a free bottle of water at other Holiday Inn properties. Here, we were charged $2. When I saw someone getting two bottles at no cost the next morning, I was told I could have another bottle (for free), but that they "usually" did charge. I questioned that because of my previous experience at Holiday Inn Express, and was told "That's a different chain, so they have different policies." Aren't they all part of the same company? The nicest thing I can say is that for a hotel chain, the food in the restaurant was reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Beth W,
Thank you very much for your candid opinion of your experience at our hotel.
It was quite an unfortunate situation that your stay dates coincided with an unexpected area wide telephone service outage, I do assure you that an emergency phone was available.
We do appreciate your other comments and I will personally address them with our operating team.
I do thank you for your compliments about of food and beverage quality and service.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Trevose hotels

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sister blocked rooms for her wedding here. We had about 30 rooms reserved and also provided breakfast vouchers for the following day and invited guests to the bar after the reception (my point is that we provided them a LOT of profit for them that weekend). When we checked in, I found out that my room (and my whole family) was scattered between floors on the hotel. Normally, this wouldn't have been a big deal but the 5th and 6th floor of the hotel, where my sister was staying, required separate card key access. I asked if I could change our rooms so that it would be easier to help out and do all the running around that is required for a wedding. The front desk was not accomodating at all. I realize that the hotel may have been full, however, we were there before check in time and I knew that they could have done something for us if they tried. Ok, moving on from this... the second day when 15 of us were getting ready in the bridal suite, we called the front desk and asked for coffee. Every hotel that I have ever stayed at, when you have a special event- they send up something complimentary to thank you for their business. Not the case. They charged us 40 dollars for 3 pots of coffee! I thought that if you book a suite with 3 adjoining rooms then maybe free coffee would be included but that was not the case. (Just to note, it was when we booked another hotel for her bachelorette party- as well as a cheese, wine, and multiple bottles of champagne sent to the room). Overall, I had recommended the hotel because it has a great bar and good hangout spot for after an event. I was happy we had that space and utilized it well, but I was definitely dissapointed in the lack of knowledge from the staff (no one seemed to be on the same page), and the fact that I had to worry about little details (like getting into my sisters room to get ready) during such an important weekend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pamela H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and how we might have failed to meet your expectations.
We will definitely try to do a better job in the future.
pennsylvania
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here one night for a competition in Bensalem. We had two connecting rooms as requested. We were traveling with 3 girls and they accommodated us with a room on the 1st floor close to the pool. We were pleased with the hotel and the amenities. Pool was clean and the girls had a blast. We ate there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with rave reviews. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank steph4
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Steph4,
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell the world about your experience at our hotel and many "thanks" for your kind words. We work hard everyday to win the hearts of our guests and I am glad we won yours.
We look forward to seeing you again.
I hope the match went well.
Chittenango, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, Staff was extra friendly and went out of the way to make everything feel as close to home as possible, Restaurant was nice and cozy, Rooms are clean and very quiet. The lobby even includes a Barbershop which came in handy with all my travels, the breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ramossr65
Dear "Ramossr65"

Thank you for your kind words and we certainly appreciate your business.
Boston, MA
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed two nights in late January 2013. I found the room to be very noisy due to 1) proximity to US Rt 1 [avoid even # rooms] and 2) extremely loud heating unit.

I was "upgraded" to the priority club (6th floor) but there were no additional amenities that I could detect. There was a totally weird card on the desk promoting alcohol consumption at the lobby bar (see photo).

Bed was comfortable and bath was nicely appointed (towels, shampoo etc.). I didn't turn on the TV.

Wifi was free but extraordinarily slow (0.2 Mb/s at best) to the point that it was unusable.

Restauraunt service was spotty, slow and food itself uninspired. On the positive side, the international theme of the restaurant included an Iranian flag hanging from the ceiling which greatly pleased one of my travel companions who is originally from Iran.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Roamin_Candle,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the bed and bath.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding restaurant service, internet access and the noise. We will look into these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Crowe Plaza is an excellent facility to do any type of training. The staff is tremendously accomodating. There are several training rooms available for all group sizes for any type of training you require. With several different types of training going in different rooms the week we were there, the staff made sure all our requests and scheduled food and refreshments were in our training room exactly on time. As busy as it was, the staff made us feel like we were the only ones there. We even had a few situations where we needed some items ahead of schedule and the staff was right there to get us our requests immediately. Contact Jodie in the Sales Dept to schedule your Sales Training. Jodie co-ordinated the entire training week and did a fantastic job in making our training session a complete success.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear "Greg T"
Thank you for your kind words. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to tell the "world" what you think of us and it means a "world" to us.
Hoping to see you soon again, we remain

at your service,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem

Been to Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County? Share your experiences!