“Dissapointed with their Customer Service”

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
“Dissapointed with their Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sister blocked rooms for her wedding here. We had about 30 rooms reserved and also provided breakfast vouchers for the following day and invited guests to the bar after the reception (my point is that we provided them a LOT of profit for them that weekend). When we checked in, I found out that my room (and my whole family) was scattered between floors on the hotel. Normally, this wouldn't have been a big deal but the 5th and 6th floor of the hotel, where my sister was staying, required separate card key access. I asked if I could change our rooms so that it would be easier to help out and do all the running around that is required for a wedding. The front desk was not accomodating at all. I realize that the hotel may have been full, however, we were there before check in time and I knew that they could have done something for us if they tried. Ok, moving on from this... the second day when 15 of us were getting ready in the bridal suite, we called the front desk and asked for coffee. Every hotel that I have ever stayed at, when you have a special event- they send up something complimentary to thank you for their business. Not the case. They charged us 40 dollars for 3 pots of coffee! I thought that if you book a suite with 3 adjoining rooms then maybe free coffee would be included but that was not the case. (Just to note, it was when we booked another hotel for her bachelorette party- as well as a cheese, wine, and multiple bottles of champagne sent to the room). Overall, I had recommended the hotel because it has a great bar and good hangout spot for after an event. I was happy we had that space and utilized it well, but I was definitely dissapointed in the lack of knowledge from the staff (no one seemed to be on the same page), and the fact that I had to worry about little details (like getting into my sisters room to get ready) during such an important weekend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Pamela H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and how we might have failed to meet your expectations.
We will definitely try to do a better job in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here one night for a competition in Bensalem. We had two connecting rooms as requested. We were traveling with 3 girls and they accommodated us with a room on the 1st floor close to the pool. We were pleased with the hotel and the amenities. Pool was clean and the girls had a blast. We ate there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with rave reviews. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank steph4
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Steph4,
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell the world about your experience at our hotel and many "thanks" for your kind words. We work hard everyday to win the hearts of our guests and I am glad we won yours.
We look forward to seeing you again.
I hope the match went well.
Chittenango, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, Staff was extra friendly and went out of the way to make everything feel as close to home as possible, Restaurant was nice and cozy, Rooms are clean and very quiet. The lobby even includes a Barbershop which came in handy with all my travels, the breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ramossr65
Dear "Ramossr65"

Thank you for your kind words and we certainly appreciate your business.
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed two nights in late January 2013. I found the room to be very noisy due to 1) proximity to US Rt 1 [avoid even # rooms] and 2) extremely loud heating unit.

I was "upgraded" to the priority club (6th floor) but there were no additional amenities that I could detect. There was a totally weird card on the desk promoting alcohol consumption at the lobby bar (see photo).

Bed was comfortable and bath was nicely appointed (towels, shampoo etc.). I didn't turn on the TV.

Wifi was free but extraordinarily slow (0.2 Mb/s at best) to the point that it was unusable.

Restauraunt service was spotty, slow and food itself uninspired. On the positive side, the international theme of the restaurant included an Iranian flag hanging from the ceiling which greatly pleased one of my travel companions who is originally from Iran.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Roamin_Candle,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the bed and bath.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding restaurant service, internet access and the noise. We will look into these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Crowe Plaza is an excellent facility to do any type of training. The staff is tremendously accomodating. There are several training rooms available for all group sizes for any type of training you require. With several different types of training going in different rooms the week we were there, the staff made sure all our requests and scheduled food and refreshments were in our training room exactly on time. As busy as it was, the staff made us feel like we were the only ones there. We even had a few situations where we needed some items ahead of schedule and the staff was right there to get us our requests immediately. Contact Jodie in the Sales Dept to schedule your Sales Training. Jodie co-ordinated the entire training week and did a fantastic job in making our training session a complete success.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear "Greg T"
Thank you for your kind words. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to tell the "world" what you think of us and it means a "world" to us.
Hoping to see you soon again, we remain

at your service,
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is an average hotel overall. However the staff in general and the Chef are of note. I was on the executuve level. The room was worn, the bed not up to IHG/Crowne Plaza standards, internet poor speed with drop outs, not enough power sockets, but quiet. The bar was very busy with a good selection of beers but not of wines. The check-in and all the other staff were above average for IHG/Crowne Plaza. The restaurant tables were basic and set in a manner typical of fast food/family dining. The first night the restaurant was very busy with families, couples, and a few groups of men, and some like me who were dining on their own. The restuant service was very friendly and the wait-staff could answer questions about the menu. However, the food at dinner was fantastic! Well cooked, well presented, and good (modest sized) portions of meat and other items that made a great meal. The French onion soup was my first surprise, well seasoned and finished. Good enough for most high class and price restaurants. The salad that came after the soup was vibrant and a great on-the-side sauce. Then came the main course, lamb shank cooked to perfection with beautifully arranged grilled vegetables and a small "volcano" of dill rice (probably basmati rice). The desert was also great. The next night I tried the Tuna, the French Onion Soup and a desert. Again, excellent food. i rarely want to go back to a hotel, but the Chef is so good I hope to get the chance to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jeffery P
Dear "CJ British....Coup",
thank you for your candid comments. we value our guests opinions and comments and learn from them to remedy our weaknesses and further improve our strengths.
I have made sure that Sous Chef Daniel has been made aware of his great work and have launched an investigation into the HSIA problems you encountered.
I sincerely thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you soon again.
philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been involved with holding an event here for a few years and this report is long overdue..such an accommodating crew...every single person is amazing...comfortable rooms..great bar. delicious breakfasts..couldn't ask for a better place to hold a conference..i don't live that far away..so i only sleep over that one time a year, but i love this place..great job Maureen....thanks Sharon...love you all

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County? Share your experiences!