“Very nice place to stay when you have to go to a wedding or any time.”

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
new jersey
“Very nice place to stay when you have to go to a wedding or any time.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were told to book here because this is where the wedding party booked us.
The place was was very nice. Beautiful flowers in the lobby. Friendly check in people. The room was immaculate, and had updated new looking decor. Had a large variety of toiletries and plenty of clean towels.

We ate a snack in the bar/restaurant, and for bar food the food was actually pretty good,with large portions. We had a brunch the next day and the brunch was good too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reza G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to create a memorable experience for every guest every time and every day.
Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to your total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I found this hotel quite by accident, after having a business meeting there. What appealed to me was the level of service. The hotel itself is showing signs of age in some of the rooms I have seen and in the fitness center. The AC in the rooms doesn't work well and the fitness center is entered through a heavily chlorinated pool area. But what makes it stand apart is the service level of the front desk, the breakfast serve crew, especially Mike and Andrea who are always on the top of their game. They quickly learned my name after serving me a few times and were always welcoming and wanting to do whatever they could to make my stay better. I had decided to stay here when visiting Philly even when there are other hotel properties closer to my stores. The traffic is heavy in that and the entrance to the turnpike is only marked on one side of Street Road. Again, the service level of the staff sells this hotel to me

Room Tip: Great local restaurants nearby. Toscana Italian across the street is excellent. The executive room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Auburn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Cudos to Casey Mack, of the Crown Plaza of the sales dept, as well as the many staff members who made our stay a pleasure. We booked a block of 20 rooms for after my sons wedding and also had many quests come back to the hotel bar for drinks after the reception. We couldn't have been taken care of any better. All staff members were very attentive and took care of anything that might have been asked of them. When we arrived at our room there was a plate of cheese and crackers which was greatly appreciated. Casey and I emailed many times prior to the event and she answered all my questions and took care of making sure all my requests were handled. This took a lot off of my mind at such a busy time. Our rooms were clean and the breakfast the next morning was very good. I applaude Casey and the hotel staff for all their efforts. Great job!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Booked this Hotel, visiting the Parx Casino, web sight for casino stated this was the closest, and provided a shuttle. Neither were true. Busy road, stuck in traffic and issues with hotel, were not up to the Crowne plaza standards. Ice machines not working , wifi not working,lamp in room not working ,had to ask to fix, fitness room very outdated. Need to get with the program!!! Only bright side was good breakfast, but not included with price, had to pay extra for the room for breakfast. So truly not worth the higher priced room. air conditioning in room was so noisy, trouble sleeping

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Susan F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that the breakfast served during your stay lived up to your expectations. However, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Trevose hotels

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night to go to a wedding. The room smelled like bleach when we walked in, at least we knew it was clean. And the smell did dissipate after a while. The bed was comfy. The air conditioner was LOUD! We didn’t have time to go to the indoor pool, but it looked really nice! The bar/lounge in the lobby was pretty nice. They had a full menu, about 30 beers on tap and good drink prices. I went to get a cup of coffee in the lobby in the morning and you have to get a cup from the front desk. The coffee is only free if you’re a priority club member. If not, it’s $2 bucks. Really? You can’t spare a cup of coffee, Crowne Plaza? Most hotels give you a complimentary breakfast! And the coffee wasn’t even that good; it was Starbucks (ewww!). Just give everyone a free cup of coffee. They do have complimentary fresh soft pretzels in the lobby. I thought that was a nice touch. There are really no attractions around this hotel, but if you have an event to go to it’s a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed her for two nights as our friends were getting married down the block. This location was easy to get to. Aside from beaing near the catering hall, it is very easy to get to Rte 1 and the PA turnpike, pretty close to philly and about 20mins from Sesame Place.
The room and bathroom was clean and bed comfortable. The Shower actually had good water pressure (compared to other hotels I've stayed at). Our room had a fridge and microwave (I think we were upgraded from the room we originally booked). We had to check in pretty late at night and had no issues as they have a 24hr front desk. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was also plenty of parking and the free wi-fi service worked well and was a major plus.
You can purchase breakfast at the hotel in their Bistro. I would never do that again. Servers were not the most helpful. We were finally sat and given menus, no mention of the buffett we were staring at and we had to ask about it. After being seated and given our tea, the next time we saw the waitress was with the check, no offers for additional tea or even to see if all was okay. The plates and glasses were spotty and could have been cleaned better, that was a turn off for sure. We opted for the breakfast buffet instead of ordering from the menu. The food was not great and not worth the price ($11 each). The cheesy eggs and potatoes were tasteless, the toaster didn't toast, only warmed the food. I wound up eating a bagel with cream cheese, a few slices of bacon, and tea - a much overpriced breakfast.
In all the hotel accomdations are great and I'd stay here again and recommend it to others.(minus the breakfast)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here from Monday Sept 10th to Friday Sept 14th for business. I believe it is overpriced for the area, but I have stayed here many times before for business. I arrived home on Friday to find a bunch of bug bites on my ankles, feet and legs. I'm not sure if they were bed bugs, but if I had to guess i would say yes. I have 3 more weeks of business but I am choosing to stay farther away at the Sheraton bucks county. It is cheaper and cleaner and I don't have to worry about bugs.

• Stayed September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear smdio23,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Bucks County, Trevose, PA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem

Been to Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County? Share your experiences!