“Pretty sure this is a rebranded hotel that they tried to make a Crowne Plaza”

Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We rented two rooms on my Priority Club Points Break Rewards Nights so we cannot complain about the rates although when we looked at the rates for the nights we traveled, I would have been very disappointed to pay them.

Pros:
- proximity to good dining and shopping is excellent
- perfect location to stay for Sesame Place
- lots of free parking
- nice looking bar and restaurant on site (we did not dine there but the 30 beers on tap was impressive)
- very nice staff at the front desk (I believe it was Connie that checked us in...a first class check-in)
- we were offered that kids eat free all 3 meals in the restaurant and there is a play centre on site with someone to look after the kids from 5pm to 9pm weekdays.

Cons:
- pool and hot tub area not nice at all. Very dimly lit. Hot tub was cool each night we were there. The last night of our stay the pool was as warm as the hot tub which while not as hot as a hot tub should be, was way too warm to swim in. Decor is very poor and paint and windows in disrepair
- looked like the staff at the hotel pretty much abandons the pool area. Never any towels and the chairs and tables a mess every time we visited
- overall hotel I would give a 2.5-3.0 out of 5 for cleanliness. This place seriously looks like they tried to take a much cheaper chain hotel and make a Crowne Plaza out of if by adding a fancy shower head and not offering breakfast
- the club/executive level is a joke, more of a pain because you had to use the card every time you go on the elevator. No perks on being on that level at all. As a matter of fact we happened onto the 3rd floor and found it to be more appealing than ours (the 5th)
- loud traffic in the morning if you stay on the backside of the hotel

All in all, if you don't get it on Hotwire or Priceline for less than $80/night, I would forget about it.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the backside of hotel. Loud traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had a Wonderful time on our vacation. Everything about this hotel was Great! Especially Colleen at the front desk. From the moment we came in she had a welcomed smile on her face. She asked us what places we were interested in seeing while we were here and than told us she would put together directions for us. We left and when we came back, she had not only printed directions but also information on everything we wanted to see, right down to where to get the best Philly cheesesteak. The Hotel bar/ restaurant, Brady's was a fun place to have a casual meal and try a beer from their large amount of choices. Thank you Colleen and to all the rest of the staff for making our quick getaway a real good time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza this past weekend using the Sesame package. I read all the reviews and despite the ok comments on the food, we have young kids; so food is least important. Front desk has a very friendly staff. We arrived early and they were able to check us into our room before 3pm. The room was clean and the air was cool. We had a king bed with a sofa pull-out which was perfect for my kids (4yr & 22 mos old) TV's did not have any Nick Jr or Disney Jr but they were too tired to care.The next day it rained so we utilized the indoor pool. It was definitely heated on the warm side, but I prefer that rather than cold pools.My kids didn't want to get out. The checkout time is 12pm which was really a bonus. Since Sesame was closed the people at the front desk gave us lots of suggestions on what to do and they even called places for us. FYI- The Please Touch Museum was perfect. My kids couldn't get enough. They were occupied all day and loved it. I Highly recommend going if you have young children. I would definitely stay at this Hotel again next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 2flokids
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the Crown plaza for a week for business. I found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. The restaurants had good food at resonable prices and the staff was accomidating. I was amazed at how busy the lobby was, but the how quiet the hallway and room were.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank kfcassel
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I spend a lot of time in Philadelphia on business, and I always try to stay at the Crowne Plaza on Street Rd in Trevose Pa. The property always has clean rooms, and the staff of people are very accomodating, especially a gentleman by the name of Mike Vallani. Mike always goes out of his way to make a guest feel at home, and to provide the best experience possible, For me, the Crowne is like a home away from home. The only negative for me has been that the hotel gets booked many times with weddings, and large groups, so I have to make my reservations at least a week in advance. I definitely recommend this Crowne Plaza to everyone.

Room Tip: The King Executive non smoking is a great room to stay in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dante S
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a Sesame Place Getaway Package. I was extremely pleased with the hotel. Check in was a breeze and we were able to check in early, which was a huge help since we had a sleepy toddler. We stayed on the 5th floor which is a key card access floor. There was never a wait for the elevator. The hallways were always quiet and everyone we encountered was extremely friendly. The room was clean when we arrived and cleaned meticulously each day. The beds were comfortable and there was a nice flat screen tv as well as a microwave and refrigerator. The indoor pool looked nice but we did not get a chance to use it since we spent most of our time at Sesame Place. We also did not use the restaurant since we had breakfast with Elmo and Abby each morning :) It was a quick and easy ride to Sesame Place. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank lovevacay12
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We just got back from our trip to Sesame Place. We checked in to the hotel on Friday night. Room was clean, staff was friendly. We ate at Brady's restaurant, the food was just ok. Kids eat free which was nice. The breakfast buffet was not good for 10.99. We ordered off the menu the next morning and it was much better and cheaper! The play room was cute, but the attendant didn't seem thrilled to be there on Friday. My kids played for a little bit while my husband and I finished eating. It was nice that we could see them right there and eat in peace. The pool was just ok. Small, and not totally updated but my daughter enjoyed it. Nothing on TV for the kids. That surprised me since they are part of the sesame package. Saturday night, the kids played in the playroom again and the girl in there was much nicer and was playing with them. The only real negative thing I can say was the AC is so loud in the room! They should do something about that.
Sesame place was great, the kids loved it! All in all the trip was great, the hotel was good, not fancy , and could use some upgrades but overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the hotel away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kris R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Bensalem
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County? Share your experiences!