“Wonderful hotel near Sesame Place”

Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a Sesame Place Getaway Package. I was extremely pleased with the hotel. Check in was a breeze and we were able to check in early, which was a huge help since we had a sleepy toddler. We stayed on the 5th floor which is a key card access floor. There was never a wait for the elevator. The hallways were always quiet and everyone we encountered was extremely friendly. The room was clean when we arrived and cleaned meticulously each day. The beds were comfortable and there was a nice flat screen tv as well as a microwave and refrigerator. The indoor pool looked nice but we did not get a chance to use it since we spent most of our time at Sesame Place. We also did not use the restaurant since we had breakfast with Elmo and Abby each morning :) It was a quick and easy ride to Sesame Place. I would definitely stay here again!

4  Thank lovevacay12

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We just got back from our trip to Sesame Place. We checked in to the hotel on Friday night. Room was clean, staff was friendly. We ate at Brady's restaurant, the food was just ok. Kids eat free which was nice. The breakfast buffet was not good for 10.99. We ordered off the menu the next morning and it was much better and cheaper! The play room was cute, but the attendant didn't seem thrilled to be there on Friday. My kids played for a little bit while my husband and I finished eating. It was nice that we could see them right there and eat in peace. The pool was just ok. Small, and not totally updated but my daughter enjoyed it. Nothing on TV for the kids. That surprised me since they are part of the sesame package. Saturday night, the kids played in the playroom again and the girl in there was much nicer and was playing with them. The only real negative thing I can say was the AC is so loud in the room! They should do something about that.
Sesame place was great, the kids loved it! All in all the trip was great, the hotel was good, not fancy , and could use some upgrades but overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the hotel away from the highway.
3  Thank Kris R
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a vacation to PA, we chose this hotel due to the proximity to Philadelphia and Sesame Place. The staff was extremely helpful (before and after our arrival). Our room (king bed, sofa bed and crib) was very clean with a fridge and microwave. We were there for 4 nights and that was great. It was a 10 minute drive to Sesame Place and a 20-30 minute drive to Philly so I was pleased with the location.

On my first attempt to use the pool I noticed it was murky, so I complained to the front desk and they sent maintenance to clean it. Brady's Restaurant in the hotel stinks. The food is fair at best and it is worth the effort to drive down the road to any other restaurant or grocery store.

Room Tip: 5th and 6th floors require a keycard in the elevator in order to access them. They have less foot t...
2  Thank CoffeeCatMom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I just stayed here from 7/12-7/14 when taking my daughter to Sesame Place. Upon check in we were told that the pool was inoperable and that they would offer us an in-room movie for the inconvenience.The bathroom was not cleaned properly when we checked in (old used soap in the dish tray and used shampoo and conditioner bottles, so I assumed the tub was dirty) and the room smelled like stale smoke, though the property claims to be smoke free. Our keys deactivated themselves three times in our short stay and we had to make the long trek all the way back to the front desk each time. We came back from Sesame Place after our first night only to find our room door left OPEN after housekeeping came in to clean up the room! Thank goodness nothing was taken, but it was still upsetting. We ordered room service that night and it came pretty quickly (our entrees, the appetizer we ordered didn't show up until an hour later which I thought was weird they had obviously forgotten about the order) upon opening up my salad plate I found a yellow cork board push pin in my roll! They changed the salad out after about 20 minutes of waiting. Finally the pool was operable our last day there and when we went in to the pool area the pool was cloudy and had to be between 85 and 95 degrees. This is not the normal temperature for a heated pool, more like a jacuzzi!! The only silver lining for the entire stay was the staff, they were absolutely amazing, helpful and understood the issues with their hotel. Michael at the front desk was awesome in helping credit our room service due to the issue we had and Shameka in housekeeping was great at helping us out with the dirty room issues. Other than the staff I liked nothing about this hotel!!! I do not recommend, the people who work are the only thing going for this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
1  Thank Rebecca E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear preciouz27,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I’m glad our staff was amazing during your stay. I apologize for the pool condition you found it in and for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the summer, and just love everything about it. First I have to say the checking in process is so simple, and everyone at the front desk is so nice. The rooms are perfect and clean all the time. The Activity Center is great for kids, and wonderful for parents who just want to sit and relax without the kids for a little while. They have a girl in the Activity Center who's name is Jackie, and I have to say how great she is with the kids, I actually went in to check on my son at one point, and Jackie was sitting on the floor playing with him, and he was having such a good time with her, he threw me out and said to come back later, that just shows you how good Jackie is with kids, and she really is such a sweet girl. We are going back again next week and really can't wait to see her again. As for a Manager at the hotel named Janet, this Lady belongs doing what she does, not only does she know how to deal with people, she really knows how to make people feel comfortable, and really does take care of you. I have seen her at the hotel for the times we have stayed there, but just started talking to her this week, and in talking to her and listening to what she has done and is still doing for so many families here is just amazing!!!!! Janet has such a good heart and really believe when you meet her and talk to her, you have made a friend for life!!!! Keep up the good work everyone at the Crowne Plaza, and I can't wait to get back and see you all again next week!!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

1. I reserved a room with a king bed. I received a room with double beds. When I asked if there were any king rooms left, the front desk staff (Omar) said that he gave that room to the guest who checked-in just after me. He told me that guest had requested a room with double beds, but could not give it to him because he just gave that room to me. So, Omar gave the wrong room on two reservations. He tried to call the other guest to see if he would switch, but that guest and his family had already settled into bed. If there were two rooms left when I checked-in, why did he not give me the right room?

2. The soap and shampoo from the previous guest was still in the shower. It was never cleaned up by housekeeping. If they cannot clean the easy to see items, are they cleaning and disinfecting the things that are not as easy to see?

3. I was not provided the password for internet access upon checking-in. I had to call down and ask for it when I was trying to use the service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear jla_7,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our front desk especially on room assignments and for the cleanliness of the bathroom which was unacceptable. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 30, 2012

One of the front desk agent (Michael)knows how he serve guest,like when me and family checked in two days ago he was very nice and also the bartender(Rich) been a good example in the restaurant even though ive been going in and out to smoke outside,he understand and trust the guest w/ benefit of the doubt to reassuring id pay my drinks...i would love to come back again to this hotel for next vacation

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County? Share your experiences!