“Loud, smelly rooms with safety hazards!!”

Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Reviewed May 14, 2012

After reading the reviews online, I decided to book at the Crowne Plaza over the Holiday Inn for a business trip that took me to the Trevose, PA area. I was VERY disappointed with my stay. I received my first room key and took one step inside and could barely breathe. Whoever was in the room previously had clearly smoked in it (and actually, smelled like they were STILL smoking in it). I had requested a non smoking room and signed their non smoking agreement when checking in, so not sure how I ended up in a room where someone had previously been smoking. They graciously moved me to the room next door, which still had a very strong smoke odor. As you can see from the pictures that I've posted, I had a lovely view of all of the air conditioners for the hotel. They were all running and all extremely loud so I asked to be moved to a new room. Well, they explained to me that they were actually OVERBOOKED by one room so they couldn't move me. So I was stuck in a smelly, loud room. I went back up to charge my cell phone and found the lovely wall socket (picture also attached) next to the bed in my room. This is such a safety hazard...plugs were falling out, the bottom right outlet was completely cracked apart. Disaster. I decided to eat in the hotel restaurant as I had a coupon for a free appetizer. I received my drink AFTER I completed my meal. The pasta with the "lump" crab meat barely contained any crab at all and it surely wasn't lump. The waitresses were plenty nice enough and just seemed overworked. Finally retiring to my room for the evening, I went upstairs to take a bath and found a dirty bathtub. I didn't even bother taking a picture as by this point I was so disgusted I couldn't wait to get out. I cut my trip short and checked out the next day even.

Overall, I had a terrible experience and will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Andrea C
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Dear Andrea C,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 7, 2012

The purpose of this trip was for me to have lasik eye surgery next door. We got a corporate rate through the eye surgeon. All of the employees that we encountered were polite and helpful - from the front desk, maintenance, cleaning staff, and pub and bistro employees.

I didn't have a corporate code to enter when making reservation, but added the info under special request and the room charge was adjusted before we checked in. We left wake-up calls both nights but didn't get the call on the 2nd morning. We fortunately woke up in time to make my appointment. They honored their wake-up call guarantee and took the charge off for the 2nd night.

Everything was clean and in working order. Some things I can only describe as "creative maintenance" - but it did the trick.

Since I am a "Priority Club" member, I got a card at check-in for either beverage (soft drink, bottled water, glass of house wine or domestic beer), food (mozzarella sticks, vetables crudite with Ranch Dressing, Nachos, or Old Bay Fries) or return the card for 250 Priority Club Rewards Bonus Points.

Our room had a microwave and refrigerator. We didn't use them so I don't know how well they worked. There was a coffee pot with two ceramic coffee mugs and regular and decaf coffee. We used the regular coffee and it was really good.

Breakfast is NOT included in room price. There are actually two places to eat in this hotel - Brady's American Pub and Global Bistro. The Bistro offers a Buffet Breakfast. Neither the Bistro or the Buffet are advertised anywhere in the hotel.

The first morning we arrived at the Bistro just before 10 and could not get seated. The waitress then opened Brady's and we had breakfast in there. The 2nd morning, after my appointment, we did have the buffet in the Bistro. It was just OK. The cook did a good job of refilling the items. I would recommend ordering breakfast off the menu.

The morning we order from the menu I had the All American (scramble eggs, country potatoes, bacon, and toast) and hubby had the blueberry pancakes. Delicious.

The first evening we ate dinner at the Bistro. We both got the pasta (choose pasta, choose sauce, choose protein). Hubby got whole wheat pasta (which was penne), marina sauce and meatballs and I got fettuccine with marina and chef's choice of seafood (included shrimp and salmon). The portions were huge. Pasta entrees include salad and rolls.

The second evening we ate at Brady's Pub. My husband had the cheesesteak and I had a portabella and provolone burger (came with lettuce and tomato), both included a huge portion of yummy fries.

The indoor pool looked nice but we did not use.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bwolfe8140
Reza G, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thank you so very much for your feedback. We thank you for your candid comments and opinions.
We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

It's a very nice Hotel we stayed on the weekend sat into sun. thought the price would be higher they charged 108 plus. For the money it was welll worth it. they also accept AARP and AAA for a discount. the only problem i had was they had a very good continental breakfast but u had to pay for it extra. The price was not included in the hotel fee. which i thought should of been. they take both credit cards and cash. We stayed on the executive floor the 6th fl which u needed a special card to go that far on the elevator. the rooms were clean, they also had a swimming pool and a fitness room. all in all if they would of included breakfast it would of been a good stop. breakfast was eleven plus per person or there abouts.

Room Tip: go to the 6th fl it is less crowded costs more. but well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lbuzilow19
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have stayed at other Crown Plaza hotels with positive experiances and this was no differant. Check in was professional and efficiant. the decore of the rooms and lobby were modern and clean. The bathroom was very large with ample room for changing. The heated pool was very warm and there was a huge hot tub spa next to the pool. The exercise room had one tredmill, two exercise bikes, an eliptical and weight machine. All worked fine. There was a free coffee bar set up just inside the resturaunt and news papers in the lobby as well as one delivered to your room in the morning. My only gripe was that i had a room facing the Pa. turnpike and I heard trucks wizzing by all night long. The room HVAC unit was rather noisy when running and I found the bed to be a little to firm for my likeing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Street Road as the rooms facing the turnpike may not be as quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Quiet, efficient, comfortable. So glad I found you. Lots of safe parking. Spacious

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Water-Reality
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We've been staying here on and off since July of last year (15+ stays). It's a great location, outside of the downtown gridlock, but also "just close enough".The rooms are clean, the restaurant and lounge have EXCELLANT food, and the staff is always pleasant, professional and eager to please. Eddie and Colleen are exceptional people, always cheerful and really make us feel like old friends! A Must-Stay place if going to Philly! Karen M.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This past visit to Philadelphia marks the third time that i have stayed at this Crowne Plaza Bucks County (Trevose) and I cannot praise it enough. It is the "crown jewel' in the chain. The room was immaculate, the staff was extremely personable and the room boasted every convenience to make the stay most comfortable. It's conveniently located with ample parking space. i highly recommend it to anyone traveling in this area who is looking for a great accommodation at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Upper floors are usually quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 10 in Bensalem
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County? Share your experiences!