“Bed Bugs”

Comfort Inn Trevose
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Killed two bed bugs sucking my baby management says they will give me refunds but it never happened

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Jguadez

Reviewed September 2, 2011

This hotel is only mere minutes from Sesame Place, and a lot cheaper than staying right next door to the park. It's only a few minutes on the road and you're there. The room comes equipped with a dorm sized fridge and a microwave. Along with that there's a pool and the biggest perk is the breakfast room. There's yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, donuts, bagels, pastries, cereals and you can make your own waffles. We were so pleased when we stayed in May, that we decided to come again in August. Well worth the price. The rooms were nice, clean and very spacious for a pack and play. I travel with my husband, my 8 yr old and 2 yr old. So quality in a hotel is a must for me. Try this one, you can't beat it!

2  Thank Kolohegirl
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Yes, it is older and shows wear. I saw no bugs and believe me I looked. Breakfast did suck, cereals in big jars looked dubious and a lady with ten kids monopolized the waffle maker.Coffee maker in room.
The sheets and bedding were clean, bathroom had two black curly hairs. Pool was small but well kept. Four minutes from Sesame and hundreds cheaper. If you are rich and picky, go stay at the really expensive place. If you are on a budget, try this place.

3  Thank Janine S
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I take several trips a year with my husband and two daughters (age 7 and 13) and this was the first time i booked without checking the reviews because it was last minute (spontaneous) decision to go to Sesame Place and we needed something quick! The place is old, carpet was worn, raised, my daughter saw roaches (pregnant) in the bathroom (219) in the room and in the breakfast area (by the coffee machine). The beds are double....i was not comfortable sleeping on a double when we have a queen at home...but the fear was that it may have bed bugs because the place just felt dirty. I suggested we check out and check in somewhere else, but my husband discouraged me saying that it would be fine. Thankfully no bites/bed bugs by the time it was morning,,however i will stay say that overall the place is a dump. The pool is tiny, not as depicted on the comfort inn website, it was located on the parking lot,,,with no shade, or coverage,, so that every random person parking their car would see right into the pool.

The Front desk staff was polite,professional, friendly, and was never rude despite the busy front desk/reception area. The cleaning staff however had big bundles of dirty sheets in laundry bins in the common elevator (no service elevator???) which i was grossed out about, and a staff person vacuumed the area while ppl were eating their breakfast, the 'free' computer/pc in the lobby was not working when we arrived,,furniture is old,,,this place NEEDS renovations BIG TIME.

Room Tip: i have none...
2  Thank JacquelineOnyc
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Atfer having stayed in a Comfort Inn In Virginia, Which was a really nice clean hotel, We decided to stay in a Comfort Inn again for an overnight to Sesame Place. What a wrong choice. Pulled up to place to find Exterminator truck parked in front. Hallways were not clean. Bathroom was not clean, stains on toilet, chair in room had stains, handle on desk was hanging off, nail polish stains on the comforter of the bed and on one of the end tables. The microwave was disgusting! Black curly hair inside and around the top portion. The TV was old & making noise, had to hit the side to make it stop.(see photo's of room).Woke up feeling itching. My wife, daughter and myself all had bite marks on our legs and arms. We put all our clothes in a plastic bag & washed them as soon as we arrived home. This comfort Inn needs to be closed down for renovations. Even the Shell gas station next to the hotel closed at 9pm on a friday night.Area Of hotel is right at the end of the highway, so if you have a room in the front you hear the traffic all night long. Thats what you get for $89 a night. However we paid the same price a few weeks earlier in Virginia. And that place was a palace compared to this one. My advice...Spend the extra money & stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
2  Thank ckid525
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Have stayed here a couple of times in past few years and was always satisfied on the price/value basis. However, this time we found the bathroom roach infested. Not good. Room itself was clean and basic and continental breakfast was OK.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We needed a place that accepted pets. It was clean..however,.carpet had stains on it and it looked like cigarette burns; but was a non smoking room. Pool was nice and grandchildren had fun in it.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for an odd numbered room; even numbers are in front next to highway.
1  Thank dmgcota
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem

Been to Comfort Inn Trevose? Share your experiences!