“Stay Away”

Comfort Inn Trevose
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Atfer having stayed in a Comfort Inn In Virginia, Which was a really nice clean hotel, We decided to stay in a Comfort Inn again for an overnight to Sesame Place. What a wrong choice. Pulled up to place to find Exterminator truck parked in front. Hallways were not clean. Bathroom was not clean, stains on toilet, chair in room had stains, handle on desk was hanging off, nail polish stains on the comforter of the bed and on one of the end tables. The microwave was disgusting! Black curly hair inside and around the top portion. The TV was old & making noise, had to hit the side to make it stop.(see photo's of room).Woke up feeling itching. My wife, daughter and myself all had bite marks on our legs and arms. We put all our clothes in a plastic bag & washed them as soon as we arrived home. This comfort Inn needs to be closed down for renovations. Even the Shell gas station next to the hotel closed at 9pm on a friday night.Area Of hotel is right at the end of the highway, so if you have a room in the front you hear the traffic all night long. Thats what you get for $89 a night. However we paid the same price a few weeks earlier in Virginia. And that place was a palace compared to this one. My advice...Spend the extra money & stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
2  Thank ckid525

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Have stayed here a couple of times in past few years and was always satisfied on the price/value basis. However, this time we found the bathroom roach infested. Not good. Room itself was clean and basic and continental breakfast was OK.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We needed a place that accepted pets. It was clean..however,.carpet had stains on it and it looked like cigarette burns; but was a non smoking room. Pool was nice and grandchildren had fun in it.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for an odd numbered room; even numbers are in front next to highway.
1  Thank dmgcota
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This is the WORST hotel that I have ever stayed in!!! This hotel should be closed for renovations. The carpet in the rooms and hallways were worn and dirty. My wife woke up with bed bug bites all over her body. We called Comfort Inn to complain but we were told that each Comfort Inn is individually owned and operated and that Comfort Inn is not responsible for any problems with individual hotels. I called the hotel manager but did not receive a response. I am dumbfounded that Comfort Inn would allow itself to be associated with this hotel.

The hotel pool was very small and not well kept. The breakfast was horrible also.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PeteCT
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I have stayed in Comfort Inns up and down the east coast. My experience always has been a clean place to stay, reasonably priced and a good value. This is by far the worst hotel experience ever.

The hotel is totally outdated and needs to be closed for renovation. Carpet in the rooms and the hallways was dirty and worn. The wall covering was pealing off the walls. The bath tub was fithy. There was grafitti on the walls in the room. The road noise next to the highway made it impossible to sleep. The advertised full hot breakfast consisted of a waflle maker, cereal and a few doughnuts. The side entrances to the hotel were supposed to be locked between 11pm and 7 am but never were due to a broken lock. All this for $109 a night.

I complained about the room condition (filthy bathroom) and the staff assured me they would take care of it. Upon returning that afternoon nothing had been done.

Heed the advise of these reviews and don't stay here.

3  Thank striper2301
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This hotel in Trevose PA is horrable. I woke up with bed bugs bites all over my body. It was horrable and very scary to see myself in the mirror. When I told the manager he wasn't even surprized and didn't even apolagized. This hotel needs a lot of renovations. Also it's just too pricy. I am still shaking when I remembering when I was sleeping and these bugs were biting me, OMG I get goose bumps. So think about it first if you want to stay there

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank paulina065
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Got a little nervous after I booked this Comfort Inn, located in Trevose PA. Some reviews found online really portrayed the hotel in the wrong light.

We had stayed at another Comfort Inn, located in Levittown PA, also located about 5 miles from Sesame Place (our reason for being in the area); the three locations make a triangle of sorts. Enjoyed that stay three years ago, but it costs $140 a night versus $95/night for Trevose location for our dates of stay July 02 thru 04 2011.

Was very pleased with our Trevose Comfort Inn stay. Checked in quickly by a very friendly front desk clerk. Place was very clean. Carpet a little worn, but it was clean. I'm not buying the place so who cares if the carpet is not new.

I gave this hotel an Excellent rating even though it is a basic value hotel. But it is an extremely good value.

Bathroom immaculate. Fresh, fluffy new towels. Strong water pressure and plenty of hot water. King bed comfortable. Room away from street very quiet. No smells, NO BUGS. Air conditioner worked fine. Had a fridge and microwave. TV had plenty of channels and included free HBO.

Pool was well maintained, very clear.

Most guests seemed to be there for Sesame Place. Families with kids.

Free breakfast included make-your-own waffles, various muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, juices, tea, coffee. Room got crowded though but the food tasted good.

Free WiFi connected easy and was speedy enough for surfing, email.

Definitely worth the price paid.

i don't know what the complainers were talking about. We had none of the problems posted.

1  Thank WalkGoodPhil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 10 in Bensalem
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem

Been to Comfort Inn Trevose? Share your experiences!