Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
$80
$75
SleepInn
Lincoln Hotel(Trevose)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewswork stationoff the highwaypa turnpikeclover leafthe hotel is pet friendlysuperior kingin room coffeesesame placefront desk staffextended staycomfortable roomthe general managerneeded a place to stayparx casinophiladelphiamicrowavedryer
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I just spent two night there, and must downgrade the opinion I gave last year. The room was OK and clean, but the much-touted free wifi was too weak to trigger any of my three devices. And I encountered two large bugs, one that I squashed, one I showed the maid, who promptly sent it to a better world.
Having said that, it remains a good value for the price.

Room Tip: It seems that some room have been recently redecorated. It was not the case of mine, so it may be worth asking. Also, if you need to work on your computer, insist on a room reached by the wifi.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Red Rooof Inn trevose. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. We are currently evaluating several options regarding upgrading our wireless provider. At this time, I cannot say what the outcome will be .
All of our rooms have been renovated. This included new beds and bedding package, new flooring, interior and exterior painting as well as a remodeled lobby. Additionally all our rooms are now smoke free.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Red Roof Inn Trevose

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Based north of the city limits of Philadelphia, the Red Roof Inn is situated on a busy highway that is a little hard to locate at first. One has to be careful to ensure the entrance is not missed. It literally springs up without warning. The motel itself is fairly modern with new furnishings (at least in my room). The exterior was fairly basic which is the norm for the franchise. This location was definitely a step above the Red Roof Inn south of the airport. The area was more developed with shopping areas and restaurants. The motel is also very near the PA turnpike and a short distance to I95. Nearby attractions include numerous shopping centers, restaurants, and the PARC casino. Philadelphia is south of the area and easily reached.

During my stay (one night), my experience was above average with a nice "superior" room which had a king size bed for an extra $5 dollars. The for the extra money the room had a large HDTV, a mini microwave, a small fridge, a desk and chair, and a large room. The decor was ok but suitable. Everything was clean and fairly new. The bed was very comfortable and the AC worked well. The other hotel guests were casual and business travelers. The rates for the motel can run a little high but the modern furnishings were nice. One plus is that the motel does not place a hold on debit cards when checking in (they just take the card information in case there are charges).

Overall the motel was a nice, modern stay while conducting business. The staff were helpful in giving directions and recommending places to eat. There are tons of places nearby but use a map or GPS to get back as the location can be confusing for newcomers. The motel sits isolated on a freeway that requires some tricky navigation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Trevose.
Positive comments such as yours are a great incentive for our staff. I will share your review with them as we continually strive to ensure the satisfaction of our guests. I also was pleased to note that you liked your recently renovated room. All our rooms,our interior and exterior and our lobby were recently upgraded-I am glad you like the new look.
We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Michaerl Whalen

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recommend this property for anybody visiting the Philadelphia region. I have always chosen this property since after my first time i stayed here - i am a regular visitor to Philadelphia and even though there are other choices but i find this property and management most suitable, convenient, up to the standard of a nice, clean and safe place and ideally located for anybody visiting Philadelphia region.

Room Tip: Try to book online by calling in the Red Roof 1888 number - you might get a better deal.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Najeeb Q
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I have shared it with all our team members Positive guest comments such as yours are a great incentive for our team. Our newly renovated rooms truly help provide a great stay.
We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Off the PA Turnpike, south on U.S. 1, Red Roof Inn on the right NOW! Street Road westbound to U.S. South, Red Roof Inn on the right NOW! (Otherwise, you could be lost for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get there.)

So, you'll think I'm nuts to pick this Red Roof Inn twice, I'm sure. The last time I was here was in 2006, and it seemed like everything was for sale. They had some brochure on the bed about how they were selling pillows, etc. I'm not sure what was happening then.

The place has been renovated, much like other Red Roof Inn locations I've visited over the past couple of years. What's been done looks great, keeping in mind that this is a motel, not a Four Seasons Hotel.

What's not right is the door latch where I have to mess with it so I can leave with the door latched and locked. Room 137 has separate heating and cooling units and the air conditioning unit needs a bit of visible maintenance, yet it works just fine. The fan in the bathroom is horribly loud, as though the blades are clanging against the frame.

The front desk staff (I believe the owners) were very friendly and I felt that I was valued. Maybe, this has to do with RediCard--oh, and I got a free bottled water for being a member. It's a big deal when you see how much they're charging for bottled water, but you know--it seemed an odd perk. This room doesn't have a microwave oven or refrigerator, which is unfortunate, but it dropped the price a bit. However, I didn't realize that when I selected the price. Maybe, I missed the difference? I guess the 2 Full Bed rooms don't have but the 1 King bed rooms have everything.

When I was here in 2006, I had to purchase so-so internet service through T-Mobile. Now, it's through Red Roof Inns, and it's free. It's still very so-so. I had my Sprint mobile hotspot with me and it connected to both WiMAX and LTE at the location but LTE wasn't good enough to be useful at the time. On WiMAX, I was getting around 10 Mbps, which is great since their free WiFi seems to be overloaded.

Since I lived around here for 8 years, I don't think I'd be eating instant ramen in the room. In fact, I've already been out to get a great Italian Hoagie.

If you mind your directions, you'll be fine. It's about equal to the location in Christiana and it's much cheaper than the Oxford Valley location because of Sesame Place up there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed here a total of four times, and every single time I've returned, the quality has declined. The first two times, everything was fine. But the third time, the staff was incredibly rude and I noticed the guests had gotten more sketchy. The fourth and final time I stayed here, the people staying in the rooms next to me were having a loud party. I asked them to please keep it down as it was approaching midnight and they ignored me. So I called the motel lobby and told them to please ask them to keep it down. The staff member told me that he would. One hour later, the party was still going on (at midnight). I called the lobby again and said "hey, I called before, what gives?" and the staff member said "oh, I thought I sent security." Nope. Finally, I did see security (or a staff member) come by and ask them to be quiet a full hour and a half later. That is entirely too long, especially when this inn is so small, and especially when other guests are being very affected by these rude people.

I received no apology from the desk clerk or staff. The fact that I had to call a second time and the staff member didn't show up to tell these guests to end their loud party after an hour and a half shows the lack of consideration for guests.

As such, I won't be staying here any longer and no longer recommend it. After I read an article posted on TripAdvisor about a robbery that happened here, I have not felt comfortable since and my recent experiences have shown me that I should avoid it when traveling solo. Their security is nonexistent and their staff members go out of their way to NOT help you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LilMissTraveler

Thank you for your response regarding your stay. I am sorry that your stay was not to our usual standards.At all times our team strives to provide a great stay, I regret that this was not the case.
While I do not know when your plans may bring you back to the area, if they do please contact me directly so we can show you a perfect stay .