“Not too bad”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not too bad”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I'm always worry when it comes to this type of hotel establishment. It's not Marriott or HIlton, but we got to do what we have to when we need a night's stay, stuck due to bad weather condition and always traveling with my beloved dog. We checked in the last minute at around 8-9 pm and paid the same rate as anyone would book it in advanced. We did not find any bed bugs, dust, dirt or foul smell. The room was of course basic, just shampoo, towels, and hand soap. No extra amenities but we can settle with the big flat TV cable and free wi-fi. The grounds were maintained except we saw one inappropriate trashing of the surrounding. I'll rather stay here than the Red Roof Inn we stayed in Mt Laurel. May I suggest to Red Roof Inn to kindly ask guests to agree on a pet waiver of picking up their dog's feces. We are responsible dog owner and we always make sure of that, but for the rest of us, we need to enforce compliance when visiting, even if, we are paying customers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mai-ImIt
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. At Red Roof Inn we value our guest's feedback.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Michael Whalen
Red Roof Inn Trevose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Denver, PA
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I think a lot of these reviews are harsh.. I stayed here for about a month and did not notice hookers, bugs or rude employees. One thing I wish is that someone who works there would have mentioned the redi-card or the fact that I could have gotten discounts with AAA, etc (i was paying nightly and they are a tad overpriced.)
I think it is a good area in general and really like how they have a laundromat on premises. I think check out could be later than 11 pm (when check in is at 3 pm, I think it's bad business not to have check out at least noon but I am nit picking now)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Candy C
Dundalk, Maryland
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We checked in around 4pm on a Saturday. The check in was a bit slow considering I was the only one in the lobby. But the gentleman was very nice and friendly once he was able to check us in. The lobby was very nice and appeared to be recently remodeled. We had a room on the second floor of the building containing the office. The appearance of the room was good. It was clean and smelled nice. The bathroom was clean as well. The room had a new flatscreen television. The work area sufficient. The two double beds were fair at best. The mattress not comfortable at all and the pillows were terrible. The linens and spreads were very nice. The room temperature was great and it was nice and dark for sleeping. The worst part is lack of insulation? You can hear every single noise outside the room. People weren't load but there were folks outside smoking and talking and you could hear them clearly. Also I am assuming the place is pet friendly because there was a dog a couple of doors down that we did hearing throughout the nice (not constant). All in all, the hotel is fine for a nights sleep. This Red Roof is a lesser grade hotel and we did after all book it basically for price and location. You normally do get what you pay for. If you are just looking for a inexpensive place to crash, it fills the bill

Room Tip: This hotel is almost in an exit ramp and surrounded by roads. There probably isn't a totally qui...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Employees were rude! I checked in and someone called on the phone, so she was yelling at the woman on the phone, then she hangs up on the woman and then starts complaining about her to me! You don't complain about another guest to another guest! Got to room, it was an outdated room. I have been to other RRI where they are updated with new mattresses, floors, furniture etc. The TV here was nice! The toilet was clogged, as well as the sink! The shower curtain rod is half hanging off the wall and almost fell on me! Part of the deadbolt on the door was falling off. Get this property in check!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevin G

Travelers are raving about these Trevose hotels

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have never been in a red roof before and may say it was not as I expected.
Found everything kind of destroyed and worn out.
towels quite too hard and linnes to itchi.

Wont stay in this kind of hotel again! sorry...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Please accept my sincerest apology for your stay not being what you expected. We are in talks with our vendor regarding our terry and linen, we are working with them to make sure we get the best quality for our guests.

I would like to invite you back to stay at any Red Roof Inns and hopefully your experience will be outstanding.

Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Check-in was easy and welcoming. Room (King, NS) was adequate, but RRI has to have the tiniest bathrooms ever! Bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. Wi-fi was advertised as being available, but could not connect, even after checking with desk and phoning help number. TV was a good-sized flat screen. Requested a non-smoking room, that is what I got - no residual odor of smoke. The one draw-back was that everything outside the room could be heard inside: people talking, dogs barking (and I was there for a dog show myself, and am pretty tolerant, but not at 10:30 at night). When everything quieted down at 11 PM, got a good night's sleep (the noise was not the fault of the hotel, just an observation). Room was clean, adequate, Red Roof employees showed they wanted my business - I will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank for your kind words regarding your stay during the Kerry Blue Dog Show. I do apologize for the noise outside of your room, this can be a challenge when we have big groups. We can not wait until we see you again for the next dog show, you are always welcome at the Red Roof Inn Trevose.

new york city
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I checked in the room and found it a step below Red Roof's usual quality. Towels were not on par with other Red Roof's I have stayed in. The Wi-FI did not work, you could open a website, at times, but not be able to download any information. I contacted the front desk which tried to accomodate me by moving me to the second floor which was not an option. They also had the internet provider contact me but to no avail. They told me it was an internal problem (in the hotels WI-FI) wiring.

Room Tip: If you want Wi-FI you may be in trouble.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am sorry to hear your stay was not the best it could have been. Thank you for your comments on the quality of the towels and the WI-FI. I have gotten with our linen vendor to see what we can do to ensure we have the same quality as other Red Roof Inns. I would like to mention that comments regarding the Wi-Fi have been heard and we are in the process of upgrading the service. I invite you to stay in the near future, we are happy to announce that we will be renovating the property in the beginning of the new year.

Kareem Zahr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Sleep Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Trevose
#4 of 6 in Trevose
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Ramada Levittown Bucks County

Been to Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose? Share your experiences!