“Too Little too Late”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Amsterdam, NY
“Too Little too Late”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

Let me start with the positive - Staff was very accomodating and friendly. Hotel itself left much to be desired. Our family spent 4th of July weekend here and were planning to visit Sesame Place, which by the way is very nice for families with young children (ours are 2 and 5 and loved it). The first room we were given smelled like something had died in the air conditioning and when we asked to be switched the staff was very nice and even gave us a voucher for a free breakfast. Our second room was OK but there were only 3 bath towels for 4 people and upon turning down the beds for the night I discovered a stain on one set of sheets and hair in the other bed - they had obviously not been changed since the last occupant. Ran out of toilet paper. Room didn't get cleaned the second day we were there. Pool was full of rowdy teenagers rough-housing on the pool deck and in the pool. Lifeguard continued to text on her phone as if chaos was not happening around her. Pool deck had toilet paper on it and pool water was cloudy. We did not let our children swim there which was a dissapointment because we were counting on a pool to fill our time at the hotel. Not a good selection of children's TV stations, no hook-up on TV for DVD player. We ended up renting a pay per view movie for $12 - Crazy I know but there's only so much kids can do in a hotel room before they get bored out of their minds. Bath tub OLD and dirty looking ended up giving showers to my kids because I didn't want them sitting down in the tub. Overall an OLD renovated hotel that did alot of cosmetic things to make it look better but not new.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NYSTEPH
ThehotelguyatCEG, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Dear NYSTEPH,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments and apologize for the conditions you experienced at our property. We are pleased that our staff was responsive to your concerns; we are focusing on the conditions of the room with our housekeeping staff and we are working closely with the operations team to rectify the situations that were raised regarding the indoor pool and the television in the room. Thank you again for taking time to provide feedback regarding your stay.

Guest Services Team at the Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

The staff at the hotel is very nice, and accomidating. However, I was a bit disappointed by the room. I was excited to see that they had "sleep number" beds, as I had always wanted to try one :) Unfortunately, it was broken, and set on a very FIRM setting. I found the bathroom to be in dire need of some bleach. The sink and the toilet appeared clean. However, the tub and shower walls disgusted me. So much so that I purchased my own bathroom cleaner and sponge and cleaned it myself. Most of the caulking in the bathroom was cracked and lifting, and the shower actually had mold.

I booked this stay through Sesame Place...and although it was a good price. I would personally pay a little more for better quality.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and apologize for how you found your room. Our goal is to provide a value based product that offers you comfort and convenience for the price paid. We have passed your comments regarding the condition of the bathroom on to our housekeeping staff and your comments regarding the Sleep Number Bed to both maintenance and our corporate offices. Our goal is your satisfaction and we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and for bringing these issues to our attention.

Guest Services Team of the Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Fraser, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

Hotel was fine. Staff was very nice, helpful and friendly. We went to Crayola Factory, Downtown Philly and Sesame Place while staying here...1 hour, 20 minutes and 15 minutes away respectively.
Was clean enough for me to feel comfortable with my son to roam around the room with out stressing out.
Ate their breakfast buffet on Sat morning, was alright-nothing wrong but nothing exceptional.
Staff was great!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TammyJD
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel; we are pleased that you had a nice stay. Yes our location is one of our advantages, especially during the summer season our proximity to Sesame Place and Downtown Philadelphia are perfect for anyone wanting the convenience of the attractions without the congestion of the city or attraction hotels. We are pleased that you found our rooms to be 'clean enough' we take all comments to heart and will work closely with housekeeping staff to ensure your next stay is exceptionally clean! Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us in Bucks County.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I loved this hotel, even though it was a 4 hour trip.
There was a pool, indoor and out.
And they support the Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
So, every few days there was a meeting with food and drinks.
And I was aloud to come um because my mom has Cancer.
It was so awesome that I recomend this hotel to everone,
if you stop in PA!!!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed at the Radisson Philly Northeast for a night while visiting the area. Check-in went smoothly due to friendly helpful staff.
The rooms were clean and spacious with a fast internet connection. Mine was on the 4th floor and there were two elevators servicing the hotel.
It was my first time trying a Sleep Number Bed, which is a nice perk at this hotel.
I didn't try the pool, fitness centre, or restaurant, but I saw them and they looked great.
The lobby area is very nice with lots of places to sit and relax.
The area is convenient with many attractions in close proximity.
There is a large parking lot where you can park for free.
Overall, it was a comfortable stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
ThehotelguyatCEG, Management at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
As a representative of he Radisson, we appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and greatly appreciate your recent comments. We always stride to provide a clean, comfortable, and friendly hotel and we are glad we met all of your expectations.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

My 10 year old son and I stayed here while on a business trip in the area. The location was good and everything was probably better than I expected, since I am not a frequent Radisson guest and my stays at other Radisson properties were not very memorable. Got the room through priceline at a good rate. Didn't use any of the amenities, other than the free internet, the restaurant for one breakfast buffet (pricey, but good selection and quality) and their restaurant seating area in the lobby for a meeting with another person.

Staff was very friendly and helpful at check-in and when asked about a place to meet.

The room was average - nothing special, nothing terrible. Everything worked and I didn't have any complaints.

I had a rental car so wasn't concerned about the proximity of restaurants. Nothing I did was more than a ten minute drive from the property.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

Pillowcases were dirty and had hair on them. Pillows themselves were absolutely filthy and very very stained. Even the "new" one that was brought after I complained didn't look very clean. If you stay in this hotel, take off the pillowcases and check out just how disgusting the pillows look. Makes me wonder how many years a pillow is used before being thrown out. And a pillow costs.. what... $5 at walmart these days?

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank helo991
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia  -  Bucks County
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!