“One of the best hotels in the area...”

Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Reviewed August 20, 2009

After four years of heading to Sesame Place with two small children, we finally found a hotel that works!

Last year we stayed at the Sheraton in Bucks County and I vowed to never step foot in it again. While the customer service was great, the hotel was filthy and run-down. Not to mention, overpriced. The Radisson was a welcome change! The rooms were up-to-date and most importantly, CLEAN. My husband was thrilled that I finally found a hotel room that I was comfortable in. I'm usually the one complaining about the hotel conditions when we travel, but not this time. The carpet and furniture were in good shape and the room decorations were fine. While the water pressure in the shower was a bit weak, the rest the bathroom was clean and free of cracking structures and mildew. The pools are a bit small but at least there are two (one is inside) so you can swim even if it rains. There are lots of choices for dining nearby to suit every budget, and a local Target for any last minute items you might need.

The only things that keep me from giving the hotel "five stars" are the front desk staff and the breakfast buffet. The buffet is overpriced and tastes horrible. Save your money and head to IHop or Panera in Langhorne. The front desk staff are not very welcoming or friendly. They seem as if they hate their jobs and are just there for a paycheck. Fortunately, we didn't have any problems so their attitudes didn't really impact our stay.

Overall, we had a great stay. Sesame Place is a short 10-15 min. drive and the value of staying outside of Langhorne is well worth it! After staying within minutes of Sesame Place for the last three years and paying an arm and a leg for mediocre hotels, I would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BlackberryGal
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Reviewed July 25, 2009

We stood here for our trip to Sesame Place, This hotel was very clean, friendly staff and good service. The room service was timely, food was okay but it is expensive. The pools were clean, and there are lifeguards on duty. The indoor pool is heated and they are both a good size. We'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Wonderful sleep number beds-large comfortable rooms. Pool area was nice and warm. We didn't eat at the restuarant but it seemed very busy especially for breakfast. Fitness center was nice. My husband forgot his shaver and they sent it home to us FedEx-(we paid for it). Computers were monopolized by children.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I must say that I was a bit hesitant to stay at this hotel when I read the reviews, however, because of it's proximity to Sesame Place, made the reservation and hoped for the best. We stayed mid-week, so we didn't encounter the "partying" described in other reviews.

I was traveling with my husband, daughter and her family (two young boys ages 3 & 5). We had a lovely time and the hotel was exceptional. It was affordable and except for one person working at the front desk, every other staff member could not have been nicer. Those working at the restaurant were also great. The made to order breakfasts were delicious. The breakfast buffet was typical, but not my favorite. I would definitely stay here again. We were all happy with our rooms and I would highly recommend this hotel. It was clean and comfortable and an easy drive to Sesame Place, which was the highlight of the trip for my grandsons!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We chose this hotel for our week long stay because it was the nicest place to stay in the closest proximity to the home of a relative were were visiting in Bensalem.

We encountered a horrible display of unprofessional and repulsive insensitive behavior by a couple members of the staff. I will not go into detail since the corporate office was horrified and made every effort to rectify the situation. I will say that the corporate office's handling of the situation is the sole reason we will ever stay at a Radisson again.

This hotel houses a number of people from the cancer treatment center. The group that we encountered were lovely (and we wish them them the best!) There presence in the hotel really lends a homey and friendly feeling to an otherwise corporate setting. This was refreshing and a nice change of pace.

Our stay was comfortable during the week (minus the drama from certain insensitive employees.) Our 7 year old enjoyed the pool and we found most of the staff attentive, friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and the furnishing were in excellent shape. The sleep number beds took awhile to get used to and by the third day we finally found our best setting.

The weekend was very loud! As the rooms filled with party animals and the pool became party central, the laid back/family/casual business atmosphere certainly diminished. The party goers were just too aggressive to allow our son to swim in the pool. At night they ran up and down the halls, switching rooms and continuing to party. Another guest and other family members stated that this was not unusual for the hotel and every weekend is pretty much the same (as far as their stays.) If you like to party.... this is the place to be! Good thing we are sound sleepers!

The breakfast buffet was typical fare. They actually make really good lattes! The Vietnamese restaurant that delivers to the hotel is a definite must try!!! The delivered food was exceptionally good. The service at the bar was slow but the mixed drinks were well made. The front desk staff (during the day only) were exceptional!

The hotel computers were slow to say the least (5 minute page turns on one PC!). I have had faster connections in third world countries! So, if you have important thing to attend to on the computer, I would suggest you bring your laptop. Otherwise, you will have to wait for the one PC that works the best.

Due to personal issues I cannot say that I would stay at this location again. I am on the fence how to rate if I "would recommend this hotel to a friend." I am sure the problematic employees are long gone... but would hate for anyone to experience what we went through.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2009

This is the second time we have stayed here when going to Sesame Place. Overall I still feel it is a good value but the room we stayed in this time wasn't nearly as well kept as the previous one (or they have just been slipping). I noticed mold in the shower and a good few stains on the carpets. The room just had an aged feel to it.

As before the staff were very professional, friendly, and helpful. The pool was still in good condition and good fun for my son. Despite my slightly lowered perspective on the hotel there is a good chance we would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2008

My husband receives treatments for cancer at a nearby hospital and we have stayed at the Radisson many times (at least 50 times) over the past two years. The staff has been very helpful, to the extent of moving a cushy chair from the lobby into our room to make my husband comfortable when we stayed there for a month while he had daily radiation treatments. I'm not saying the place is perfect, but when approached about any problem, they were most accommodating. The pool is very relaxing and a welcome stress-reducer. During our month stay, it kept me sane. Our room was pool-side, which made it most convenient for me to slip out while my husband napped between treatments.

One area that could be improved upon is the food service in the bar area. When a person is not feeling well, one of the most important things is prompt service, and there were many times that we did have to wait an unusually long time to place and receive our order. By then, my husband was too over-hungry, or wiped out from a gruelling day, and he actually returned to our room before he was able to eat. Other than that, I cannot praise them enough.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Bensalem
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!