“Home away from home”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Home away from home”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My husband and I needed a place to stay while our home was under repair from recent storm damage. We did not have alot of money to spend and were looking for something that would allow us to not spend everything we had and have a place to sleep. The staff was curteious and the rooms were clean and everything was quiet. While this may not have all the ammenties of higher priced hotels everthing was clean and I felt safe while my husband was working. At a stressful time in our life this hotel gave us some piece of mind. Would recommed this for anyone whether 1 night or 3 weeks. Thank you for giving us a home away from home

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne G
knights81, Manager at Knights Inn Philadelphia/Trevose, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
We are really thanks you for an excellent opinion. We owed to you and we will promise that we will try to provide best service and clean room at very affordable price to all our guest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
ocean city nj
Reviewed August 23, 2011

in july 2011 my consulting job in ohio ended 2 months early. i had rented out my home in ocean city nj until labor day so for 2 months i have been traveling and staying at different hotels/motels with budget in mind.

i checked in for the first time and found everything to be satisfactory. the rooms even had hdtv flat screens with an intermediate cable package with hbo. all facilities were in good working order and found the room to be clean without any odor. food and drink are close by. i have had not had any problem with the staff.
since then, i have stayed about 12 or so nights with knights inn without any issue. some ac units are newer than others, thats about it. 3 AND 4 STAR ACCOMADATIONS IN THIS AREA ARE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE THE PRICE.

i think most of the people who had poor reviews for this hotel are the same people who stay at a 5 star motel and find bedbugs. don't expect the sofatel or the ritz for this kind of money. until i return to my house, i will stay with this hotel when in this area.

Room Tip: don't have any
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank chris b
We are really thanks you for an excellent opinion. We owed to you and we will promise that we will try to provide best service and clean room at very affordable price to all our patronage
Mohnton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I am in the Miltary and i stay here at least 1 time a week on avg, The price is fair the rooms hoas got alot better over the few months. I just met Roger the manager and he has been nothing but professional to me, we just had a conversation over the phone for about 10 min today and it was nothing busniess related we just talked about other things, He has the best prices in the Area.... The rooms arent like the raddison across the street but your not paying 100 dollars a night either. Keep up the good work Roger!!

Will

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Tobinpa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Stayed there seven of eleven nights I was in town. Would not honor advertised room price confirmed by Wyndhan website. Although they advertise such things as "free", they have a sign reading that in-room refigerators, microwaves and internet service are extra charges. They do not have the advertised continental breakfast. Male housekeeper tried to break into room while I was undressed (I'm female) while I was yelling that I was getting dressed. He kept banging the door against the safety chain while yelling "Pay up or get out!". I was already paid for that day! When I let him in he pretended to not understand English but whatever language he spoke, he knew that I was in the room and had not right to try to come in my room. He made my bed then stood there expecting a tip, finally leaving with a discusted look and muttering things under his breath. After I complained to the mamagement the attitude of the entire staff towards me went from crappy to downright hateful. The rooms are discusting and the place is not worthy of association with Knights Inns and Wyndham.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank 3333333333333333

Travelers are raving about these Trevose hotels

State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 5/30/2011. I checked in at 2 am after a very long drive. The first room I was given was a biohazard! There was feces in the toilet, the shower was horrendous and when I turned down the sheets, they looked as if they hadn't been changed in months!!!! I immediately grabbed my stuff and went back to the office. They gave me a second room, this one LOOKED cleaner. However, we all know how looks can be decieving! When I woke up in the morning, my legs were covered in bed bug bites. I opened the shower curtain and there was hair all through the shower. As I was getting dressed, I noticed the carpet. I NEVER took off my sandals while I was walking around, but I noticed that it was really grimy, but when I looked by the desk, it was apparent that the carpet's original color was significantly lighter. It looked like someone was murdered on that carpet and the blood was left to dry. I stay in hotels every single week for my job. I'm typically pretty flexible, but I have NEVER, EVER experienced anything so vile. The hotel refused to refund my money through priceline because they said there was nothing wrong with the room. I beg to differ. So, not only will I NEVER stay at this hotel again, I frankly won't use priceline again either! What hotel is going to tell them that yes, their rooms are in fact filthy. Sheesh!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, not on Rt 1 in this town!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank LadyTraveler021
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Excellent Place, Value For Money, Friendly People,Good Ambience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THis is a must stay hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank YUPPY123
Lexington, MS
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I booked this property through my Wyndham Rewards member website. Got a great deal and upon arriving, quickly saw why. I called prior to arriving and explained I would be making a 20 hour drive straight through which would put us at the property about 2 and a half hours prior to check in time. I asked how early I could get into the room, as I would be exhausted from the trip. I was told that I should be able to get in shortly after I arrived and they would make cleaning my room a priority. When I arrived, however, I was told I had to wait nearly 3 hours before I would be able to check in. When I asked where I could go locally to wait, I was told "eh, up the street".

When we did finally get into the room it was clean, to the absolute minimum standards. We had constant issues with the toilet not working and backing up. Each time, I had to walk to the office and get a plunger and clear the toilet myself. It would back up with nothing more than dumping liquid into it.

On multiple occasions the housekeeping staff were asked to come back a little later in the day, but barged into the room anyway. The staff were rude and arrogant. I repeatedly requested to speak to the manager, who was conveniently never there. Then I repeatedly requested the phone number for corporate customer service. I was given the central reservations number and was told they couldn't help me.

When I finally did get in touch with customer service, I was informed that they had already upgraded my room to a jacuzzi suite and nothing further could be done for me. This was absolutely untrue and after repeated arguments I gave up a month and a half later.

I have been a long time Wyndham customer with 2 rewards accounts (business and personal) that has accumulated well over 150,000 reward points in the last 3 years combined and rarely, if ever, stay with another chain. I have never had this sort of issue with another Wyndham property and have always had my issues resolved quickly by the hotel itself. Unfortunately I have to say for this Wyndham property, if you can afford the few extra bucks for another hotel on this strip, it is more than worth it.

Room Tip: Tip to get the best room? Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank PhilthyGuy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem

Been to Knights Inn Philadelphia/Trevose? Share your experiences!