“If you are visiting the Towanda, Pa. area, a meal at the Riverstone Inn is a must”
Review of Riverstone Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Riverstone Inn
Ranked #13 of 34 Restaurants in Towanda
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Riverstone Inn is a "must" for us when we go wine tasting in the area. We typically visit three of our favorite Wineries, Antler Ridge, Pickering, and Grovedale, load up the car with wine, then head to Towanda and have lunch or an early dinner at the Riverstone Inn. We eat at the Riverstone because we consistently get good meals there.

The Riverstone is located on the left, just before the bridge into Towanda (from Wysox) and is easy to miss if you are not careful. Coming from Towanda, turn right after going over the bridge.

At our recent lunch there, I had a the "special" with the roast beef and bacon club, my wife had the reuben. The reuben was outstanding (lots of tasty sauerkraut); but, the club sandwich was just average. The beef was not all that tasty; BUT, the FRENCH FRIES were right up there with some of the best French Fries that I have had.

They offer a sweetened, Raspberry Iced Tea that is the best that we have ever had! Lots of delicious flavor!

My wife and I were tempted to just fill up on French Fires, they were so good! Maybe next time we will order just a large plate of fries!

The service is outstanding and the food is prepared in a short time. The decor is pleasant.

If you are visiting the area, cruising the vineyards in the area, you might wish to stay overnight at the Inn, have dinner at the Riverstone, and enjoy a few vacation days.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

They recently changed their menu so two of the items I used to eat are no longer on there (and I know others eat as well). Here goes:

The shrimp for the shrimp cocktail are TINY.
Myself and everyone I know thinks the burgers get overcooked. I've tried it 3 separate times, and they were overdone 3 diff times from asking for "medium rare." The 3rd time I told the waitress ahead of time that it was overcooked the past 2 times and to make sure it wasn't, so I thought it'd come out bloody but it was still well done instead.
Steaks are overcooked with no flavor!
Chicken parmesean is right out of the can and freezer aisle.
OH, and everything is OVERPRICED.

On the positive, the servers are always great except for one time I had a 15-person business lunch with clients from out of town and reserving the banquet room about 2 1/2 weeks in advance. The servers barely showed, gave drinks after entrees, apps after entrees, etc. The steak in everyone's salads was overdone as well and some food never came out.
The chicken cheesteak and tuscany panini are good.
The choice of bar side or restaurant side is also a positive.

How do they get away with all of this? There's only one other competitor that serves this type of food in the area - this town is mostly mom and pop pizza places, a couple of chinese places, and a new Mexican place - NO CHAIN RESTAURANTS FOR ANOTHER HOUR. Read the reviews on google for more - they mention how bad the prime rib is three times, lol.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Good food with a decent variety to choose from on the menu. Service can be very slow at times. They have a seperate bar room area and a larger meeting type of a room that can be reserved for special events. Wing nite in the bar is a good time.