“Great Place (if you're not too picky)”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Towanda
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We came to Towanda for the scenery and vintage theater "Kingston Theater". Now this is a dated motel with a Pizzeria and bar attached to the front, more on them later. Like I said its dated and a bit rough around the edges. A notty pine walled room with lighting that can land aircraft, just a bit too bright. To look at the pictures I posted is really unfair.* Yea, there are areas that need attention, but the place was clean. The bed firm (bring extra pillows), the bathroom is clean.
The rating above average for the price . . . under $80 seemed decent. I was expect much much worse.
The bar is very inexpensive, has beers 22oz for under $2, and a pool table. Not fancy, but we didn't care.
The pizzeria has great pizza. The owner is great and most cordial. A small town experience, thats for sure.
When in town look up the Rose Diner across the street from the Kingston Theater.
*Room 116 may not be indicative of other rooms.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 10, 2008

Looking for inexpensive lodging at $76 per night, but would look someplace else next time. The room was adequate, but the hot water in the shower was dangerous with inadequate controls. The most positive thing was the adjoining restaurant. The meals and drinks were reasonably priced and the waitstaff was very friendly. If I were to stay in the area again, I would go to the Comfort Inn located nearby in Wysox, PA.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank PioneerValleyRT
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This motel is quaint, rustic, and clean. That’s the entirety of the positive; even the price was a little high for what you receive. The property was about 60 years old and hasn’t been upgraded. The pine wood rooms are nice but the non-working bathroom door (I got stuck in the bathroom) with a hole in it (wonder who else got stuck in there?) plus the peeling and torn wallpaper is shabby. The shower has good water pressure but will scald you at any moment. So be prepared to jump out of the way any time your bathing. This happened to me 5 times during a 10-minute shower. The air conditioning for the room is located next to the bathroom and away from the beds. This doesn’t really cool the room. So my nights were warm and stuffy. My sheets weren’t changed the beds were just remade, and the sheets and bed spread had several holes in them – looked like burns and bleach holes. As for the continental breakfast that was shabby too. A few “Little Debbie” style honey buns and coffee cakes, nothing but cheep carbs and coffee.

All of that could have been over looked they were minor annoyances. The worst was that there was no soundproofing. I could hear everything from the walkway, and other rooms adjacent to mine. One of which had an angry, loud man in it, I don’t know what his problem was but he was pissed and cursing about it. There were either a lot of children staying while I was there or the patrons from the adjoining bar ran up and down the walkways and slammed the doors. This noise continued till 1 am. Did the owners care: no. Nothing was done to stop the yelling, cursing or the banging. This hotel seems to be popular with many riders. No problems there except due to the lack of soundproofing every time a bike leaves or arrives you will be awoken. This happened several times during my 2-night stay.

All in all What I saved in cost took its toll in rest and stress.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank jewelryferret
Reviewed September 26, 2007

You can't beat the place for the price. Very clean. A little dated but, it's Towanda, PA. Don't expect a Hilton. Friendly owners. Free internet useage in the lobby. I was on my Harley. Seems to be an excellent stop for bikers. There were 7 in the parking lot the night I stayed. Great watering hole associated with the hotel. I don't know a single place where you can get a 22oz beer for $1.50 on a Saturday night. Yep, $1.50 for a 22oz beer! I would stay there again in a heart beat. With my family or alone. Two thumbs up!

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank HarleyJetDriver
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Since I was traveling with a dog, I was pleased to find that the Towanda Motel accepts pets. The room appeared clean and the AC worked (although the dusty floor vent did not) and the bathroom door and fixtures looked new. Nevertheless, the place was uninviting. The dark wood paneling made the entire room dark. Small windows placed high on the wall compounded the problem, which was not improved when I flicked the switches on the mismatched lamps and was greeted by the harsh glare of energy-efficient bulbs. There was a microwave and refrigerator - very convenient - but the room was small and cramped. The wallpaper was peeling and the sides of the box springs were quite stained. Breakfast consisted of small, packaged danish, Cheerios, and coffee. The office staff were pleasant, but for $76/night + $10 pet fee, I expected something more appealing.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2007

We needed a hotel quickly because we were on our way to a funeral. This was about 45 minutes from our destination and the price was better than closer hotels. We got the last two rooms available (and mine was the "accommodations" room).

I stayed in this room for one night. Be aware that if someone really needs a room that will accommodate a wheelchair or someone with limited ability to use the bathroom, this room won't do it. The only "accommodations" are a larger bathroom, a handheld shower (meaning there is no real shower!), and grab bars. The air conditioner in this room can only be turned on by plugging it in, and even then, it leaks and cannot be controlled. Because of the air conditioner and the lack of a shower, I asked for a new room the next night.

The lady at the desk was very nice and set me up in a king room for the following night. It was much better--the air conditioning worked, it had a jetted tub and a shower head, and the bed was much more comfortable. The only downside to this room was a door on the refrigerator that wouldn't stay closed, so I had to set my suitcase in front of it.

The other room we booked was nicer, with a ceiling fan and good a/c. It was on the upper level, so it had a lighter feel to it.

I would stay here again, but I would double check the location of my room.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Nice refrigerator and microwave, plus sink outside of bathroom too. The shower faucet did not turn, but the shower was the most powerful I have ever felt! Sheets were great. No road noise when one stays in the back rooms. Simple continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple