“Hotel Stay”

Paradise Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Towanda
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very nice hotel and pleasant staff. We were in the area visiting World's End State Park and drove the short distance to stay at this hotel. There are not a lot of places to eat at right in the general area, but if you drive about 15-20 minutes to Sayre there are lots of choices for food and shopping.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We really appreciate your positive feedback and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Also, if you are ever in the area again, our Front Desk staff is a valuable resource if you would like to know some good local restaurants and directions so you don't have to drive that extra fifteen minutes to Sayre. Thank you once again for the review!
If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at 570-268-7000.

Have a great day!

Property Manager

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Nice new hotel in Towanda, Pa with the typical Best Western flair. It was comfortable and warm on the 13 F days I stayed. Definitely will stay again on my next trip to the area. Towanda is a small town with limited dining. However, the 316 Café on main street was very nice and clean and served a great meal.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We appreciate your positive feedback, and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Since you enjoyed the 316 Café, you may also want to try the Weigh Station Café, also located right in Towanda next to the movie theater. They also serve a good meal and even have live music on Wednesday nights.
Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 570-268-7000.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

If you are going to tell people you are handicap accessible then you better get some shower seats for people who can't put weight on a fractured ankle. Walmart sells them for 40.00 and you have a medical supply store a mile away. The girl at the desk was very nice and did find a stool for the shower but it was wobbly so I only stayed the one night instead of two.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback on our hotel. By telling us what you like and how we can improve you are helping us supply a superior experience for our guests. I apologize that you were not satisfied with our handicap accommodations. We had handicap accessible rooms available for your reservation, as requested, upon your arrival. Our property has only 65 rooms and is required to only have one shower seat, unfortunately another guest that also specifically required that type of shower was already occupying that room. In our other handicap rooms on our property, the showers are either wheelchair accessible and/or have the support bars to accommodate our valued guests that need them. I am sorry that there was a miscommunication during your reservation and we did not know that you specifically needed that accommodation. We did accommodate you the best that we were able upon such short notice. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 570-268-7000.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very nice. Room was clean and appeared to be newly decorated. Nice window hangings and wall treatment. Would stay there again. The breakfast was a little skimpy but nutritious. I usually do not mark excellent. Very good is a good rating for a nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback on our hotel. By telling us what you like and how we can improve you are helping us supply a superior experience for our valued guests. Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate your business and hope you will come back and see us again soon!
If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me 570-268-7000.

Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked a room via Priceline, paying for it in advance as you have to do if you bid for a room. After a perfectly decent stay overnight and an ordinary but routine breakfast, I went to drop off my key and was told at the front desk that they would be charging my credit card for the stay. I explained I had paid through Priceline and showed them my receipt, but the person who was the senior of the pair insisted that I still owed money, and, believe it or not, she had never heard of Priceline. Obviously a lack of training of staff was responsible, and it left me with high blood pressure from being angry trying to argue with their ignorance (the other person was only on her second day and was very apologetic, but her words conflicted with the other person's insistence that I owed money). Having stayed at a local Bed and Breakfast with five stars for close to half the price, I'd say go elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DrDoriaol
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your check-out at our hotel. Out of all the travel agencies, Priceline does not book with us very often. They have a different way of billing then most agencies. The guest will prepay for the reservation and then when Priceline books the reservation with our reservation system they place a prepaid credit card on file that we are to charge. When you checked in you supplied us with your personal credit card, so we ended up with two cards on file, the system automatically charges the last card to be placed on file, which unfortunately was your personal credit card. This is no excuse for what occurred, I just wish to explain what caused the circumstances to unfold. Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will come back again so we can have another opportunity to show you a superior experience.

Property Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Best Westerns are not honestly my first choice when traveling. But when traveling to this area -- I would choose it again. The staff was friendly - so much so you could tell the gal at the front desk really enjoyed her job and it showed! The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was fine - again not 5 start resturant quality -- but it is breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Alpharettagagal,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I am glad you had a good experience at our hotel and enjoyed your stay. I'll be sure to pass along kind regards to the staff about your positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

If I can be of any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at 570-268-7000.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had to check out a day early and was charged with an early check out fee equal to 1 nights stay. I was infomed that the hotel has a 72 hour early check-out notification. This is an unrealsitic policy. Towanda is not Disney World there is no need for this much advance notice. I felt like the hotel was taking advantage of business travellers who are working in the gas industry in that area. I was informed by the manager that the early checkout policy was stated on the paper work at check-in. Shame on me for not reading the fine print. I plan to be back in the area quite a bit over the next few months and will chose another hotel to stay in as this policy was not customer freindly and quite honestly not a good business practice. I'm a frequent traveller, mostly staying at Marriott properties and they do not have a policy like this. I'm sorry but your hotel has lost my future business.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gregory C
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I personally spoke with you about the 72 hour cancellation/departure policy that we have here at the hotel. I am aware that most hotels usually have 24 hour/48 hour policies, and I did inform you that we would try to accommodate you better the next time you stayed with us by waiving the policy as long as you gave the front desk notice before the day of desired departure. When you booked with us, you made two reservations, but instead of charging you for two early departures, we only charged you for one and waived the other charge, even though you gave us no notice. When you book through a travel agency and not through the hotel, the hotel pays commissions on the reservations that you make; varying on the length of stay you booked for. By waiving the second early departure charge, the hotel actually lost revenue to try and accommodate you better. I do apologize that you are displeased with the policy that we have here, but like I stated before, we did waive one of the charges and I did inform you that we would work with you and your schedule for future reservations. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 570-268-7000.

39126 Property
BEST WESTERN PLUS Towanda Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towanda
Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox
Hampton Inn Sayre
Hampton Inn Sayre
#1 of 5 in Sayre
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sayre

Been to Paradise Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!