“COMPLETELY TERRIBLE”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Towanda
Vestal, New York, United States
“COMPLETELY TERRIBLE”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

If I could rate this hotel a zero, I would. I called to block off rooms for people to book when they came into town for my wedding, and gave my credit card number assured I would have no card activity whatsoever, and my checking account was completely wiped out. In calling to resolve this issue, I was rudely addressed and then hung up on, TWICE. My mom also called and the same thing happend to her. NOT ONCE DID THEY APPOLOGIZE FOR THEIR MISTAKE, I ended up having to call my bank AND the state police to get this issue resolved. If you are coming into this town, stay at the comfort inn or the victorian charm in, or BRING A TENT if you need to, it would be better than going through the rude behavior and unprofessional conduct that I endured!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Meghan M
debbie b, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
As per conversation after you and Mom calling Several times at 11:30 Pm Guest agent was unable to resolve your issue at that time in the Evening. As Promised first thing in th AM the Manager contacted you and told you the only way to release the Pre Authorization on your c/c was to cancel your Reservation. You Agreed and The Manager suggested contacting your bank and have them call hotel to expedite the Auth on you C/C. In doing this the bank and Hotel were able to accomplish getting your funds available to you that day. We have apoligized to both you and your mom for the misunderstanding of a Preauthorization hold and A actual charge(which was never applied to your card) Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Towanda, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is a new hotel, so the rooms are modern and clean. That said, they are not worth $150. The front desk service was lacking, and breakfast was poor.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Eatrealfood90
Vicky N, Front Office Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2015
First let me apologize to you for such a late response to your review. At the time we were a relatively new hotel, with a new staff and trying to feel our way.

Thank you for taking the time to fill our a review on TripAdvisor about our property. Your comments were very helpful in showing us where additional improvements were needed. I'm please to let you know that rates have dropped since your last stay and there have been many other improvements as well. I hope we can offer you another chance to show you how we've grown.

Again, we are deeply sorry for such a late response to your review. Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towanda
Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Towanda
Candlewood Suites Sayre
Comfort Inn & Suites
Best Western Grand Victorian Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sayre

Been to Paradise Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!