“Best pizza in the Poconos! Can compete with some of the top New York pizzerias..... They are from New York and know what they ar”

Mamma Maria's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Tobyhanna
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem for most people here up in the Poconos. I want to get the word out that this is as good as it gets. It's a real taste of home for me considering I'm born and raised in Brooklyn. Quality ingredients, none of that crumbled sausage stuff.... Nice big slices of sausage and plenty of it, thin crust and a sauce that is to die for along with perfect proportions of cheese. The sauce is flecked with whole basil leaves and a fresh tomato flavor that is impeccable. The hot and cold sandwiches are HUGE! And delicious. The food is also great! Nice big sausage and chicken rolls which are hard to find made properly around here! Has the true feel of a New York pizzeria that you grow up going to. Great owners and friendly staff. Make this place a regular pizza destination! Prices are reasonable and much better than the over inflated Alfredo's pizzeria that is too popular in the area.

2  Thank Cassieleigh28

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great prices, big portions, very good basic Italian food. Very friendly staff and by the way the Pizza is very good.

1  Thank FMMP
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were visiting friends that live in the area and he suggested Mamma Maria's on Route 611. I've driven past this place 100's of times but never stopped to try it. I was really surprised how good the two different pizza's were that we got and from now on I'll stop there on a regular basis. Now I must try some of their other food besides just the pizza !!!

1  Thank MrAruba
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I have lived near this place for years and did not know what I was missing until my next door neighbor told how wonderful the pizza tasted so I decided to go there and boy was she right.In the Poconos there are a lot of assembly line pizza places like Pizza Hut and Domino's Pizza where the pizza is not so good so it was a pleasure to have some real authentic slices of pizza. I had the lunch special which was 2 slices and a soda for $3.99 and the pizza was fantastic with a nice thin and crispy crust.They have a nice clean dining room with a flat screen tv and the prices for food are reasonable .I can't wait to go back with my wife.If you are looking for real pizza and not that assembly line pizza made by school kids then this is your place.

3  Thank poconohall