“BBQ- Is Soooo Good”

Smokin' Vittles BBQ Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: 1st Place Best BBQ in the Poconos 2012. 1st Place Best Ribs in the Pocono's 2012 bestofthepoconoscom 100% All natural wood smoked Ribs, (Pork & Beef,) Chicken, USDA Choice Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork, Natural Beef dogs, chili dogs, smoked sausage, smoked Fish & Shrimp, smoked potato salad, smokin Collard Greens, Garlic Corn, smoked Baked Beans, Homemade Mac and cheese,cole slaw, homemade corn muffins and Grandma's Rice Pudding. Eat in, Take out and Outdoor dining. Catering for any needs. BYOB.
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We've been going to Smokin Vittles since they opened. They are so good we've had everything from the wings, brisket, pulled pork, hot dogs and almost all their sides. My kids are kind of picky when if comes to BBQ but they love this place. We used to live down south and really missed that great smoked BBQ that we hadn't found around here until Smokin Vittles opened. The prices are really reasonable for the large amounts of food and I really like that they support the troops with discounts for Friday being a military family myself it's nice to see that in this area.
We've eaten outside when the weather was nice and now that it's colder we just get it to go and eat at the house.
Great Place nice Staff!!!

2  Thank mh867
Dave M, Owner at Smokin' Vittles BBQ Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

We are PROUD to support our Troops! They lay their lives on the line for us. The least we could do is give them a "Red Friday" 10% discount and a awesome plate of food! So glad you enjoied our food and hard work!

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Stopped there with a bunch of guys in a bachelor party. It was on a Saturday during a festival, so there was no line. They make everything but the coleslaw(which was also good) in-house, and it was all wonderful. The rub on the fall-off-the-bone ribs is super-tasty. You could eat the garlic BBQ sauce with a spoon. The mac & cheese was smooth, creamy, super-cheesy, and not dried-out.

I wouldn't hesitate to go there again. All 8 of us were more than satisfied with our meals and talked about it for the next day. I've hit numerous BBQ joints in Maryland, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas and PA, and this would rank in the top 5. The place isn't flashy, but then, it doesn't need to be. The food stands on its own.

2  Thank bjsheaffer

Thank you so much. Glad you had a great time and enjoied our food. Good pic of you and your bride!

Reviewed September 24, 2011

The food at this place is absolutely horrible! We stopped there to get lunch and ordered pulled pork sandwiches, a side of mac and cheese and garlic corn. Their pulled pork was totally tasteless and dry, the pasta in the mac and cheese was very overcooked and the garlic corn tasted like they opened a can of corn and added garlic powder to it. The only satisfiying items were the canned sodas.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My fiance and myself were on our way to my parents cabin and happened to drive past "Smokin' Vittles". We were immediately intrigued by the enormous smoker sitting by the road and decided to turn around and get a quick dinner. The aroma of the smoker took over the air as soon as you pulled in to the lot. We ordered more than we could eat, which for me was surprising (now adays it seems anyplace you go overcharges and underdelivers) The briskit sandwich was unbelievable. Huge roll with what had to be a half pound of meat, followed by sauce, coleslaw, and horse radish. It was an unbelievable place to eat. We sat outside and ate on the picnic benches where there was a party of about 9 people who immediately started talking to us and offered us a few beers. It was really nice finding a place that people are just immediately kind to you. I reccomend the travel channel get there immediately.

The owner of the restaraunt was also a great guy to talk to, even as they were getting busy he made time to talk to us for a few minutes and make sure we were happy.

2  Thank tom c
Reviewed August 15, 2011

It may look like a roadside hole in the wall restaurant, but this place brought the goods when it came to meat. My family went here last night and had pretty good food. I had the pulled pork and beef brisket. Both were high quality but the pulled pork was better in my opinion. The meat wasn't fatty at all and was pretty moist. My wife had ribs and garlic corn and she thought both were very good. As a family, we shared a side of macaroni and cheese which was also very good; nice and creamy with lots of cheese. My only gripe was that there were no sides included in any meals and there were no kids meals. Overall the service was very good, the people working there were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied, and the food tasted great. If I could give 4 1/2 stars I would.

2  Thank Jasonhomey