All reviewsking bedtrain depotsurprisingly roomyunique place to stayoil creeklight comingoil cityceiling fanshower stallrailroad tracksroom was cleanmini vacationblue canoeflat screen tvsitting areacoffee makersmall decks
Reviewed October 14, 2017

We were looking for a total train experience in Titusville and the Caboose Motel enhanced that experience for us. If you are looking for luxury, go elsewhere. These are old train cabooses converted into individual motel rooms still on railroad tracks and still able to rock a bit when you walk around in them. You don't hear your neighbors through the walls of these rooms because they are individual cabooses, but you do hear the sounds of factory activity going on which is a good thing if you just imagine those are the sounds of a railroad station. A short walk from the room to the operating train station was very convenient. We loved it for exactly what it is meant to be.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2017

I'm not a particularly picky person however I do want clean and comfortable. We went here with a group of people almost booking every room. There was one couple that said theirs looked recently remodeled and was quite nice. Most people said they wouldn't use the shower and the beds were very hard. As for myself the smell of mildew upon walking into my room was a smack in the face. The beds did look clean however the mattresses were of the budget store quality. The bathroom was another story. There was soil on the toilet seat which shouldn't be there upon just checking into a room. I cleaned that up and then found that the toilet itself was not securely fastened to the floor. The shower door was brown around the outside and the floor was near black on the inside. It hadn't been cleaned for months. There were also a couple of potato bugs crawling around on the bathroom floor.
We ended up leaving and getting a room at the Quality Inn a couple of blocks away. Trust me when I say that was money well spent. I went back the next morning and turned my keys into the office and went on my way.
Unless you're lucky enough to get the one remodeled room then save this money and stay elsewhere. Sleeping in a caboose as great as it sounds is not worth it.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tz4747
Reviewed September 10, 2017

I made reservations for The Caboose Motel for 2 nights, Sept. 2nd and 3rd. 2017. It was very easy to find. Don't expect to get into your Caboose if you arrive early. When they say check in is at 3PM - They mean it!! The biggest problem is the parking when the Sight-seeing Oil Creek train is running. On the weekends the train doesn't get back to the station until 4PM and then everyone is visiting the Train Station for another hour. You can only park near the Caboose Office and wait until all the other traffic clears out and then move your vehicle in front of your rented Caboose. There is a nice attached deck you can share with your neighbors. We sipped some wine in the afternoon and had some hot coffee later in the evening after dinner. If you require a refrigerator, that will cost you another $10.00. I don't understand that charge but I wanted a fridge so I paid the ten bucks. Everything is pretty much in walking distance, bars, restaurants, shopping. We plan on going back next year but closer to the fall. The train ride will cost you $22.00 and the Caboose Motel gives you a discount of $2.00.

Room Tip: TV's need to be updated
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CruiserDebra
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I have been wanting to go to the Caboose Motel for the last few years. This Labor Day weekend we finally got our chance. This Motel is made up of 21 separate cabooses each one being a separate room of the motel. They have been remodeled inside with heat and AC, a shower, toilet, etc. We picked a room with a king bed which was actually two twins joined together which we found to be comfortable. The king rooms are in cabooses that have copulas which have a flat screen TV and ceiling fan mounted in them. The room was clean, towels nice and the staff was friendly.

Just a couple of comments, the Wi-Fi was not great (an issue I find in many small private motels), the heat was a tad bit hard to regulate, if you need a blow dryer get it from the office when you check in, and my biggest complaint is that the landscaping is grown up enough to make some of the cabooses difficult to get a really good look at. All of the cabooses have small decks and chairs available which was nice but the weather kept us off of them. There is a lot of history in this area and staying at the Caboose Motel gives you a chance to be part of it.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelcouple15801
Reviewed August 2, 2017

I stayed at the Caboose Motel for one night after taking a ride on the train. The staff at check-in were very friendly and helpful. They have a drink vending machine out front and they have bags of ice in the office you can take to the room if you want.

When I went to the caboose I was in, the A/C was running and the room was comfortable which was nice since it was sunny and hot out. I requested a king bed and while the bed is large, the room was laid out pretty good. The bed was comfortable. There isn't a closet, but they have somewhere where you can hang things and a few hangers also. They also have a stand in the room where you can put your suitcase on which is helpful. There is a ceiling fan over the bed and a tv mounted up on a stand above the bottom of the bed. It is an older model but there are a lot of channels available.

The bathroom is smaller and only has a shower stall but that was good for me. The water pressure was great, better than a lot of fancy hotels.

There is a small deck that is shared between two cabooses and there are chairs out there to sit if you want in the evening.

If you stay here you shouldn't be expecting anything extremely fancy, just a good clean place to stay which include good FREE WI-FI. I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo