“Very Good Food and value”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #17 of 41 Restaurants in Tarentum
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Very Good Food and value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Very Good Food and value.
Good service and quiet compared with other Chili´s

Visited April 2012

PA
“Very poor service. Felt neglected.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

We've been to Chili's countless times before at Pittsburgh Mills but this time we thought we'd write a review for TripAdvisor as we're on a bit of a kick with this whole reviewing thing. The food and the service has been either good or great everytime that we've been there, so it's become our 'go-to' restaurant if we don't have a hunkering for anything else nearby.

Unfortunately, this time it sucked.

They have changed the menu somewhat and I think they've reworked some of the receipes. Not to say it's bad, but it's definitely noticeably different.

It took a while for the waitress to acknowledge us after we sat down. There was a large group next to us who seemed to take all the attention of the waitresses in the restaurant and we waited and twiddled our thumbs until we were finally noticed 10 minutes later.

There was a delay of about 20 minutes before the appetizer came out. We ordered the loaded nachos with chicken which has always been a favourite of ours. They have clearly changed the receipe for this as the chicken has more of a smoky flavour and the cheese is lighter. After the initial surprise of the change, I actually preferred it over the 'old' taste and felt it wasn't quite as greasy. My wife didn't care for them very much at all, though.

There was another 20-25 minute wait (of which we were completely ignored for 15 minutes of it) after we finished the appetizer until our main courses came out. I had the Shiner Bock BBQ Burger as it was new on the menu and my wife had her usual Big Mouth Bites. The burger was reasonable, but by no means the best burger I've had there. It was too light on the BBQ sauce and had a very noticeable salty taste. It was decent, no more.

They've changed their fries too. I definitely prefer the new ones as I felt the old ones were too seasoned and greasy. The potatoes are different and the fries are very light and fresh. Definitely an improvement, though, again, my wife wasn't impressed.

The service was very disappointing, I have to say. For us to spend over an hour there eating is excessive, especially when the management of the place has always been very, very good in the past. I understand that waitresses are very keen to get the big tip from the big group but their table was always sending things back or complaining about something. I don't know if it was because the food was poor or whether they were just whining for the sake of it. Either way, they did not seem happy and left, ironically, a very small tip. No matter what, surely you don't neglect the other patrons of the restaurant and make them sit with empty drink glasses for 15 minutes at a time while you run around catering to every whim of the big table immediately next to them. Very unprofessional.

We've been to this restaurant 25-30 times and I'm not sure it's our 'go-to' restaurant anymore after this.

Carnegie, PA
“Best Tex-Mex Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

Stoped at this Chili's last week and the food was great. The bathrooms were clean and the service was great!! Will be back next time thru! Stop here if you love Ribs!