“Great room nice staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tarentum
Victoria, Canada
“Great room nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This place was such a delight to check into today. The staff was helpful and attentive since it was my first time in the area. A nice large room with living room and bedroom area very comfortable for business.

Perfect spot for a business basis!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank nocomment26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Spacious and clean rooms. Price decent as well. Not super discount but understandable for the location and quality. Extremely friendly staff. They go out of their way to be helpful. Our kids loved the indoor pool. Plenty of nearby amenities.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank S8epilot
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here because we were attending a family wedding. The hotel was full but they did not provide sufficient staff to clean the rooms in a timely manner or maintain the food at the complimentary breakfast. It appeared there was not enough breakfast food ordered. When they ran out of fruit and bacon, it was never replenished and that was about half way through the breakfast period. There was a junior hockey team staying there, so they should have known that more food would be needed. Our room was cleaned after 5 pm. Also, there was some type of insect in the hallways. One made it home in our luggage. These were not bed bugs but a larger crawling insect.

The front desk staff seemed uncaring. I had requested adjoining rooms, but when we arrived was told there were none. Another member of our wedding party was given a room with an adjoining door but didn't need it and the person next door was not part of the wedding party. In addition, there suite was quite a bit bigger although I am Marriott silver and they aren't. I inquired about this at the front desk and they told me I should put this on my profile preferences. What would I put on there. Give me the biggest room you have? Also, the mother of the groom had asked for everyone attending the wedding to be placed in rooms near each other. No attempt was made to accommodate this request. We were on four different floors.

Beds were comfortable which is always key. We like the sink outside the bathroom so that bathroom time is more efficient. I had plenty of hot water for a shower.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger suite on the top floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank degraws
janine z, Assistant Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your response concerning your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Pittsburgh Mills. I am sorry that you were not as pleased with your stay as could have been. We have taken your comments and have reviewed the comments with our staff.
When an adjoining room is requested, we do our best to accommodate all requests. We have a limited amount of connecting rooms, and handicap rooms. They are given according to what type of room has been reserved. We have discussed with our front desk appropriate ways to convey this message at the time of reservation.
Thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer and we look forward to serving you in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The staff at this hotel seemed to anticipate the needs of guests. My son's hockey team was staying at this hotel and the staff was most accommodating for an early breakfast. The woman who was running the kitchen noticed that I had several plates prepared and ran to get me a tray (without me asking or even making eye contact).

Rooms were very clean. Front desk worked as a great team.

The only drawback was the temperature in the room. Daughter slept on the sleeper sofa which was far away from the heater. In order for her to be warm we were sweltering in the bedroom area. If you are just in the beds the heating is no problem but otherwise you should request extra blankets for the couch sleeper.

Room Tip: We elected for a high floor on the back side of the property. Very quiet (except for the New Yorkers...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fresh Meadows, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The location was good for my purpose, but too far out for serious sight-seeing. Breakfast included. Pleasant and helpful staff. Making up of rooms very iffy. Sparse heat and hot water. Too cold to bath!! Very quiet at night.

Room Tip: rooms in front face shopping mall--but quiet. Back rooms face country-view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bowie, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Once a year my business takes me to the Pittsburgh’s area. I always stay in this hotel because it is the closest to my destination. The front desk is always friendly and very helpful. The lobby is inviting. The rooms are clean. As someone mention, the towels are not of great quality. I have found even the maids who clean the room are very friendly in the hallways. I normally partake of the free breakfast downstairs then take something back to my wife. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is being over rated as its the only place in the shopping area arount it to stay
It has a swimming pool which is as good as a big bath tub. Very basic choice of breakfast and lunch n dinner.
Prime location with nice big spacious rooms with lovely view and a clean bathroom
It has a nice comfortable beds with good skeeo quality
Noiseless environment and good staff
But its far from the downtown and no taxi service is available. Good for ppl visiting nearby industry and for evening shopping but not recommended for tourists and those who have work in downtown

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
janine z, Assistant Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Springhill Suites Pittsburgh Mills. Your comments are always appreciated. I apologize if the location of the Springhill Suites was inconvenient for you. The Front desk has the name of a local transportation service that will taxi guests and also information concerning local traffic patterns, This could it more convienient to access the city. We are pleased that you found our rooms clean and our staff hospitable.Should you ever visit us we can recommend some local attractions that might interest you..

Sincerely
Janine Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarentum
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Harmarville
Omni William Penn Hotel
#5 of 68 in Pittsburgh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,786 reviews
Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty

Been to SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills? Share your experiences!