“Great stop while you wait for a movie to start !”
Review of Houlihan's - CLOSED

Houlihan's
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 1, 2015

On weekends almost everywhere at the Pgh Mills (restaurant – wise) is going to be packed. So be warned.
Houlihan’s in the Mills is a great option, as it is directly across from the Cinemark. So many a meal has been consumed while waiting for a movie to start to grab a bite to eat after one.
On the back side of the mall, you enter by the Cinemark entrance and it’s right there.
I am a fan of the food Houlihan’s has and love the coupon’s that I receive in the mail. Like today, I got an email saying $11 for a flatbread and cup of soup good for that night only. Those emails do actually make me consider Houlihan’s more often than I probably would. It’s one of the few places that still give you a free entrée for your birthday, if you sign up.
Houlihan’s is in general, more expensive than your average chain type of restaurant. The rough average is around $15-20 for an entrée and depending on what you pick you can have no leftovers and able to eat it all or for example the pot roast where you get a plate full of food and definitely have another meal out of it.
Service is hit or miss, sometimes you can get in and get out other times, with very little people in the restaurant seated they only have a few servers who have to chase their tails around and your wait becomes a bit longer than anticipated.
If you opt to sit on the bar side, you have plenty of tv’s to watch a game and eat some great food.
I have never seen the restaurant a mess, and is always very clean and fresh in appearance.

1  Thank KIMtastic-Travels

Reviewed July 18, 2015

It was Friday night, our kids where away on a sleep over and we decided to go out, we headed to the Mills and we sat at the Bar in Houilihan's, Great service, good drinks, great time.

1  Thank RustyVE
Reviewed April 1, 2015

Worst dining experience we have ever had! Even on a Saturday night, the place is half empty, but there was a 45 minute wait! Once your in, the service is as slow as molasses, even though the place is half empty. Food arrived after about 30-35 minutes, it was stone cold. Waiter finally returned to see how our dinner was after about 20 minutes and could have cared less. Said I should have told him sooner. Yea, well I did after you came back after your smoke break! Manager was the same way. Payed for my drinks and walked out. Oh, did I mention, the place was half empty, but there is a line of people waiting in the mall, to get a table.

1  Thank shaler78
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

My sister, her friend, and I went here before a movie viewing. The service was about average and the appetizers were good. We had their great tasting long island ice teas. They are very delicious and are on special from time to time. It was a very relaxing evening and had a great time.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My family and I had dinner at Houlihans located in Pgh Mills mall Tarentum. We all had visited Houlihans at other locations and liked the food and dining atmosphere. However, this place was the worst! The plates for the appetizers were dirty,the side salad consisted of three grape tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Four people ordered ribs which were under cooked and flavorless ,the green beans were so tough you couldn't cut them with a knife, The bar is located in the center of the restaurant and being Saturday evening was very busy. Two guys at the bar kept getting louder, using profane and graphic language. The manager would walk right passed them to help serve the orders. The manager was aware there were small children present and still chose to ignore the situation. The drunks finally got so terrible that a man sitting next to the bar confronted them and asked them to be quiet. A very brave and gallant thing. How was he rewarded for asking for consideration for women and children present? The manager hovered around this guy's table watching his every move and said nothing to the drinkers. I guess the money is in the booze and not the food. This Houlihans makes you feel at home were you can drink to excess swear and be inconsiderate.

1  Thank Flowers234