“First and last visit!”

Billy's Pocono Diner
Ranked #10 of 44 Restaurants in Tannersville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stopped in on a Saturday for a fast sandwich at the counter. It was my first visit and I was looking forward to a good diner experience. My food was good but things were very chaotic. The reason I will never go back however was the treatment of the staff that I witnessed. The owner/manager berated a waitress in full view of the counter area a number of times concerning the same issue. The waitress handled the situation with maturity...something Billy totally lacked. I do not know the details of the offending incident, but any discussion concerning it should have been conducted in private and not in front of co-workers and customers. I am sorry to say he does not deserve my patronage!

3  Thank Talloolla
There are newer reviews for Billy's Pocono Diner

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is what I call an extended diner experience. The food is diner food and I always notice the specials that are homemade style. The service is fast and friendly. I don't particularly care for the owner. He's a hard boss, but I don't go there to see him. If you get the waitress Lindi, she's the best!

1  Thank Chasboman
Reviewed August 30, 2012

loved the price, the waitress and the food. great location and we have been there five times this year

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The service was terrible and the food was your below average diner food. I felt like they were doing me a favor serving me.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My fiance and I stopped in for lunch. He is white and I am a black female. As we walked in the manager and waitresses waited til I walked past and gave him a harty Hello. I ordered a cheesesteak sandwhich and asked for jalapeno peppers on it since I saw they did put them in an omelet on the menu. Our waitress, a tall gangly young blond woman with an attitude informed me they were out of jalepano peppers so I asked for banana peppers instead. When my sandwhich came I asked if the peppers were in there, they were chopped soo tiny, she said they were and that if I wanted she would bring me some on the side which never appeared. I could have understood if the place was busy but there were only two other table of customers in there on a Sunday afternoon. My fiance had ordered a cup of water and I ordered a pepsi with lemon. When she came back to see how we were doing she asked my fiance if he would like more water but did not bother to ask if I wanted more pepsi. When we went to pay the check he was made to wait because the waitress standing by the register told him the manager would ring him up and waited a while til the manager appeared to ring him up. Oh to be black and live in the Poconos, 'most' people go out of their way to be nice, but here they seem to have a problem

1  Thank Patricia R