See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2017

Recently spent a few days at the Chateau Resort. I did not have high expectations, but the facility was even worse than expected.

The staff are friendly, but it took me 15 minutes to check-in and I was the only person doing so. The system is terrible. Someone I was there with received a registration confirmation with the correct dates, but the internal computer put her down for a month later. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Lucky for her, the hotel was virtually empty.

The place is very, very tired and run down. The entire interior could use some serious updating.

The carpets in the common areas are dingy and dirty. It was easy to tell where furniture had been moved because the colors were clean and clear.

There are no thermostats in the room - you have to go to the heater itself to make an adjustment. The rooms are freezing. The beds are hard and you should probably bring your own pillows.

Unlike most hotels now, there is no place to plug in a phone/tablet charger in the rooms except in the regular plugs which are few and far between. However, the wifi is AMAZING! No need to login with passwords and it works wonderfully. Kudos to this place for that. That was a BIG plus.

The bathrooms are horrible. There was long dark hair on the blowdryer and mold in the shower.

The stairwell is just beyond gross. The handrails are slimy and held together with duct tape. The edges of every stair are lined with red duct tape which is peeling and tearing.

The elevators are dicey. It takes a long time for them to come, a long time for the doors to open and a long time for them to move. The buttons for the second floor do not even light up.

However, the setting is gorgeous. It must be spectacular in the winter and the summer. The deck is amazing.

The restaurant is also good although the hours are erratic. Their burger and fries are the best I have ever had. The brunch is grossly overpriced at $14.95. The hotel should have menus of local restaurants available.

With a little work, this place could be great. The setting is wonderful and the bones of the place are nice.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2017

The wife and I attended a party in the Poconos within driving distance from our home but we didn't want to be hassled with driving back at 2am, so I went shopping and found a good deal on a garden-view room at the Chateau. The property is located in view of Camel Back Resort and the slopes, so if you're a skier/boarder looking for a hot shower and a place to crash and can save a few dollars for lift tickets and food, go for it. If you're looking to impress a date... not so much. Our room was clean and bathroom in good order, but the pillows and mattress had seen better days... something you'd expect from a pullout couch in the basement of your decrepit aunt's house. The common areas are tired and carpets shabby, hints of duct tape here & there, the hallways are high-gloss institutionalized and curfew signs for minors are prominently displayed at elevator doors. We slept undisturbed and didn't have to drive in the middle of the night, so the purpose of our stay was served, but we won't be back for seconds.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph B
Reviewed February 28, 2017

Don't go by the pictures online for this location..big disappointment! Run down,dirty...when's the last time the vacuum was ran in all areas of resort?? Hallways,elevators, even the room wasn't vacuumed the way it should have been...Sad,,,,,and I'm in the cleaning business!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tina R
Jeffrey S, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2017

Dear Tina R.,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us at the Chateau. I'm very sorry your visit left you disappointed. I'm not sure what time of day you checked in at the Chateau, however, the rule for housekeeping is to have all items; linens, room trash, etc... off all floors by 5:PM. In addition, hallways are vacuumed daily including all rooms and stay-overs daily.
If you would provide a little more information, I can follow-up with my Housekeeping Manager to discuss personnel on the day in question. I do understand the property is older, however, we do take pride in providing clean rooms and a great value for our guests.
If you are traveling back to the Poconos in the near future, we hope you will select The Chateau and provide us the opportunity to improve.

Jeffrey S.

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Dated. There was no matress pad over the mattress, no memory foam....just a sheet. I tossed all night and now my back is killing me. Yes it is right next to Camelback and half the money, but i am exhausted.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Jeffrey S, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2017

Dear Lisa P,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your comments. I apologize you did not have a restful night sleep. I will review your concern with our Housekeeping Manager, as the bed 's do have and should have a mattress pad. Mattresses are certainly a personal fit and within our industry, we try to match durable and well branded mattresses for our travelers. We just added new mattresses a few months ago...
I too have to take more time when I travel to get used to the mattress and certainly understand that restless feeling.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Jeffrey S.

Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

Location ... it is only one big plus . Everything is too old. Beds are uncomfortable and ugly . Really dangerous! Dishes and glasses at the restaurant was dirty . Swimming pool was green color , not blue as on pictures ... First and last time .

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 194linab
Jeffrey S, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2017

Dear Lina B.,

Thank you for providing us with your comments. I am truly sorry your visit at the Chateau missed the mark on all levels. I will review the areas of concern with our staff so the department managers and I can use your feedback as continued training for the staff.

Your experience at the Chateau is not indicative of the staff or the service we provide. Again, I apologize missing a great opportunity to WOW you and I truly hope you will give us another chance when visiting the Poconos.