“Not bad”

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Beautiful place. The rooms are nice and clean. The place could use alittle updating. The deck outside looks like its ready to fall apart. Nice pool. Very helpful staff. Our couch was a sleeper couch and it had seen better days. For the price (we did use Groupon) it was worth it. Right next to camelback ski area.

1  Thank mcclureat
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Mcclureat-

Thank you for your thoughts. I too love our convenient location to Camelback as well as the Crossings and Mount Airy Casino. And I do appreciate the posivite comments about our cleanliness.

If you can contact me to give me the details on your room number, etc I will personally make certain the couch is addressed. You can email at GM@ChateauResort.com or call 570 629-5900.

Thank you and please say hello on your next visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very disappointing stay, good location but….the whole place needs renovation! Dirty shower curtain, dirty shower mat, hallways with major cigarette smell. Terrible beds, I can go on and on, anyways will not go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank amalSeoul
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

AmalSeoul-

I appreciate your review. I would like to get some more detail from you so that we can address the issues you mention specifically and use them as examples to help improve our service.

We are a non-smoking property, and I trust that the issue was addressed with the desk. Unfortunately not everyone respects that policy the way I would like it to be and we sometimes need to remind our guests of that.

Please give me a call so that I can get the details addressed.

John
570 629-5900

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The chateau is an excellent choice for skiers and snow tubers due to close proximaty. The hotel is very clean as was the pool and hot tub. It is a little dated but the cleanliness made up for that. We book a weekend with the kids and grandkids and had loads of fun snow tubing. Food was ok (its a ski resort). We ordered off the menu not the buffet. There are also resturants on rte 611 that are decent. They also have coupons for the coaster ride and for snowtubing at the desk. We were given 20% off coupons if we return within a year. They are a short ride to the mt airy casino which has a steak house called reds that is good for a New York like steak dinner. Overall would definetly go again.

Room Tip: get the mountain view and you see the ski trails from your room
4  Thank gmann117
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Gmann117-

Thank you for your thoughts about the property. The closeness of Camelback certainly is a huge plus for us which a lot of people understand. Your point about the closeness to Mount Airy Casino and the retail sector on 611 including The Crossings Premium Outlets is something that is always easily overlooked.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you left your email address with us so that we can send you other special offers throughout the year.

Please say hello next time, I will give you a couple other tips on favorite local restaurants. (eating is kind of a hobby of mine!)

Thanks again-

John

Reviewed January 21, 2014

To the hotel staff, hotel manager, and GM;

After staying with you 10 plus years we have found a handle of employees that have helped make our many stays more memorable. Starting with your front desk staff, we look forward to be greeted by Sonie, Christine, and Kimmy. We feel Sonnie should be recommended for promotion within your company for providing top rate customer service. She has a wonderful personality, and can handle anything you or any guest staying at this hotel can throw at her. Moving on to your restaurant staff, for dinner we were delighted to have Hector as a server and he was exceptional. Hector even took the time to take us over to the dance floor in front of the live entertainment and teach us the electric slide! Evelyn, our bartender was very on the ball. She did not for once fall short of our needs. We would also like to mention our other servers; Isabella, Chelsea, and Katie for their sparkling personalities and five star service! In regards to house keeping we feel Peter is exceptionally hard working from cots, to tv's, to closing the swimming pool. Peter never seems to stop running all over the hotel. We would also like to mention Jamie, we had a ball while she was cleaning our room. She is very good at what she does. In closing, we look forward to joining all of your wonderful staff next year. Thank you very much for your hospitality. Sincerely, The Wrights

Room Tip: Mountain side has a wonderful view as well as a balcony. They also do have king rooms.
1  Thank Anthonywright

Anthony Wright-

I did receive your hand written note when you checked out. I appreciated getting it and shared it with our staff immediately. Your TripAdvisor review is very much appreciated as well.

I will pass along your further thoughts to Saony, Christine, Kimmy, Hector, Evelyn, Isabella, Chelsea, Katie, Peter & Jamie! It is nice of you to remember all their names so that I can recognize them individually.

Thanks again, please say hello on your next stay!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised on how nice this hotel was upon check in after reading many of these reviews. It was clean, bed was comfortable, new tvs in the mountain view rooms and the staff was beyond friendly and accommodating. The bathroom is a tad dated but I appreciate that it is not a brand new hotel. Grounds outside were beautiful and I would imagine very pretty during summer & the other seasons. We had breakfast in the restaurant and each night had a nightcap there with Evil-Lyn - an extremely welcoming and friendly bartender. The food was good. This is not a 5 star resort nor does it pretend to be. It is a clean comfortable place to stay up in the Poconos. They ran a courtesy shuttle up to Camelback mountain that took about 2 minutes but so much better than finding a place to park etc. on a busy ski weekend.
So overall, a great place to stay.

3  Thank Kim W

Kim W-

I think you nailed it on the head. We are a AAA 3 diamond property with a great location at the Base of Camelback and within 2 minutes to The Crossings Premium Outlets and 5 minutes to Mount Airy Casino. We like our location and love our guests.

Evil-Lyn is especially friendly and outgoing. I love to speak with guests who are served by her, she really exemplifies everything we are trying to be when it comes to service. Thank you for recognizing her, I will be certain to share it with her.

Please do say hello on your next trip!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great location with courtesy shuttle to Camelback mountain on weekends and holidays. Other than that it was basically just a place to sleep. Staff was nice and friendly and the mountainside rooms have a great view, however place was dated. Also food at the breakfast buffet was awful.

1  Thank firemedicjoe

FireMedicJoe-

I do appreciate your review and your feedback.

Good news is we have begun install of our new flatscreens with the mountainview first 3 floors now complete. We are constantly looking for those small improvements that make a big impression. We are awaiting stands to finish the job, but expect to have the remainder of the resort completed by April.

Any other thoughts & suggestions would certainly be welcomed.

I look forward to sharing these with you on your next stay.

-John

PS - Glad you enjoyed the shuttle!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Thank you Chateau Resort for a fabulous three day weekend. my guest was so appreciative of the hospitality, professionalism and great food we receive every year, they are requesting extra days at the Chateau.

Carmen Calazzo I want to personally Thank you for your patience, professionalism and always returning my calls and emails in a timely fashion. It's always a pleasure working with you.

KUDOS!!!! To Carmen and the staff at The Chateau Resort on a job well done.
See you again soon,

Theresa Singleton

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Theresa B-

So glad you had a great event... again! I will be certain to pass along your thoughts to the team. It is very cool to hear how well your trip went.

We look forward to taking care of your next big event. :-)

Thank you!

-John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!