“Five star rating to make up for some of these negative reviews”

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Five star rating to make up for some of these negative reviews”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised on how nice this hotel was upon check in after reading many of these reviews. It was clean, bed was comfortable, new tvs in the mountain view rooms and the staff was beyond friendly and accommodating. The bathroom is a tad dated but I appreciate that it is not a brand new hotel. Grounds outside were beautiful and I would imagine very pretty during summer & the other seasons. We had breakfast in the restaurant and each night had a nightcap there with Evil-Lyn - an extremely welcoming and friendly bartender. The food was good. This is not a 5 star resort nor does it pretend to be. It is a clean comfortable place to stay up in the Poconos. They ran a courtesy shuttle up to Camelback mountain that took about 2 minutes but so much better than finding a place to park etc. on a busy ski weekend.
So overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Kim W
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Kim W-

I think you nailed it on the head. We are a AAA 3 diamond property with a great location at the Base of Camelback and within 2 minutes to The Crossings Premium Outlets and 5 minutes to Mount Airy Casino. We like our location and love our guests.

Evil-Lyn is especially friendly and outgoing. I love to speak with guests who are served by her, she really exemplifies everything we are trying to be when it comes to service. Thank you for recognizing her, I will be certain to share it with her.

Please do say hello on your next trip!

-John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
South Jersey
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great location with courtesy shuttle to Camelback mountain on weekends and holidays. Other than that it was basically just a place to sleep. Staff was nice and friendly and the mountainside rooms have a great view, however place was dated. Also food at the breakfast buffet was awful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank firemedicjoe
FireMedicJoe-

I do appreciate your review and your feedback.

Good news is we have begun install of our new flatscreens with the mountainview first 3 floors now complete. We are constantly looking for those small improvements that make a big impression. We are awaiting stands to finish the job, but expect to have the remainder of the resort completed by April.

Any other thoughts & suggestions would certainly be welcomed.

I look forward to sharing these with you on your next stay.

-John

PS - Glad you enjoyed the shuttle!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Thank you Chateau Resort for a fabulous three day weekend. my guest was so appreciative of the hospitality, professionalism and great food we receive every year, they are requesting extra days at the Chateau.

Carmen Calazzo I want to personally Thank you for your patience, professionalism and always returning my calls and emails in a timely fashion. It's always a pleasure working with you.

KUDOS!!!! To Carmen and the staff at The Chateau Resort on a job well done.
See you again soon,

Theresa Singleton

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Theresa B-

So glad you had a great event... again! I will be certain to pass along your thoughts to the team. It is very cool to hear how well your trip went.

We look forward to taking care of your next big event. :-)

Thank you!

florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I wanted to stay close to Camelback and boy it was! They weren't kidding when they said at the base. The hotel location is excellent for skiing, beautiful views and pretty properly. Front desk staff was always friendly and accommodating. Would skip the restaurant but in a pinch, I guess ok. Service was lousy for the 3 days - 2 nights we were there (during Christmas, so maybe that's why).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
FISHYQ-

Thank you for your nice review. I do love our location and our views.

We have also spent a lot of time on our service delivery and appreciate you noticing that at the Front Desk. It seems we have some way to go in the restaurant, but will certainly use your review as a discussion point with them at our next restaurant meeting.

Thank you again for your kind words, please do say hello on your next stay!

aprilmon1
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

While a great location and view, the hotel room and accommodations were very disappointing. Upon arrival, there was an issue with our confirmed reservation. The loft room we finally got keys for was very roomy but the sofa bed was terrible. The worse bed / sleep I have ever had. In addition, the hotel did not decorate at all for the Christmas holiday and the fireplaces were never going. After 2 disappointing nights, we switched to a much better location up the mountain.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank aprilmon1
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
AprilMon1-

I am honestly confused by your review and would like an opportunity to discuss it with you. (570) 629-5900 or GM@ChateauResort.com

My confusion surrounds the comment about decorations as we are decorated from front entrance to back deck to restaurant to meeting rooms. We have 4 fully decorated Christmas trees including three that are 10-12' tall.

And the fireplaces are both up and running. The one Sunday the 21st, while the temperature was pushing 70 degrees with the freak warm spell, they were not, but not certain that you would want them on with that temperature.

Please do get in contact with me so that I can understand fully your concerns and address them appropriately.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

-John

Travelers are raving about these Tannersville hotels

Reviewed December 5, 2013

When we arrived at the resort the front desk staff was happy and all smiles but when we got up to our room the bed skirt was torn and Ms Barb was on it housekeeping need some more cleaning skills but overall I would come again I just want to send Ms Barbara The Head chefJohn And last but not least Martin the food was to die for . Everynight I can't wait to come back in February..... Again Ms Barb your the best

• Stayed November 2013
Rozie4-

Thank you!

I have already passed on your very sweet comments to Barbara, John & Martin.

Please do say hello when you return n February!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We booked a garden view room for our 5 year anniversary weekend through Groupon. Very disappointed to see it was more of a "parking lot view" room. I went to the front desk and was told by Barbara that theres a garden in the summer. On the sidewalk? Still not a garden view. She upgraded us to a balcony mountain view with no problem, much better.

The room was not cleaned properly. Bed was made, trash taken out but there were hand print ALL OVER the sliding balcony doors. The bathroom faucet was disgusting. My husband wiped the showerhead before using and it was black. GROSS! Housekeeping could use some training. We didn't even use the coffee pot in the room because the inside was dirty and disgusting as well.

Disappointed that the pool and jacuzzi closed at 11 we wanted to go down after the bar closed. Evil-lyn was great!

We wanted to order room service, but were told by another couple that they ordered room servixe the night before and were told they had to go down to get it. (THATS NOT ROOM SERVICE) And that when they paid, the person kept their change as a tip without it being given to him. Very rude

I expected more from a "resort" but I guess foe the price, I cant complain much. I do expect a clean room, though, it was so gross. Very disappointed. We really wanted to enjoy our anniversary getaway and there were so many things that distracted me from making the experience perfect

• Stayed November 2013
AlexisLinda-

Thank you for your review and your kind words. I have shared it with our staff and will continue to refer to it as we strive to improve our overall service.

Please do reach out to me so that I can address your concerns personally and help to restore your faith in the resort.

(570) 629-5900 or GM@ChateauResort.com

John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!