“Wedding at the Chateau”

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My son & his beautiful fiancee were married at the chateau and I cannot say enough about the entire staff. They went above and beyond to make their day "perfect". Lynn Marie was so accommodating, she was as excited as we were!! Anything we needed, she was there, from the bridal shower in June
to the walk through and rehersal dinner to the wedding. What a wonderful week-end. We had a lot of out of town family and friends staying at the resort and we were leary after reading reviws, but the rooms were clean, fresh and everything worked. Again thank you to the entire staff, you were amazing and our wedding was unforgettable. Wonderful memories----

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grammy25pa
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Grammy25pa-

Thank you for your kind words about the staff and your experience. I will make certain to pass them along to the staff and especially Lynnmarie!

Congratulations on the wedding!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very dated hotel. Brought 2 other couples for two nights. Out of 2other hotels this was the worst. Got in bed and found 2 dry blood stains on my sheets. Called front desk and after few minutes, a man came in to exchange the sheets. He did not apologize, did not say anything other than "Thank You". The next morning we went down for breakfast. The waitress told us that the Brkft. Buffet is the best deal. Well, I have no idea where she eats, but it consisted of scrambled eggs, home fries, dry bacon, hard bagels (needed to be sliced), some fruit, stale Danish and OJ. Nothing else!!! An old home style toaster took forever to heat the bagel. By the time I returned to my table, the food was cold. This happened to 4 people at my table. I called the waitress over to show her the bagel that never got toasted. She picked up the bagel from my plate with her hands
And said that she would go to the kitchen to get it toasted. With her hands? After 3 or 4 min. she came back to tell me that she could not toast it in the kitchen, as there was no one there. She apologized and said that she will discount our meals. When we requested the check, she came back with a $93.00 bill. I asked her why each breakfast buffet was about $20.00. She apologized once again and told us that she hit the wrong key on the computer and came back with a $63.00 check. She agreed that the buffet should have had a bigger selection for $11.00 pp. (French toast, pancakes, some veggies, etc...). Front desk was courteous and apologetic. They promised to talk to the manager.
Very disapointed,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank PeteBlueBell
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

PeteBlueBell-

I too am disappointed in the experience you are describing. We take great care in training our staff and it is clear that we didn't live up to that training.

I will immediately have it addressed in both areas of the property and use this review as an example.

I am glad they adjusted your check, although it doesn't sound like it was enough. And the desk should have gotten myself or a manager for you to speak to when you brought it to their attention. We will address it in that department as well.

I don't have your contact information, so please do call me so I can resolve this matter. 570 629-5900 or GM@ChateauResort.com

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We booked a 1 night package deal which included the water park tickets(camelbeach). After so many bad reviews we had read on TripAdvisor we thought it couldn't be that bad. We were so wrong, first the outside of the hotel is very dirty (the walls) the lobby area is very old and outdated. The staff is nice, very helpful. Going up to our room (3 floor) you notice that the hallways are so dark and you feel creep out, like not safe(no light what so ever). the smell was disgusting like old people and cigarettes. Our room was clean but same thing as the hallway it smelled like cigarettes and old people. The outdoor pool is big but the chairs can use an upgrade asap. the views are very nice. The indoor Jacuzzi if you can call it that was extremely small extremely hot and once you press the 15 min "jet or spa massage" there was no bubbles or any type of massage. The indoor pool is small and the paint is falling off it is very noticeable. The sauna did not work (broken) and you will not be able to sit down, very uncomfortable (only a small kid can). Eventually we decided not to stay the night we could not sleep in such a creepy, dirty, old hotel. The manager/ owners should really use the money that people are wasting booking with them and at least have the decency of up-grating the place. The only good thing about this hotel is that is the closest hotel from the water park and cbk mountain adventures. I would never in a million years recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica P

JessJuli20-

Thank you for your review. I would like an opportunity to speak with you directly as I am trying to understand your comments and how they were addressed when you brought it to the staff's attention.

I specifically have questions about no lighting what so ever in the hallway and the jacuzzi/ sauna as there have not been any maintenance issues reported in any of these areas and I see people enjoying the area all the time.

On a separate note, the indoor pool is closed and painted each September, while the outdoor pool is still open and heated. That was completed last week.

I am sorry you didn't stay the night given there were no concerns about your room and you did comment positively on the staff and the location. However, I am glad to hear that Guest Services was able to help you with refunding your money since you were not comfortable with the experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spend the Labor Day weekend with my family and for the price they asked was not what I expected.Bathroom stinks even when it was clean. The bar was nice with live entertainment on the weekends. I wanted to be real close to the water park and that made a difference .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Victor10704

Victor10704-

Thank you for your review. Labor Day weekend is one of our premium weekends and the cost is admittedly high. I am glad your room and experience was good overall.

I do hope you visit us again during another period of time where you can relax and enjoy the area at a much lower rate. (Fall is stunningly beautiful, midweek rates are much less expensive than holiday weekends)

Please do say hello on your next trip.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

First off they never told me the rooms have no microwave i paid $10. per fridge for all 3 rooms it was like 12in tall the rooms stink like pet's the bed is the worst i am happy i always take sheets and pillow the TV is not clear very old TV bathroom was never clean after the last people who stay there left the sheet on the bed was so wrinkle i don't think they bother to change it any way i clean my room and try to make much of my stay i ask for all 3 rooms be next to each other but didn't happen the rate is really high the pool water is so cold and filthy very disgusting i did not enjoy this vacation they need to shut down the hotel and do a major remodel new every thing the bathroom sink the water take 20min to go down for the price there per night i could have stay at days inn for 2 nights extra employees not friendly the should have a separate part of the hotel for pet friendly not every room very gross for a 3 star hotel and filthy. Please do go there is the worst,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank flower1975
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Flower1975

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. However, I am a little confused by your comments and how the staff responded to your concerns.

From the date of your posting, it appears you stayed over a holiday weekend where the rates are admittedly higher than other times of the year. Having said that, you should expect a clean comfortable room.

As to pet friendly accommodations, we do have specific pet friendly room section that receives special cleaning and more frequent deep cleaning. I hope your pet enjoyed their stay with us.

Although I didn't hear in your review whether or not you informed the staff of your concerns, but I assure you if we know about an issue, we try to make it right.

Please do contact me so that I can make certain to address your specific concerns directly.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. All staff was very accommodating. Evelyn's Berry Lemonade were fantastic. Great little night club. Will return. The room was comfortable. Bathroom was clean overall . Only negative was the meal at the restaurant. Pricey and service wasn't that great.

Room Tip: King room with balcony (mountain view}. Beautiful scenery.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

CarolV25-

We're blushing! Thank you for your kind review.

I will personally pass along your comment to Evelyn. Please do say hello on your next visit and please let any one of our staff know if we can help.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had planned to stay there for 3 days but checked out after 2. We had our 3 grandchildren ages 2mths, 19 mths and 20 mths with us the rooms had no refrigerators or microwaves. We had to put ice in the garbage pail to keep the milk cool for the kids. We had to change rooms after discovering mold along the windows. I have chronic bronchitis and became ill. They moved us to a room overlooking the roof. Which was sad the kids had nothing to look at. It is a beautiful location but needs a LOT of work in upgrades. The rooms are a bit pricey, not worth the price.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the pools and gardens have perfect views of the mountains and lake.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Cecilia B-

Thank you for your review. Please do give me a call or email at gm@ChateauResort.com I would like to get some additional information about your experience to make certain your issues are properly addressed.

John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#3 of 4 in Tannersville
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!