“Pretty views, average room”

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was our second stay at the Chateau for a local function. The kids had a great time at the pool and the hotel had a lot of activities for them...movie night, arcade, pool. The staff was nice and accommodating and the rooms were very clean. Unfortunately, the room temperature was warm and the air conditioner very noisy. I found it difficult to sleep and the sheets seemed a bit small for two people to be in the bed...I was on the losing end of the sheet battle. Also, the doors don't block out much of the hallway noise. The views were pretty and the food at the restaurant was good. Perhaps if you got a room at the far end of the hall, there wouldn't be as many people passing your room and the noise would be diminished. Overall, it was a good stay for our purpose. The Chateau is close to Camelback ski area and the outlet mall.

Room Tip: Don't get a room too close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Catherine H-

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your sheet battle, those are never fun and generally end ugly. Our sheets are sized for the bedding, so it shouldn't have happened.

I am glad you enjoyed the food and views. I find the view is stunning all four seasons.

Please say hello on your next stay, we will make certain everything is great for you!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I had the chance to get away for the weekend. We really enjoyed the location of The Chateau - centrally located to all the activities of the Pocono's. The guestroom was larger than most, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Our room overlooked the lake and Camel Back Ski Resort - can't wait to return and enjoy the view.

Room Tip: Ask for the view of the lake and mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Weddinglady15-

I am glad you enjoyed your stay! That view is lovely overlooking the ski area in winter, the stunning flowering hillside this time of year, green of summer and fall with the leaves changing. It really is beautiful.

You also mentioned the location. Next to Camelback, CBK Adventures, Big Pocono State Park, Mountain view park, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Mount Airy Casino, Golf, etc... The list goes on... And we are only 2 minutes from the highway!

Please do say hello on your next trip!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place needs a MAJOR overhaul in order to have me come back there again.. ..ordered a non-smoking room, and the room was saturated with cigarette stench.. called the front desk, and they said all of their rooms are non-smoking rooms and it's probably a previous guest who was smoking on a balcony and didn't close the door... they brought an ozone machine and promised that it will kill all the odor.. I went skiing and the machine must have been running for most of the day while I was out, and on turning the machine off, the smell came back to how it was before.. the real problem was not the previous guest, the real problem is that this was, at some point a smoking room, and they haven't changed the carpets, furniture or repainted the walls and ceilings in years! everything is super old, it has the tube TV from about 15 years ago.. they don't even make these anymore.. how difficult would it be to get it replaced with a new flat screen TV and get rid of the old huge TV stand that take up half of the room.. Did I mention that the rooms are tiny, bed matrasses are also old and very uncomfortable.. heater units are super old, dusty and noisy. This hotel really deserved a 1 star, instead of 2. the only reason I gave 2 starts is that because it's very close to Camel Back mountain, but even then,, it's not a walking distance, you still have to drive to the mountain.

Breakfast was overprized as well, and horrible.. I couldn't even eat it..

Room Tip: stay away...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tauchenNYC

TauchenNYC-

Thank you for the second star. Location is certainly a positive for us.

Let me also say I am sorry that you had experienced your issues.

We did convert our remaining six smoking rooms to non-smoking at the end of March so we are now smoke-free. You may have been in one of those rooms, I simply can't tell without some additional information. It appears that the deep cleaning we had done wasn't good enough at the time. I assure you though, this hasn't been a complaint I have heard.

Please do let me know when you make a return trip to the mountain. We would love an opportunity at restoring your faith in our resort.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at the Chateau with our 2 boys, ages 8 & 9, to be near Camelback skiing and the Mt. Airy Casino. I have to say, we were very happy with the hotel, the accommodations and the service. The staff were always curteous and very, very tolerant of our kids running around the hotel. They have an indoor pool, small but quite sufficient and a small (luckily) arcade room. The rooms were spacious, beds comfortable and everything was clean; we rented a small fridge. Wi-Fi worked fine. It's fine if you don't have kids of course, but I am always looking for a kid-friendly location. It's also near a large outlet and it's a very pretty area. Other than the scrambled eggs on the breakfast buffet, food was fine. It's not fancy, but you can't go wrong if you want to explore the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room adjacent to lobby and heard nothing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

RayJak-

Thank you for your kind words. We do strive to provide warm, welcoming service and a family friendly atmosphere.

Since your stay we also upgraded our internet provider to a new fiber circuit, so it is even faster than before.

We will work on the eggs, hopefully the server noticed and offered something fresh from the kitchen.

Hopefully you found your little mountain home away from home...

Thanks again and please say hello on your next visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Had a 3 day retreat with my church group here. (this was our second year here). Very kind and patient staff (from the sales staff to houskeeping), who did everything well to deal with a group of 500. Good value for the prize as well. Comfortable clean rooms and the food for the lunch on sunday was great.
thanks for your hospitality. Will go there again if the hotel can accomodate our numbers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

407anitad-

We are glad your group stayed with us. Thank you for coming back a second year!

I loved seeing how much your group grew as well!

Please do let us know how we can help in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I don't need to tell you what the wrong is, all you need to know is that the GM and Barbara made it a right. If you read my previous reviews you can tell I am a tough critic of hotels. Chateau Resorts is a hotel that I would stay at again. The check-in/check-out was seamless and the people behind the desk were very nice and friendly. As one critic wrote "it had a coffee pot" So? I was able to make more then 1 cup of coffee at a time. My wife and I had a king room with a balcony. The view was beautiful. Especially at night. The only complaint we had was that we overlooked the pond which had ducks and swans (?) in it. Well, they get up early and must love to talk to each other at 6:00 in the morning. Understand that this is no fault of the hotel. It is in need of a major renovation, but that is like most hotels. I did notice that there was a big black box in a wall unit that my wife informed me was a TV. Wow, I remember those when I watch the TVLAND channel. But it did have a wireless remote with a sleep button...all is good. The breakfast was decent, I would have rather had a regular served breakfast then a buffet. Hector the waiter was very nice though. Lots of families. We must have been the only couple at the hotel. It's a great location if you are a skier or shopper. The only major complaint is that the parents should have more control of their kids. Some kids were slamming doors and running up and down the halls. Again, not the hotels fault but the parents who don't care or control their children. Remember anyone can be a mother or father, but not everyone can be a parent! I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Beautiful view but the ducks can get annoying when you want to sleep late. No need for a wake up cal...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank redline613

redline613-

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad everything worked out for you.

I had to laugh when reading your review. Swans do mate for life and we love them at our wedding ceremonies. I don't think I would love them at 6:00 am though!

Please do say hello on your next stay and we will make certain you have a great time!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is the Poconos and I have never found a 5 star resort here. I think people expecting more will be disappointed but all we were looking for was a clean place to stay for a night when we went skiing at Camelback and this fit the bill. We thought that the value was good considering it was a 2 min drive to the ski resort, our price included a breakfast in the morning, and a lift ticket at Camelback. I agree with some other reviewers that the furniture (especially in the lobby) is a little worn and could be replaced but we thought the room was fine for our stay. The breakfast in the morning was good. Again not gourmet but we weren't expecting that, just some coffee and something to fuel us for skiing. I think some people expect too much from a pocono hotel that is probably frequented a lot by families.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Okie21-

Thank you for your review. I too love our location to Camelback, and Big Pocono and The Crossings Premium Outlets and Mount Airy and...

We are working on new lobby furniture as one of our summer projects.

We do take pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms with comfortable, friendly, outgoing service with a family friendly atmosphere.

Please do say hello on your next trip.

-John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!