“Lovely place, great experience”

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed last weekend (Mar 2nd) at this property and cannot be more enthusiastic with a recommendation for those visitors that want the very best for a more than reasonable price. The hotel is easy to find, well maintained, nicely appointed (we opted to get a beautiful top floor suite with a loft), well managed (John W is a top-shelf GM) and has a friendly staff that is engaging, well trained, efficient and make you feel right at home as soon as you arrive. The hotel is surrounded by beautiful views of the Camelback Resort and close to all attractions. The restaurant was great... food quality & presentation, excellent service, great views of the area and cozy. Everything about this resort was awesome. We are already planning to return to the Chateau Resort.

Room Tip: Try to book the top floor, multilevel suites. They are only a little more expensive, but offer a un...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Stevan O-

Thank you. We're blushing! It was nice to read your review and nice to hear your kind words on the phone.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the bi-level lofted suites. They are a unique room and offer a little more space to spread out.

Please do say hello on your next trip!

-John

Reviewed March 5, 2013

the drive up to the hotel was beautiful and from the outside the hotel looked like it would be very quaint. It was anything but. The hotel is very outdated. They still use a coffee pot instead of a single cup coffee maker. The safe uses a key and not a digital pad. The bathroom does not have a side mirror. There was not a fridge nor microwave in the room. The gym does not have any water nor wipes, nor free weights.
The best part was the view from the hot tub of the ski slopes however the hotel is not technically on the base of the mountain. you have to drive to the base of the ski slopes. my coffee pot had dust on the top the entire stay. it was never cleaned out, not even the unused coffee. Housekeeping did not come for two straight days. The door to the stair well had duct tape on the bottom. The front desk staff was friendly to me but I heard a lady being very rude to another guest. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank skygirlbahamas

SkyGirlBahamas-

I do appreciate the honest review of the property. I also apologize that you were disappointed with some of the facility and the service.

We do try to meet everyone's needs and provide standard items that you would expect in a similar resort. This is the case with coffee makers, safes, etc in the rooms. In the fitness center the weight machine is supplemented with an emphasis on cardio - including 6 treadmills, 2 elipticals and a stationary bike. Cardio equipment gets the most use and we focused our space in that direction. Generally we get compliments about the amount and condition of this equipment. The wipes are a good idea and something we will add to the sanitizer sprays currently in use.

If you give me a call, I would love to get more detail about your stay and room number so I can find who cleaned your room and work on improving their stay over routine and a little more about the front desk.

Thanks again. Please do give me a call 570 629-5900

John

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Upon arrival and departure the staff were very professional, friendly & accommodating. The location is great - lovely lobby, balcony & grounds - loved the pool & sauna, especially timed when no one was there! very nice view to relax in. The room was very clean, nice shower, nice tv and beds were pretty average .. if you want the down feel bring your own. Apparently there are refrigerators you can rent? no need with ice machine and bring your own cooler stocked with your fav beverages. Overall a very nice place to stay !

The weekend buffets are worth the money and mostly convenient. Having breakfast and (ordering from the menu on weekday which has no buffet) before checkout was a huge downer ... too bad because that is the last thing that sticks in mind the most. Perhaps more effort on the cooks part, as the waitress was very pleasant and even seemed uncomfortable with what was served... Food quality can make or break a stay!

Overall a very nice place to stay ! Hope to come back and be pleasantly surprised with the cook's dishes ! : )

Room Tip: pay extra for balcony & view ! : )
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at The Chateau this weekend for a family ski trip with my wife and kids. My cousin and his family rented a room next to ours. The place is falling apart. The rooms were horrible. The upholstery was ripped and the springs were literally broken so that the mattresses were falling through the springs. Perhaps the grossest was that there was a used panty liner stuck in the sheets of our bed. At least it had been well laundered.

The pool, locker room and a exercise room were no better. Tiles were falling off the walls. Soap dispensers were empty, broken and hanging open. The pool was off color but well chlorinated. Thank goodness.

In short - stay away!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I just want to say this has nothing to do with the quality of the wedding venue at the Chateau. My Fiancée and I were seriously considering having our wedding event here, but after some of the reviews we read I wanted to stay there and check it out. We stayed in a suite last weekend and received free vouchers for the Friday night italian buffet. The food on the buffet was good and other than waiting 20 mins. for our second drink order to be taken. The entertainment was ok. The staff at the desk was very helpful and pleasant. The room...well we were extremely dissapointed. It is one thing to be outdated, but you would hope at least the room would be clean. It was not...white powder on the couch, soda stains on the walls, hairs and dirt in the fridge, m&m's on the floor and a completely empty binder where most hotels would put information on the resort and things to do in the area. As beautiful as the outside of the hotel is, I would be embarrassed to have them stay in one of these rooms. As much as we appreciated the stay, we were just too dissapointed in the overall package.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The room was a good size and clean enough. The rest of the hotel was dingy and a bit dirty. Seemed really expensive for the quality. They claim to be at the "base of the mountain," but have no shuttle bus and if you walk you walk on a winding and busy road, so you have to drive, so any place in town is just as good and probably less expensive.They asked if we wanted a king bed or two doubles, and offered a cot for our 8 year old if we chose the king. So we chose the king and they brought up a cot, but the cot was a frame and a box spring with the springs sticking out, inside a sheet. No mattress. The guy who brought it up said that they were basically hoping we would not notice the lack of a mattress, but they were all out of real cots. Really? So we put our daughter in our bed and no one slept. The food in the restaurant is mediocre but the service was great, Front desk service not as good. The gym was absolutely filthy with no wipes to clean equipment, and the ladies locker room was even dirtier.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The only reason I stayed at this hotel was because a free night's stay and lift tickets at the mountain was a part of a package deal when buying a new car. When we first checked in, we arrived super early. The young front desk receptionist was extremely nice and helpful and let us check in early. I wasn't blown away by the place, nor was I disgusted by it. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, which was a bit surprising to me. No continental breakfast was surprising to me as well. The pillows were too fluffy and the beds uncomfortable, but that is a hard thing for a hotel to accommodate everyone. I was woken up several times during the night from the noise made when opening the sliding glass doors to each room's outdoor deck. They desperately need to put some WD-40 or new doors in there, because I woke up every time someone else opened their door. The main problem I had here was with a different receptionist. She was working the night shift and was completely unresponsive when we told her we had left a phone charger in the room. As I'm sure this happens quite often at a hotel, I was surprised at her reaction, or lack thereof. She didn't offer any solution or intention to help, and it was a chore to get her to take down our phone # to contact us when the charger had been found. We've been promised that they'd send the charger in the mail, so time will tell. Due to that lack of service alone, I know that I would never pay the unreasonable rate of staying there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#3 of 4 in Tannersville
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!