“Great location!”

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great place to stay if you are planning on going over to camelback. My family and I stay here every year for two nights a year for the last five years. However this year we will not be able to return due to the hotel now having a 3 night minimum policy. Really wish the hotel did not have a 3 night minimum because we would be over to continue staying here. Great hotel overall.

• Stayed: February 2012
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Anthonywright-

Thank you for your comments and review. I am not certain when you are looking to stay, but yes, during peak holiday times, we do have a minimum in place. They tend to be New Years Eve, Presidents weekend and the NASCAR and INDY races. We do try to keep these time frames to a minimum. (Sorry for the pun)

Please do give us a call with your dates, if we can find a way to make an accommodation, we certainly will.

Thanks again-

John

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family had planned for a fun weekend snow tubing at Camelback and had wanted to stay both Friday and Saturday night at the Chateau as it was right next to Camelback. We were really looking forward to the trip. We checked out today, after only one night instead of staying the weekend and came home. I am a corporate traveler so am pretty familiar with what a hotel standards should be for hotels in the $200 per night price range. This hotel falls way below what I would consider accommodations for this price.

a. Bathroom was not clean – we noticed used soap and toiletries, towels not refreshed and human hair on the floor. We immediately contacted the staff outside and made them aware. b. Bathroom door – the back of the door is alligatored with paint raised off the door – someone needs to sand it down and repaint.
c. Bed and pillows were very uncomfortable – we mentioned this on checkout with the front desk. They said all the beds were new. They pillows are very overstuffed and lumpy.
d. Heating unit – the heating unit would not operate properly. If turned on it heated the room to about 80 degrees, if off, it dropped into the 60’s.

The outside of the hotel appears very high end, but I don't understand the lack of attention to details on the rooms to make sure travelers are comfortable and satisfied with the accommodations. Overall just very disappointed in what could have been a great trip that we would repeat each year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jas S
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Mr. Stickel-

I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and the descriptions you give in this review regarding the cleanliness is simply not acceptable to us. My understanding is the desk offered to move your room and provide an upgrade for the inconvenience, but the offer was declined.

As you can imagine, bedding preferences are very difficult to get perfect and what is very comfortable to one is very uncomfortable to another. We have just this year replaced all of the pillows and linens this year, and we normally receive very positive comments about the comfort of our beds.

For the door and the heat, we have looked at your room and the heat is functioning properly. The temperature is adjustable and should be set to the guests' comfort level, unfortunately, they do tend to be put to the highest settings in winter and lowest in summer. The door is scheduled to be replaced.

Having said all that, I do apologize for the inconvenience and wish you had a better stay. It is our goal to provide the best level of genuine service so you can have a comfortable, enjoyable time relaxing. I am sorry that did not happen. With our location to the ski mountain, being in the middle of one of our busiest weeks of the year (and with the snowstorm) you should have had a much more enjoyable time skiing and relaxing.

Please do contact me personally if you would ever like to try again, we will make certain you do have a great stay.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The hotel offered plenty of kids activities including free movies, popcorn & lemonade. They also offered cookie decorating and breakfast with Santa and much more. Kimberly in the restaurant was fantastic! The other Staff members were friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Mountainview is a must!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenn S
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Jenn S-

Thank you!

I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed the added activities we held during the Thanksgiving holiday. We tend to do those types of activities during the big family holidays, Christmas, New Years, Easter, Fourth of July & Thanksgiving.

Please do keep us in mind for your next trip.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The location is great. The hotel itself is dirty and old. Only 1 out of 5 treadmills worked, the indoor pool was freezing, 1/2 of the arcade games were broken, the carpets are filthy, the room furniture looks to be all second hand. This place needs a MAJOR facelift. The man at the front desk was pleasant and friendly. He gave us a free upgraded room with a view of the mountain. We were going to stay an extra night, but will look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Jav1223
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Jav1223-

Thank you for the review.

I am glad to hear about the service received at the front desk. We strive to provide that level of genuine hospitality and service. I am glad to hear it was noticed. As to the issues you indicate, I would like to get some additional specifics from you if you have the opportunity so it can be addressed.

Thanks again-

John

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Lisa, along with all of the other staff at The Chateau, did a wonderful job planning, decorating and servicing my wedding. LIsa was very helpful with any questions I had throughout the process and worked hard to make my day the way I wanted it. I would highly recommend holding your wedding at The Chateau and working with Lisa!

Room Tip: Definitely try to book a room on the mountainside!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Jen K-

Thank you so much for your kind words and congratulations on your wedding!

Being able to be part of your special day always makes us happy. We love weddings, thank you for allowing us to host it.

Lisa is a treat to deal with, I am glad you felt that way too!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

great getaway place, nice staff, good room prices when they have specials, quiet, nice ammenities, older hotel which i like. It has its own personality and just a relaxing atmosphere.Would recomend vs a holiday inn etc.

Room Tip: go for the mountain view rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Bill L

Bill L-

Welcome back! I was glad to see you again and to read your review.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Say hello on your next trip.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

After reading a number of negative reviews, my husband and I were very hesitant to stay at the Chateau Resort. We agree that it could use a lot of updates and that the room doesn't have some of the amenities of upscale hotels, but for the money, it is a very decent place to stay. The views are great from the mountainside rooms, our room was spacious and the staff is very friendly. We were there in the fall when the leaves were stunning and the weather was cool and pleasant. I can imagine that in all seasons it would be a lovely setting. The swimming pool is surrounded by pines and the waterfall adds to its beauty. We were fortunate to be there on "off days" (not a Friday or Saturday), so it was very quiet and peaceful. It is a large facility that can handle large groups of people, which has the potential for noise. From our experience, I would say that the very negative reviews are completely unfair. We did not see a single bug and our room was clean, even though the furnishings were not new. The bed was very comfortable and the room temperature was perfect. The small balcony off the room wold be a perfect place to sit and read a book, sip some wine or simply take in the view.

Room Tip: Be sure to book a room on the mountain side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank I_LV_travel
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I_LV_travel -

Thank you! I love that view and the location of the property couldn't be more perfect to take advantage of that view.

A glass of wine seems perfect to take it in. Fourth of July fireworks on the mountain, lit up for ski season like a Christmas tree or right now with the stunning foliage. I actually made that view our cover photo on facebook.com/PoconoHotel .

Please do say hello on your next trip.

-John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!