“Great for families”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Wayne, New Jersey
“Great for families”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The hotel offered plenty of kids activities including free movies, popcorn & lemonade. They also offered cookie decorating and breakfast with Santa and much more. Kimberly in the restaurant was fantastic! The other Staff members were friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Mountainview is a must!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenn S
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Jenn S-

Thank you!

I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed the added activities we held during the Thanksgiving holiday. We tend to do those types of activities during the big family holidays, Christmas, New Years, Easter, Fourth of July & Thanksgiving.

Please do keep us in mind for your next trip.

-John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The location is great. The hotel itself is dirty and old. Only 1 out of 5 treadmills worked, the indoor pool was freezing, 1/2 of the arcade games were broken, the carpets are filthy, the room furniture looks to be all second hand. This place needs a MAJOR facelift. The man at the front desk was pleasant and friendly. He gave us a free upgraded room with a view of the mountain. We were going to stay an extra night, but will look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Jav1223
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Jav1223-

Thank you for the review.

I am glad to hear about the service received at the front desk. We strive to provide that level of genuine hospitality and service. I am glad to hear it was noticed. As to the issues you indicate, I would like to get some additional specifics from you if you have the opportunity so it can be addressed.

Thanks again-

John

Travelers are raving about these Tannersville hotels

Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Lisa, along with all of the other staff at The Chateau, did a wonderful job planning, decorating and servicing my wedding. LIsa was very helpful with any questions I had throughout the process and worked hard to make my day the way I wanted it. I would highly recommend holding your wedding at The Chateau and working with Lisa!

Room Tip: Definitely try to book a room on the mountainside!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jen K-

Thank you so much for your kind words and congratulations on your wedding!

Being able to be part of your special day always makes us happy. We love weddings, thank you for allowing us to host it.

Lisa is a treat to deal with, I am glad you felt that way too!

Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2012

great getaway place, nice staff, good room prices when they have specials, quiet, nice ammenities, older hotel which i like. It has its own personality and just a relaxing atmosphere.Would recomend vs a holiday inn etc.

Room Tip: go for the mountain view rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Bill L
Bill L-

Welcome back! I was glad to see you again and to read your review.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Say hello on your next trip.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2012

After reading a number of negative reviews, my husband and I were very hesitant to stay at the Chateau Resort. We agree that it could use a lot of updates and that the room doesn't have some of the amenities of upscale hotels, but for the money, it is a very decent place to stay. The views are great from the mountainside rooms, our room was spacious and the staff is very friendly. We were there in the fall when the leaves were stunning and the weather was cool and pleasant. I can imagine that in all seasons it would be a lovely setting. The swimming pool is surrounded by pines and the waterfall adds to its beauty. We were fortunate to be there on "off days" (not a Friday or Saturday), so it was very quiet and peaceful. It is a large facility that can handle large groups of people, which has the potential for noise. From our experience, I would say that the very negative reviews are completely unfair. We did not see a single bug and our room was clean, even though the furnishings were not new. The bed was very comfortable and the room temperature was perfect. The small balcony off the room wold be a perfect place to sit and read a book, sip some wine or simply take in the view.

Room Tip: Be sure to book a room on the mountain side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank I_LV_travel
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I_LV_travel -

Thank you! I love that view and the location of the property couldn't be more perfect to take advantage of that view.

A glass of wine seems perfect to take it in. Fourth of July fireworks on the mountain, lit up for ski season like a Christmas tree or right now with the stunning foliage. I actually made that view our cover photo on facebook.com/PoconoHotel .

Please do say hello on your next trip.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I just returned from a weekend trip to Chateau Resort. I must admit, I was concerned about our stay based on everyone's feedback. My three friends and I agreed that although the hotel was older, it was nice. Even though our rooms were date, they were clean. We went to the pool and had a relaxing time. It was clean and freshly painted. The jacuzzi was the same.The views were wonderful. The restaurant was acceptable. It was not fancy nor was the food exceptional by any means, but once again, the views made up for it. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask at the front desk, they will work to make you happy!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JeanneX157
JeanneX157-

Thank you for giving us a try!

We are not a brand new hotel and can't control that, but we can make certain that what we do offer is well maintained and clean. If we do that with a friendly, outgoing, comfortable level of service, I am happy that we have done our job.

Thank you for your stay and thank you for your comments.

Please do say hello on your next visit.

Collegeville, PA
Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you stay in the Poconos, DO NOT stay at The Chateau Resort at Camelback! Not only did the room smell like cigarette smoke and BO, but they have bed bugs! After talking to the front desk, I was told the general manager would call me. It's been more than 48 hours and I have heard nothing. I tried calling multiple times and emailed. No response. Horrible hotel with horrible customer service!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Nick F
Mr. Fountain-

I am looking at my notes right now and have left you six separate messages on your voicemail beginning the day before this tripadvisor was posted. And I have no emails from you.

I won't give up on reaching you, please don't give up on us. I would love to discuss our exterminator's inspection results.

Please, if I haven't spoken to you by the time this is posted, please do call. (570) 629-5900 or email at GM@ChateauResort.com .

I would appreciate it.

-John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!