Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Travelodge Mt. Pocono(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
Chestnut Grove Resort(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I recently had my wedding at the Chateau (June 2012) and I must say the service, food and staff were amazing. Lisa Ambrose ( event coordinator) and staff were amazing to work with and the day of was perfect! We had the wedding in the Seasons Ballroom which was breathtaking overlooking the lake and provided a great view of the mountain. The deck area was perfect for bridal party / family pictures. Everyone had a great time and I would highly recommend the Chateau!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristel B

Kristel B-

We are thrilled you and your guests enjoyed your wedding! We work very hard to satisfy all of our brides in creating their special day.

I will pass your thoughts along to Lisa and the rest of the team.

Hope to see you again soon. Anniversary perhaps?

Congratulations on your wedding.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Had the unfortunate displeasure of staying at The Chateau Resort and Conference Center in Tannersville, PA from 6/10/2012 to 6/12/2012. NEVER AGAIN. The "resort" is a crumbling, dirty, ugly and poorly staffed site with duct-tape holding together handrails, filthy carpeting, lumpy beds, and ants crawling all over your rooms windows. My requests for "no-maid service" were ignored (as I didn't trust the staff in my room) and when I respectfully requested a discount on the OUTRAGEOUS room rate I was charged for this abomination of a place, the poorly qualified front desk clerk didn't know "how" to give me a reduced room rate. I left with her telling me that the manager would contact me to further discuss what I would be billed. She NEVER called--but she sure as heck went ahead and charged the full amount to my credit card. From start to finish, this place requires a FULL REMODEL, and some new training for all staff. Oh, and something other than powdered eggs on the breakfast buffet--because that's exactly what they tasted like. My recommendation? Do NOT stay here.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Carla C
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Carla C-

Wow, it appears we let you down in regards to your stay. We would never force someone to stay both nights in an accommodation they were unhappy with and I am uncertain why this happened.

I am unclear which room you were in or why the desk was supposed to adjust your rate. I myself just returned from vacation as I was away during the dates you stayed with us and would like to get this rectified.

Please do contact me so I can get to the bottom of your concerns. 570-629-5900 or gm@chateauresort.com .

Thank you!

-John

Reviewed June 19, 2012

The United Way of Monroe County recently held their 70th Anniversary Gala at The Chateau, and it was a huge success! The staff was great through the planning stages and the night of the event. Actually, every staff member I interacted with that evening was beyond friendly, whether or not they were helping with the event. The Chateau was extremely accommodating to our requests, and everything looked absolutely perfect the night of the event! The food was delicious, both during the cocktail hour and the sit-down dinner. Everyone that attended commented on how great it was and how great The Chateau did in hosting the gala. This is the second event we've held here in the past year, and both were very pleasant experiences. I'm sure we will work together on many more events in the future!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JC0423

JenniferC23-

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The United Way Gala was a lot of fun for us too! I am glad to hear that it was as easy for the United Way to coordinate as it was for us. I loved the pictures and loved the miniature anniversary cakes!

Thank you for your review. I look forward to doing many more events with the United Way in the future. I personally am looking forward to the movie premiere this August. That will be fun...

Thanks again-

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here one night and had great service. check in and out was fast and pleasant. Room was clean and the bed made for a great night sleep. Will stay here again . The veiw is great of the mountain.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Edward R

Edward R-

Thank you for your review and your rating.

I also love that view. It's stunning in the Fall and for the fireworks display coming up 7-7 at Camelback, there really isn't a better spot to watch them from.

Please do think of us during your next trip to the Pocono Mountains.

-John

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I got a really good packaged deal calling hotel directly (they did offer it online also). The lady that I spoke to was very pleasant & gave me the type of room with the requests that I wanted in the reservation. I read several reviews on this hotel, and to be honest, I was a little worried. When we checked in, the staff were very pleasant. The room with all the requests that I had were met. We checked in on a Friday evening, so we needed to eat dinner & they had an Italian buffet. It was $20 a person & well worth it! All the food was fresh and delicious. They had different flavored cheesecakes that were tasty. They even had a singer in the dining area who was very good & interacted with the crowd. The staff were very nice. The service was a bit slow, but as long as you're not in a rush, it is fine. We stayed in a mountain view room with a balcony. The view was beautiful. The room was oversized. The rug was a brown/beige color. The furniture was a bit old and worn. The room was clean and so was the bath room. You need to remember that this is a ski resort, not a Ritz Carlton. The room is sufficient for what it was needed for....a place to sleep. The tv is the older model kind, not flat screen. It worked fine. The bed was very comfortable. The pillows were a little thin, but comfortable. The bed is a regular bed with a down comforter. It is not a fluffy thick mattress that other hotels have but I slept well on it. They have free wi-fi. It worked fine. There is a free business center that has 3 computers & you can print or fax from there. There is a breakfast buffet in the morning. It was 10.99 per person & again, it was well worth it. They had fresh fruit, bagels, bread, sausage, bacon, ham, cereal, scrambled eggs, biscuts & gravy, french toast, corn beef hash. Juice & tea & coffee were included in the price. They have a nice clean in door pool as well as a beautiful clean outdoor pool with a water fall & jacuzzi. They also have shuffle board outside. They have a room that shows 2 free movies in the evening & even gives out free popcorn.

In my opinion, this is a very nice hotel with very polite, friendly staff. It is not decorated with top of the line items, but if that is what you want, you shouldn't be staying at a ski resort. The outlets are about 5 minutes away. There is also a really great brewery on the way to the hotel called Barley Creek & highly recommend it if you like local made beers!

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the elevators & their set up is really really long hallways. There are only 2 elevators next to each other located in the same spot. If you want to be away from elevators, I don't think you need to request it at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JR05611
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

JenR2-

Thank you for your thorough and fair review. Our goal overall is to provide a comfortable place to relax and recharge. With good, friendly service and comfortable surroundings.

We will also use your critiques to improve in a proactive way. Afterall, we will never be perfect, but we will continue to strive for it.

Please do think of us for your next getaway. The Summer is fun, the Fall Spectacular and the Winter exciting.

Thanks again-