“Book it!”

Days Inn Tannersville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We would stay there again. Tips: use AAA discount, good continential breakfast, free WiFi and USA Today. I consulted TripAdvisor reviews before booking in/around Tannersville. By "Motel standards" I would give it a solid 3 stars. It consists of four buildings : three drive-up motel units and a seperate bar/resturant, plus a sererate pool area off the lower parking lot. The buildings are refurb older buildings with a newly painted exterior and our room was clean and looked like the web site photo. The location is off Rt. 80 and road noise is always in the backround. So, taking a dip in the pool would be more for laps than sitting in the lounge chairs to read a book. The a/c wall unit was on the quiter side and provided an overnight 'fan noise' which cancelled out any cars moving in the lot and Rt. 80. I spoke with the front desk on three occasions (regarding Wifi, pool towels, and breakfast) and they were 100% attentive. Breakfast (layed out in a good sized clean room) consisted of coffee, tea, juices, milk, cereal, mini muffins, danish, bread/toast, and english muffins. In short, if a 3 Star Motel suits your travel standards for a short stay, at $70/per night...book it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 11762zip
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Tannersville

Reviewed July 31, 2010

I was looking for a hotel in Poconos and everything had bad reviews except for this place so I gave it a try. This was definitely a decent place althought Motel is probably a better word to describe it since you pull up to the room in your car. On the plus side you have a complimentary continental breakfast, free wireless internet and a micro fridge in your room. Also a pool is a good plus but it closes at 8PM. They did try to quietly charge me for the safe I never used when I was checking out but they removed the charge as soon as I pointed it out. I wonder how many people end up paying for it. Read your bill carefully!

Reviewed July 24, 2010

My husband and I and my 2 teenage girls stayed her on a Thursday and Friday night. Staff is very nice and hotel is very clean.. Not to mention the Continental Breakfast is wonderful.
5 mins from Camelbeach, outlet shopping and lots of resturants...

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Had a pleasant experience at this hotel. Check in was quick, room was very clean and quiet. We did not use the pool but it looked very clean. Although it is very close, and convenient, to Route 80, we did not hear the traffic. The free conti breakfast had all the basics (toast, muffins, pastries, cereal, fruit, coffee & juice), just the right mix to start our day before hitting Camelbeach, just 3 miles away, another reason we choose this place. Will stay there again if we come back next summer!

Reviewed June 14, 2010

We were supposed to stay 2 nights at this hotel. The first morning of our stay, there was work being done on the roof directly over our room starting at 7:00a.m. When we reported it to the front-desk, they told us they would continue to work on the roof through the rest of our stay. When we asked to be moved to another room, we were told that there were no other rooms with king beds available. We told the woman at the front desk we didn't really want to move to a room with 2 double beds and her only response to that was a shoulder shrug. We checked out after that first night due to her complete lack of care for our inconvenience. We will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank macmichele
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Yes, it is very close to the highway and you do hear the traffic. Yes, the motel is dated looking, but it is fairly well maintained. Our rooms were clean, we had two connected rooms where the older kids stayed. The staff seemed friendly enough. It is really easy to get to many places in the Pocono's from this location. Our only surprise was that the "Day break breakfast" usually includes a waffle machine but not here. Otherwise they had a typical hotel continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2009

This was our 3rd stay at the Days Inn Tannersville. This time, we were coming back from Scranton and decided to stay up the mountains for another few days. We considered trying out the Mount Airy Casino, but figured we knew what to expect at the Days Inn. Besides, I was dying to get a jacuzzi suite.
Sadly, the only room left was not a suite. But we booked anyway for 2 more nights - and aside from me catching a cold, it was quite nice, as always.
Now, I know this is not some fancy 4 star hotel. But we will continue to stay here when we come to the Poconos. The prices are reasonable, the rooms are ALWAYS clean, despite a few reviews I've seen, and the staff is always very friendly.

Another plus - BALCONIES.We stayed at a lovely hotel in Scranton, but the windows didn't open and there was no balcony. I swear that's why I got a cold - no air circulating!

I'll probably book again in the winter - and make sure I get a jacuzzi suite!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charvacreamcheese
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area

Been to Days Inn Tannersville? Share your experiences!