“Great Value and Very Clean”

Days Inn Tannersville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed over one night wiht my family 3 kids, 7,8,and 2. When we drove up I was a little nervous but I realized the hotel is in the back of the road. It's an older hotel but kept nice. There was a restaurant next door, Indian food. We arrived early and it was raining that day. The staff person was so nice and checked us in 2 hours befor check in time. She was very pleasant and engaging. She also helped me with my Wyndham Rewards. The price was excellent for a family. The hotel rooms are entered from the outside, parked right out our door! I was soooo amazed by how clean the room smelled. Very fresh and clean. My friends were staying down the road at the Ramada which was more expensive and there room smelled like a cigarette ashtray. Our room had an outside balcony. It was very quiet did not hear any traffic from the main roads. We had a very clean microwave and refrigerator in great working condition. The kids loved the flat screen TV on the wall. They were also very quick to give us the baby crib we requested.. If you are looking for a five star hotel this is not for you. If you are looking for an economical room and cleanliness this was a great hotel. We had stayed at the Chateau Resort for 2 years in a row it wasn't as clean as this hotel.

1  Thank mrsmaltz
DIT_Admin, Manager at Days Inn Tannersville, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear MrsMaltz, Thank you for your nice comments. Our Management & staff is doing everything we can to maintain our property and guest happy. We appreciate your thoughts and we hope to serve you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Tannersville

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Late evening arrival (8:30) - tired and hungry. The gentleman who gave us a room was very nice and headed us in the right direction for food. By the time we got back to the hotel and went to our room, my daughter was just ready to climb into bed...there was no room change going to happen. So....we dealt with the strong smell of smoke even though we were assured this was a non-smoking room. The bedspread had multiple cigarette burns in it. The water to the toilet ran all night, the air conditioner squeaked and vibrated all night and it was way too hot to turn it off. The carpet by the bathroom was damp (a toilet overflow? a bathtub overflow?). Free Wireless? Sure, if you can get it connected. But, good luck keeping it connected. For $100 - NOT a bargain.
The GM at the front desk in the morning did not ask how our stay was, but I let her know anyway. Her attitude was "it's a no smoking room - no one smokes in there." No discounts or refunds.

2  Thank mbauer1963
DIT_Admin, Manager at Days Inn Tannersville, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Ms. mbauer1963, I apologized that you had a problem during your stay. We try our best to keep all our rooms clean and smoke free but it it's unfortunate that some guest smoked even when they know their in a Non-smoking room. We will share this review to all our housekeepers to make sure that we treat the room before renting it to our valued guest. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed on a Monday night. An older property, but in reasonable shape. Room was clean, neat and quiet. Staff was very pleasant. TV worked fine. Shower was fine. Bed was fine. Continental breakfast was fine. I wish I'd tried the Indian Restaurant. If you've stayed at any chain motel along an Interstate Highway, you'll know what to expect.

1  Thank bill f

Dear Bill F, Thank you for your comments regarding our property. Tandoor Palace Indian Restaurant is one of the best here in the Poconos and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our room was great. Each room has a flat screen tv, microwave, refrig, coffee pt, ironing board and iron, and hair blower. clean and right by the pool. ice machines at the end of each bldg. Free usa today each a.m. and cont breakfast. restaurant was Indian and in an old train dining car. Large portions ,spicy, never ate goat before but delish. Literally at the off ramp of I80 (exit 299) 10 mins from camelback, 20 min from Shawnee golf resort. played 27 holes for $35. 1/2 hr from bushkill falls. Help was very cordial and friendly. Best part was only $56 through Wyndham rewards.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from rt 80 quieter
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Curtis B, Thank you for sharing your thought regarding our property here at TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you on your next visit at the Poconos.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Somewhere I thought I read this hotel was supposedly renovated in 2007... that's hard to believe. While the room was clean and the service pleasant, the property suffers from neglect and some fundamental flaws... the lighting in the bathroom was terrible and the fan sounded like a jet plane--but you had to have it running when the light was on. There are hardly any accessible outlets anywhere... room 115 was the most cramped I've ever been in... literally about 6 inches between the bed nearest the wall. During checkout I "peeked" in several other windows and found some were larger--shame on me for not asking to be moved. At least housekeeping seems to work to keep things clean. We never did get the fridge working properly--it froze everything. One bright spot is the continental breakfast room--noisy, but cheery. The selections are minimal, but the attendant seems anxious to please. Also did not hear road noise in spite of the proximity to the Interstate--which is included in your "mountainview."

Room Tip: I would ask to view the room you will be assigned.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Walter B
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Mr. Walter B, Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our property. I will share your comments with all the staff to ensure that all amenities in the room are working properly. Also, we will be glad to show you the room that you like and assign you one as long as it is available. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Ok I was driving for 20 hours and was very tired so i decided to stay at this days inn. Well the really acted like it was a problem I was trying to check in at 6 am and i didn't have a reservation. Completely un booked hotel doesn't want business they must be doing good to not want my business. Well they aloud me to check in but said i had to make sure I was out by 11am. Wow $65 Dollars for a 5 hour nap . I will never stay at a days inn ever again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank james s
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear James S, We apologize that you had a problem during your stay. It just happens that you checked in at an odd hour in our operation. Like every hotel, our "day" usually start at 3:00PM check in and 11:00AM check out. I'm sure the front desk staff could have handled your situation differently, depending on how busy we are during that time, like offered you a late check out or charge you a minimal amount so you could stay till the next day. Again, we apologized for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

nice rate, and clean, suffers from a older rennovation in 2007, and went down fast, lipstick on a pig anyone? If you get stuck in a storm and this place is within sight, stop and visit, make sure you get a second floor room. If the sun is shining, keep driving :)

Room Tip: If you "have" to stay here get second floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear John M, Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding our property. Please know that management & staff are working to the best of our ability to keep all our guest room clean and our service great to keep our guest happy. We hope to serve you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area

Been to Days Inn Tannersville? Share your experiences!