“Disgusting hotel, dirty rooms, horrible service...will never stay again”

Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Our room was dirty and smelled bad. When I asked the front desk they refused to move us to another room even though their were obviously other rooms available. I do not recommend to anyone, even given the cheap price.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeff474

Reviewed November 10, 2009

My boyfriend and I have stayed at this hotel every time we go up to the Poconos. Each time we have had a pleasant stay and enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were clean and the service was fine, we kept to ourselves and had a very nice stay. The loaction was great. It was right down the street from The Outlets and minutes away from Camelback. The last time we stayed was in January and we stayed in the heart shaped jacuzzi and fireplace suite and it was beautiful. I would recommend this hotel and will probably be booking this room within the next couple months.

Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Although the service was absolutely fantastic, the room smelled, chips on the floor when we checked in. I requested a refrigerator and microwave, my two night, three days there, the refrigerator wasn't working. They did provide some money back, however, I found that a mile or so down the road, the Quality Inn was charging $30.00 to $35.00 less a night.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Ladya992
Reviewed January 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel this past MLK weekend. AAA rate was $132 first night/$113.05 the next night. It was a last minute skiing trip our family decided to take at Camelback. Although my husband was worried about the hotel after reading some of the reviews here, I was confident that we will be okay, especially since we had stayed here 2 years ago without any problems.
No, the hotel is not your 4 star resort, but it was quiet, clean, affordable and comfortable. Breakfast was your usual fair, but again, don't expect a full course breakfast. It filled our tummies enough to head out to the slopes at 730a. I saw that some previous guests had noise problems, but unfortunately, it depends on what types of guests you end of sharing the hotel during your stay. I guess we were lucky to have more subdued guests as opposed to loud, rowdy ones.
We will definitely stay at this property again next time we are at Camelback.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2009

It was a great, comfortable stay at the Ramada Limited. The staff was very nice and made sure we had everything we needed. The pool was very clean as well as the hot tub. Recommend staying here any time !!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 18, 2009

This was the worst hotel i've ever been to. The room smelled of dampness. The bathroom was filthy with hairballs in the corners. The walls were so thin that we were able to hear the next rooms conversation. 2 light bulbs were out by the bed. The hallways were were very noisy. Only thing good was the location.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kanane
Reviewed January 5, 2009

After reading numerous negative reviews the day before our trip I was quite nervous!! Well, I must say, I was pleasantly surprised!!

While the room was small, it was very clean!! It was old but the carpet in the room was obviously new. The hallway is loud, but we had no trouble sleeping on the beds that I found to be quite comfortable.

The continental breakfast was just what we expected and the make your own wafffles were a treat!! The staff was constantly making sure everything was stocked.

The front desk was very friendly and the pool area, including the hot tub were clean and a welcome spot for my kids after a long day on the slopes!!

While numerous people seemed to have had a bad experience at this hotel, we found it to be perfectly accaptable and one of the closest to Camelback mountain. We will definately stay there again...as a matter of fact I am hoping to stay at the end of the month!

Stayed: January 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Days Inn Tannersville
Days Inn Tannersville
#3 of 4 in Tannersville
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos

Been to Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel? Share your experiences!