“Repoman from nj”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
SOUTH PLAINFIELD
“Repoman from nj”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel staff was great, we almost did not stay at this hotel because of the reviews but my girl friend and I are glad we did again the staff was great keep up the good work guys we are referring all are friends hear.. Thanks to the staff

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We recently stayed at this property and felt I should write about our experience. While the hotel is old and outdated, the room we had was clean and well equipped. We had great customer service and this location is fantastic(steps from super outlet shopping as well). Tons of restaurants and close to grocery/liquor stores too. While I would likely stay elsewhere the next time we go to the Poconos,,,,,,I would reccommend the Ramada for the price we paid and for being so conveniently located. If you are looking for a place to stay and not break the budget, give this place a try.

Room Tip: DONT book a room with jacuzzi on 3rd floor as there is no separate shower.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunnville, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've stayed at many Ramada Hotels in Canada and equated excellence with that brand. This Ramada is so disappointing. Not very clean. Rooms are less than average. They don't even have a luggage cart for you to transport your luggage to your room. The complimentary breakfast was ridiculous. The room they set up the help yourself breakfast didn't have enough tables and chairs. It was not air conditioned and was sooo hot it was difficult to eat anything. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
2 Thank Penny_R_R
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have stayed at the Ramada Limited Tannersville Pocono many times and have always been very satisfied. In fact, my daughters refer to the Ramada as their house in the Poconos. The management and staff are first rate, always helpful and courtesy. The hotel is clean, the pool is great, and the room rates are a great value.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are closer to pool and breakfast room and are easily accesible by the rear parkin...
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have never written a review on here before but my family and I just got back from this stay and it still haunts me. We were in PA for a funeral and booked three rooms here. All three rooms were, to put it mildly, unstatisfactory and let me just say that none of us are picky. When we arrived after 6 1/2 hours of driving we just wanted a clean place to stay--well that did not happen! All of the rooms we went into were very dated, wallpaper peeling, old tape on walls were someone taped something up on it, very old dressers/tables with handles falling off. My sister and I walked into our first room they assigned us and the smell of mildew hit us in the face. We felt the carpet and it was wet from the dampness. We asked for another room which the front desk person Jackie gave us. We thought the next room was fine, until we walked into the bathroom and there was urine all around the toilet, toothpaste on the countertop and sink and hair in the tub! Obviously the room had not been cleaned from the last person's stay. The sheets were clean, but the blanket and bedspread were not! Jackie very kindly came right up and cleaned the bathroom for us, but later we cleaned the rest of the room ourselves. Being that we got settled at 11pm we just thought we'd make the best of it for one night. Our a/c was either not efficient enough or nonexistent and our room was very stuffy all night. In my other sister's room the tub did not drain and so she and her daughters were standing in about 6 inches of water while they showered, and their hairdryer didn't work. My parents room had trash on the floor and a heavy coating of dust all over their tables and their hairdryer didn't work. We brought some food with us because the website said there were refrigerators and none of our rooms had them. The pool was so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom so my nieces couldn't go for a swim. The entire hotel was filthy, damp and smelled awful! We stayed here because it was close to the church and said they had breakfast, but with how dirty everything was we weren't about to eat anything here! So basically we were going to pay $130 to sleep in a dirty room. The morning front desk person Betty was apologetic and able to reduce the price to $99, but my sister and I still felt this was still too much for our experience that we had considering we had to clean the room ourselves. The manager Sanjiv Gosain came up to the desk and before we even said anything to him about our strong concerns regarding cleanliness/probable health violations with his hotel, he began being very argumentative and rude to us. He never once apologized to us for our terrible stay and said to us more than once "Well, you could have just gone to another hotel!" and when we didn't back down from him he began raising his voice at us! He dismissed all of our concerns and denied that there was anything wrong with his hotel. So, for anyone thinking of staying here, there obviously won't be any changes seen in the near future! This manager is a scrooge and is putting NO effort or care into this business and does not care one inch about his customers. It will only get worse! DANGER--STAY AWAY!!!!

3 Thank Sharon F
Akron, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stay away from this awful hotel. It's "limited" alright! The staff was nice but the place is a dump. The rooms are musty, the carpet is gross, our bathroom door didn't close all the way due to having been painted over and over, our clock radio didn't work, there was a layer of dust and grime on everything, the bathroom wallpaper was peeling, the bathroom floor grout was black, everything was old and dated. It was just disgusting. The worst part is we had to stay two nights (it was a work trip) and we paid $161 plus tax PER NIGHT! What a rip-off. I do not recommend this place. I was afraid to sleep there but we had to. This place needs a major renovation!

Room Tip: I think there is a newer wing but we were in the old section. I heard the newer section was a bit b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kim B
Bronx, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed here w/ my kids and as soon as we walked in you could smell cigarrette smoke.. There is NO elevator which was horrible when you traveling with someone who is 7 months pregnant w/ twins.. The rooms are old old I mean old. Tube tvs and all....The hot tub was broken . Location is great but I cant say I would stay there ever again....The place has great potential but right now needs a rescue...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank brenda r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos

Been to Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel? Share your experiences!