“To die for”
Review of Fairview Cafe

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Tafton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fairview Lake Cafe, serves eclectic American dishes grounded by French tradition! Beautiful setting, award winning food, attentive service also, BYOB, moderately priced! We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

If I had to choose my last meal it would be at Fairview Cafe. The food combinations are unique and perfectly prepared. Difficult to explain how good something can taste! Had the ravioli and the sauce was the like nothing I ever tasted. My bff had the filet perfectly prepared and seasoned, topped with eggplant and gorgonzola sauce. One word only. Awsome!

1  Thank poconomartini
foodperson150, Owner at Fairview Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank You, for such a nice review!
We are so glad you enjoyed your dinner!
The Ravioli is one of my favorite dishes, I too, love the sauce.
Call us again for a reservation.
Warm regards,
Bonnie Percevault

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We have traveled the world (see our 240 reviews) and this is one of our favorite places! We keep coming back.

A beautiful building lodge style building is outdone by the fabulous food and friendly staff. Some of the most tasty food you will find in the Poconos, or anywhere else. All fresh and prepared by an Accomplished chef. My wife loves the dijon cream sauce on anything they make it with!
His wife cares for the casual dining room with fine details: a wine aerator, sea-salt and black pepper in small bowls with tiny spoons, fresh flowers, candles, background music, fine linens, and servers who are fun and sociable.

In the busy summer months call
for reservations because the place gets packed and they fill up quick. This place puts other restaurants around the area to shame. If you are only in town for one night, this should be your choice.

1  Thank BethlehemPaUSA
foodperson150, Owner at Fairview Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hey, Bill S.
Try the Dijon Cream Sauce at home (so simple)
2 TBS Brandy
1 TBS Garlic
4 TBS Dijon
1 cup Heavy Cream
TT s&p
TT Parsley

We are always so excited when we make someone happy!!
Eat dessert today!
Bonnie Percevault,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We frequent the cafe in the summer months, and when we're around in the winter. So how does one make a lamb stew outperform expectations? I don't know their magic, but the stew's sauce was simply wonderful, hinting at mint from time to time, and just dancing on the palette. A delightful experience as always.

foodperson150, Owner at Fairview Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

RoadTripper111,
Thank you, for your delicious review! and Thank you, for returning to the café, this is our best compliment. We take pride in each and every dish that leaves the kitchen, and are always creating innovative recipes in order to keep things interesting for our return guests! All of our team looks forward to having you dine with us again.
Bonnie Percevault,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I go often not just for the ambiance, or the courteous staff, or for the Host Bonnie (who always wears a smile and is very accommodating) but also for the culinary masterpieces Chef Joe produces! The food is out of this World! It's a virtual party on your taste buds. The prices are worth every savory morsel - and are very reasonable. We went to Glass Bistro - left hungry and about $60 lighter. After going here we never leave hungry, had a most incredible meal, and a GREAT time!

I highly recommend this establishment. The staff are courteous, attentive, and always smiling! The place is one amazing structure and is modeled after an Aspen Colorado Ski Resort (my wife doesn't care for the wild game part...but it works for the building). The FOOD! I come for Chef Joe's amazing recipes, appetizers, soups, and entrees. His sauces must be inspired from God! I am not only absolutely enthralled with the culinary delights, but the entire dinning experience.

The prices are right for the food and taste- if you want it cheaper then McDonalds is 14 miles west on route 6. The staff and owners are amazing people - who make sure every little detail is managed. From the small glass vase with baby's breath on the table to the warmth of the log fire in the Herculean open fireplace. This is the restaurant if you want fine dinning without the New York prices.

Kudos to Bonnie and Joe for putting this together and all your efforts.

I might even sell my dishwasher because my wife and I enjoy going there so much!
A++++++

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Made reservations a day in advance. Brought our own wine...for some reason they put us at a table in the corner...was hoping to sit inside by the fireplace....
The food was very tastey, so was dessert! The place is very romantic, quiet, sophisticated!

1  Thank LeandraCat