“Great food - great atmosphere - the best in the Poconos!!!”
Review of Fairview Cafe

Fairview Cafe
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Tafton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fairview Lake Cafe, serves eclectic American dishes grounded by French tradition! Beautiful setting, award winning food, attentive service also, BYOB, moderately priced! We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I go often not just for the ambiance, or the courteous staff, or for the Host Bonnie (who always wears a smile and is very accommodating) but also for the culinary masterpieces Chef Joe produces! The food is out of this World! It's a virtual party on your taste buds. The prices are worth every savory morsel - and are very reasonable. We went to Glass Bistro - left hungry and about $60 lighter. After going here we never leave hungry, had a most incredible meal, and a GREAT time!

I highly recommend this establishment. The staff are courteous, attentive, and always smiling! The place is one amazing structure and is modeled after an Aspen Colorado Ski Resort (my wife doesn't care for the wild game part...but it works for the building). The FOOD! I come for Chef Joe's amazing recipes, appetizers, soups, and entrees. His sauces must be inspired from God! I am not only absolutely enthralled with the culinary delights, but the entire dinning experience.

The prices are right for the food and taste- if you want it cheaper then McDonalds is 14 miles west on route 6. The staff and owners are amazing people - who make sure every little detail is managed. From the small glass vase with baby's breath on the table to the warmth of the log fire in the Herculean open fireplace. This is the restaurant if you want fine dinning without the New York prices.

Kudos to Bonnie and Joe for putting this together and all your efforts.

I might even sell my dishwasher because my wife and I enjoy going there so much!
A++++++

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Made reservations a day in advance. Brought our own wine...for some reason they put us at a table in the corner...was hoping to sit inside by the fireplace....
The food was very tastey, so was dessert! The place is very romantic, quiet, sophisticated!

1  Thank LeandraCat
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We have been there twice. Both times the food and service have been great. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are big. I will be back

1  Thank Sal S
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Just returned from Fairview Cafe, What a disappointment. The food was good as was the entertainment. The service left more than a little to be desired. If you are going to charge $183 a couple you really need to do a better job. My wife and I felt like we had stopped at a roadside diner. The waiter was nowhere to be found most of the evening, and completely disappeared once the bill was paid. Bye the way that is $183 is without drinks since the place is BYOB. We would not recommend for a special occasion and will not return.

4  Thank Rudy258
foodperson150, Owner at Fairview Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you, for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed the food and the entertainment! New Years Eve is such a fun evening, The total of your bill for the evening included tax and gratuity. Our Four Course Dinner (Appetizer, Salad, Entrée and Dessert) was priced at $69.00 per person, of course, this also included the entertainment and all the other fun things (special décor) that New Years Eve brings, and the Champagne Toast at midnight. All of our reservations were made aware of the special pricing at the time of the reservation. We thought we were priced well for the evening? I am sorry if our service was not up to your standard~we were more than well staffed for the evening. I hope you will consider revisiting our café~I do advise, communicating with management in any restaurant. I would have been happy to address your service concerns immediately~even if that meant waiting on you myself! I was in the dining room the entire evening on New Years Eve, monitoring all ten of our tables by the fire place. Please, accept my apologies.
Warm regards,
Bonnie Percevault

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Of course being that is was Columbus Day weekend, we were expecting everywhere to be busy, but the cafe was packed beyond belief. So wonderful to know so many people choose as we did. Our first meal there was exquisite. We sat in the cafe side of the dining area and it was quaint and intimate. The food was perfect. My husband had the filet mignon and I had a flounder francaise. Both were cooked to perfection and the sauces were out of this world. The only down side was an extremely rude table that was near us. On the way out we went to go thank the maître d and the people at that table were yelling at her. Complete disrespect, after being ask to leave they continued on. Seeing the way the staff handle that whole ordeal was jaw dropping. Everyone held complete composer and were 110% professional. Those people are lucky is wasn't me who they were taking to. Anyway, seeing that alone will keep me coming back to experience a truly tentative and wholesome staff with 5 star food!

1  Thank And_scene