“To who it may or may-not concern”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pocono Brewing Company - CLOSED

Pocono Brewing Company
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 611
Description: Pocono Brewing Company is the Pocono's premiere sports bar and brewing company. A staple in Swiftwater serving local families and tourists alike for 12 years. Our knowledgeable staff invites you to try a cold draft beer from our extensive beer menu containing over 50 draft and bottled beers, accompanied by three of our own house brews. The menu offers a large variety of delicious items, featuring our award winning wings, as well as a huge selection of burgers, sandwiches, entrees and pub fare.
Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania
“To who it may or may-not concern”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

To who it may or may-not concern,
My wife Kathy and I reside in the Pocono Summit area and have been patrons of Pocono Brewing Company since we moved up in June of 93. Sometimes this place can be hit or miss. WELL on the evening of Saturday may 25th 2013 we had relatives come in from New York and they asked where we could get a good steak so we suggested to go to Pocono Brewing co. We arrived at about 7:45 and ordered a round of drinks and our food for the 7 of us (6 Adults & 1 Child). About 8:15, the waitress (Katie) took a second drink order and said our food would be out in a few minutes she said she was waiting on a burger to finish? It wasn’t too busy at that time, and only about half the tables were full. Twenty more minutes elapsed and the food finally arrives – COLD. The prime rib I orded to be cooked medium came out well done, my corn and other vegetable selection were cold. I sent the whole thing back to be remade. My brother-in-law ordered a prime rib and it was cold but he was starving so he ate about half before calling the manager because the rest of his meal was all fat. My sister-in-law ordered fajitas (she heard them sizzling on plates coming out to other tables) and THEY WERE NOT SIZZLINGON HER PLATE. My wife ordered a burger and fries and halfway through her burger she asked the waitress why her fries hadn’t arrived yet. Our waitress Katie informed my wife they indeed were on the table but they were two table settings away on the other end of the table by me niece. When my wife asked how she should know those were hers the waitress said, “Well there they are,” and pointed to the fries at the other end of the table.
At this point, I am wondering what the heck happened at this place and I am feeling totally embarrassed for suggesting PBC to my relatives. At this point my new steak arrives, OVERCOOKED and my vegetables still cold so I told them I couldn’t eat it. Now it’s about 9:00 and I told the manager on duty, Robert Vanthiel, how the whole night unfolded. He told me that we upset the waitress and how she was having a breakdown in the kitchen (I thought this was a hospitality business? ) My wife came over to voice her opinion and she was told by Mr. Vanthiel to be quiet. When I told him the fajitas weren’t sizzling when they came out he said “I doubt that.” The only thing he did was remove my prime rib and my wife’s fries from our check (which she didn’t have anyway) - THAT’S IT.
The next day I called as early as possible to speak to the owner and only got a different manager. I spoke with “Maria,” and I told her about our night. She said that that shouldn’t have happened and she apologized. She then said she was going to talk to the owner about it and he would get back to me. WELL, it’s Sunday, June 02, 2013 and I still haven’t heard from the owner so I guess he doesn’t care either.
I will now suggest to all my friends and relatives to not patronize the “Pocono Brewing Co.” Sorry to tell you all, but the place and management obviously has changed over the years and it’s time to find a new place to take the family.

Joseph Blundetto

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Joseph B

“Perfect afternoon outside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I came to pocono brewing company for lunch and some cocktails and our server was very polite and prompt. We sat out on the back deck to enjoy the weather and our food came out quick as well as our drinks! We had frozen iced lemonades with vodka (excellent!) I ordered the turkey club which was huge and delicious and my husband had the French dip which was also a great portion and delicious. The atmosphere was great and relaxing and service too. We absolutely will be coming back again :)

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank AnnMarie006
Brooklyn, New York
“They don't care about customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Do not eat here! They don't care about customers. I ordered a prime rib medium rare and my friend ordered medium. Mine came out more well done than his and I asked waitress for another one. She said it was the lighting and did not get another until I refused to eat it. The second one took more than 15 min to come out and it was more well done than the first. Joe the manager came out and said that in PA they cannot prepare meat that is red or has blood. Really? He did not comp me until I refused to eat it. They did not prepare another and charged us full gratuity. I'm telling everyone not to eat here!

Visited May 2013
The Poconos, Pennsylvania
“Good food, although a bit overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My friend and I stopped in for lunch midweek, and each had a French Dip. The sandwiches were really good. They have a nice menu selection, but they are a bit overpriced.

• Visited May 2013
“Great time at pbc”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The food is very good for the price, the bartenders are very talented got my order made it and served it fast. Was a packed night and I felt like they really met my needs and wants. Everyone in pnc smiles an welcomes the guests.

• Visited April 2013