“unenthusiastic”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 611
Description: Pocono Brewing Company is the Pocono's premiere sports bar and brewing company. A staple in Swiftwater serving local families and tourists alike for 12 years. Our knowledgeable staff invites you to try a cold draft beer from our extensive beer menu containing over 50 draft and bottled beers, accompanied by three of our own house brews. The menu offers a large variety of delicious items, featuring our award winning wings, as well as a huge selection of burgers, sandwiches, entrees and pub fare.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

For a local Brew Pub the staff was very unenthusiastic. They were out of their two premium brews. Wanted to buy a T-shirt for the saying and it was like pulling teeth. Onky had small sizes. VERY OVER PRICED. Signed out frint stated all u can eat winngs, nope didn't apply to Sundays. Example for 10wings it $10.00 really! Food wasn't anythign to write home about.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Best food we ate all weekend! Reasonably priced and nice staff!! Get the wings and prime rib. Not far from the pocono manor inn or camelback mountain. Plenty of parking. A little bit of a wait but well worth it.

1  Thank toni1210
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I initially thought 9 wings for over $11 was high but the wings were very large and Very tasty! Totally worth it. I just ordered take out but I got to see the inside of the place and saw they had tons of games from ping pong tables, arcade games, pool tables, and shuffleboard. Can't wait to go back !

2  Thank Krovere
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Whenever my friends and I visit Mount Airy we always stop at PBC for dinner on our way home, that is until our most recent visit. We were extremely dissatisfied and disappointed in the service that we received. The food and beer was ok. Granted it was nothing special, but it's the quality of food I would expect from a sports bar/restaurant located on the side of the road. However, it was the service that ruined the experience for us. Everything was fine until we received our check and noticed that they charged $3 for my 16oz beer and my friend was charged $10 for a 22oz glass of the same exact beer!! The math did not make sense. How could one charge $3 for 16 oz and $10 for 22oz. We might as well have ordered three 16oz glasses for $9. When it was brought to the attention of the waitress she basically told us that the 16oz beers were "Happy Hour" beers, but not the 22oz. When asked why she failed to mention that to us when we initially ordered, she said that she wasn't supposed to let us know. I then asked to speak to the manager who told me and I quote "Our wait staff isn't encouraged to down sell." It bewilders me that someone would say that to a patron. So, basically this lady tells me that they encourage scamming the customer. Also, NO WHERE inside of the restaurant was in advertised that it was happy hour on 16oz beers. I don't understand how, as a customer, we are supposed to know about the deals and specials?!?!?! I have been to many dining establishments where it is either clearly advertised that it is Happy Hour, or where the hostess or waitress/waiter verbally informs you about the specials and deals. Overall, I was disappointed in the service received and I will never go back to PBC. It is a shame that for $7 they would be willing to loose repeat customers.

2  Thank linda l
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Always enjoyed my occassional stop here---until yesterday. Tab for a buger, fries and two 22oz Smithwicks was $35 due to the $10 hit on semi-flat beers. The staff is nice and I left $10 tip but this working stiff will avoid a place that charges more than Yankee Stadium for a brew! No wonder the place was empty--sad that its gone down this road.

2  Thank Johnnyboy642