“mediocre and worse sushi”
Review of Desaki Restaurant

Desaki Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Swiftwater
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Desaki Japanese Restaurant's entertaining Hibachi chefs prepare all your favorites like Filet Mignon, lobster, scallops, chicken and shrimp right before your eyes to ensure it's just the way you like it. Desaki's ultra fresh Sushi menu includes traditional items as well as our chef's own unique creations. More than delicious family dining, desaki is an entertainment experience where adults and children of all ages can enjoy the XBox gaming station and free rides in our authentic Rickshaw. The XBox gaming station often lures parents into the fun as well as their children. On weekends, desaki offers families many experiences to enjoy which sometimes feature a magician, face painter or caricature artist to entertain young guests.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I just recently moved to the area from CT and we have been looking for a good sushi restaurant to frequent. Our Sunday'sare spent doing sushi,saki and martinis. We came across Desaki on our way from a trip. We specifically came for the sushi. I had a featured roll and my husband ate a tuna roll and a roll off of their chefs menu. We had scallops sashimias an appetizer. The tuna looked purple grey and had no flavor, my speciality roll was without ginger or wasabi, and all in all was not the sushi that i had read about in other reviews. The restaurant itself had a musty smell which made the entire experienceone which I will not do again. I left feeling unsatisfied . The service was fine as were the cocktails. I understood the addition of the gratiuity and although was not to content to pay it, i enjoyed the martinis. I wouldn't recommend this for sushi.

1  Thank Jlutter106
Lynn G, General Manager at Desaki Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Hello Jlutter106...Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We rarely have complaints about our sushi as it is delivered fresh almost every day. If you would like to give me a call to discuss the matter, please do. I'm hoping we will see you again.
All the Best,
Lynn
570-269-8778

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was never at a Hibachi Grill. This place was so beautiful. Our cook was not only very skilled but very funny. The food was amazing. I would def recommend this place. You will not be disappointed

3  Thank jaelyn363

Hello Jaelyn...thank you for your feedback! See you again soon:)

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband & I decided to go out for a date night & had seen the billboards along Route 33. We live abut 45 minutes away, but we don't mind a drive if the place is good. When we pulled into the parking lot, it was packed & we were prepared for a long wait, however, we were surprised that we were able to be seated right away. The staff were polite & prompt to take our drink & food orders. While we waited for our Hibachi chef, we watched the other chef's perform their "fire act" which was great! We were not disappointed with our chef..he was fun & put on a great show. The food portions were large & very flavorful. Neither my husband or I could finish our meals, so we will be enjoying it again tomorrow as leftovers. We will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank daschmall
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My sister-in-law recommended we try Desaki if we wanted "really good sushi and/or hibachi". We love both, so we went ... and tried both! The building is very impressive and the atmosphere was both relaxing and fun. We showed up in shorts and t-shirts yet felt right at home near people a little bit more "dressy". The hibachi was exciting ... fire, knives, tricks, and food ... just what you'd expect! We tried a signature roll as an appetizer and were very pleased with it. So much food ... we had lunch for the following day!
However ... it was the most expensive hibachi excursion we've ever had!

1  Thank Woodchipperwife
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Win or lose at the casino, stopping in at Desaki afterwards is a great bet. While we only sat at the bar on this visit, it offers a great view of the entire restaurant, which is quite lovely. The service at the bar (Nanci) was excellent, and the sushi was wonderfully fresh with an excellent presentation. The oveall experience is a treat for the palate and the eye.

2  Thank Michael-Janet