“If you are looking for family fun dinner hit this spot”
Review of Desaki Restaurant

Desaki Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Swiftwater
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Desaki Japanese Restaurant's entertaining Hibachi chefs prepare all your favorites like Filet Mignon, lobster, scallops, chicken and shrimp right before your eyes to ensure it's just the way you like it. Desaki's ultra fresh Sushi menu includes traditional items as well as our chef's own unique creations. More than delicious family dining, desaki is an entertainment experience where adults and children of all ages can enjoy the XBox gaming station and free rides in our authentic Rickshaw. The XBox gaming station often lures parents into the fun as well as their children. On weekends, desaki offers families many experiences to enjoy which sometimes feature a magician, face painter or caricature artist to entertain young guests.
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This was our second year in a row that we had dinner here. We were at the Great Wolf Lodge and wanted to get a good dinner outside. They have a shuttle to pick u up from the lodge Friday and Saturday nights and r closed Monday. We had a wonderful time, great service. Awesome food, the menu is big and has a great selection. Very clean and great for young kids. We will go back next year for sure. The sushi was fresh and wonderful as was everything we got.
You and your kids will love it hear

Reviewed January 29, 2013

service was good, food was good, but over priced. I've been to other hibatchi's, you get more food... more rice, more noodles, more filet & more veggies. the soup was delish & i liked the 'free' edamamae... but $10 for A sushi roll? outragious. & there were no dipping sauces that you usually get in other hibatchi restaurants.
good food, enjoyed the service but not worth the price of admission

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have now been to Desaki in Swiftwater at least 10 times, but this is my first review. The food is great, from the sushi to the hibachi. The 18 percent gratuity is understandable considering the staff this encompasses. A lot of people don't understand that most servers and busboys don't make minimum wage.

There is great entertainment in the chefs, and the staff are always happy to change anything you're not thrilled with. Sometimes the servers are a bit inexperienced, and service can be slow, but the fun and food is worth it. Great time for the kids, and I always leave with a smile on my face!

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The amount of money put into this place is ridiculous. The 18 percent automatic gratuity that each server obnoxiously explains perpetuates the lack of attention to detail and gracious hosting. Furthermore, tap water is not served and only cheap bottled water is available for $.50 a bottle. The soda was over syruped and under carbonated. The only thing that saved our experience was that the sushi and fireball shrimp were tasty and fresh. The sushi chef seemed to be the only person who was working hard in the whole restaurant.

Lynn G, General Manager at Desaki Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Hello Ben & Jen...
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent experience at desaki. I'm glad to hear that you appreciated the architecture and the food. We take pride in both as well as our high standard of service.
In reference to your other concerns...
1. We only provide bottle water from an ease of operation standpoint, which is why it's only fifty cents. At any given time we entertain up to 150 guests, with all beverages being served from the bar. Simply stated, it would be quite time consuming for our bar staff if we provided tap water.
2. Our service staff is trained to let our guests know about the gratuity policy. It is written in the menu, but we don't want our guests to be surprised by the policy.

I would beg to differ about the sushi chef being the only one working diligently. I am proud to be a part of a fantastic team. As their GM I take full responsibility for everyone and everything that we do. I can assure you that our entire staff works diligently to ensure our patrons enjoy their experience with us.
If you would like to discuss the matter in more detail, feel free to contact me on my cell.
All Best,
Lynn Gilbride
570-269-8778

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Decided on a recent long weekend trip to stop by and try the hibachi, as we love the local hibachi in NJ. Restaurant is beautiful and was not as loud as some described. Sunday night, so not a very long wait. Greeted by our server Gabriel, who was without a doubt AWESOME. He was more than happy to explain all menu selections and the strange but understandable tip policy. I mentioned certain aspects of my meal that I wanted a particular way (no egg in the rice) and he stated not a problem, when the chef served my rice, it was with no egg and I needed to make no further mention of it. I was not overly pleased with being sat behind the chef as I know the price of my meal includes the fire show and general antics of the chef, but seeing as though I knew what to expect it wasn't an overly big deal. The following night (New Years Eve) we couldn't decide what we wanted to do, so we figured why not go back for a second try, and order some of the other things on the menu. Without a doubt was alot busier, but still nothing out of the ordinary. As we waited for our table at the bar Gabriel noticed us and made a point to come over and say hello. I was blown away that on a holiday weekend he one remembered us, and even remembered the previous bantering we had the night before. I was not as impressed with the waiter or the chef the second night, not because they were terrible, just our first visit set the bar quite high. I do have to say the terayki skewers on the menu were a highlight, and well worth the cost.

1  Thank Firefly84261