“Delicious Desserts”

Pocono Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Swiftwater
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In 1984, Priscilla Moore, began making cheesecakes in her home near the village of Canadensis in the beautiful Pocono Mountains. The idea dawned on her to convince local chef's at resorts and restaurants to try her product. And a Business was born! After a few months a retail outlet opened on route 390 in Mountainhome, Pa. In just one year the overwhelming response was so much that they decided to expand to the current location on route 611 in Swiftwater. By 1994 she added a 2,400 square foot warehouse and more than doubled the original size of the baking and retail space.The Pocono Cheesecake Factory became one of the Must Try attractions in the Poconos. In 2007, Priscilla decided to ask her great Friends Al and Carole Johnson to carry on the tradition of uncompromising Quality and Freshness, supporting local farms sourcing our milk and cheese, and a customer experience that created the success to begin with.
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
“Delicious Desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went there after seeing it on the travel channel and since it was close to where we were staying we decided to give it a try. I was surprised at how small the place was in person. I thought the desserts were very tasty but not over the top. My husband and son each had cheesecake and ate it with sharing a bite. My daughter had a cookie and I a cream puff. The cream puff left something to be desired, but the cheesecake was delicious!

Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“AVERAGE cheesecake for above average prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Finally paid a visit yesterday after seeing signs around the area for the past few years, so maybe my expectations were too high but...
They charge $5 a slice and there isn't even a single table? The most off-putting part was the sign on the front of the store and at the counter that says "no public restroom"! So you're going to charge me restaurant prices for a slice of cheesecake, but I'm not allowed to use your bathroom?!
Cheesecake was fine, good but not great. Slices were small for price. Small selection of other baked goods but nothing that really stood out. I had the frozen chocolate covered cheesecake (pretty good), my daughter and husband both very disappointed with the chocolate peanut butter swirl and the raspberry swirl. My 6 year old was happy with his Oreo cheesecake, but he'll eat pretty much anything you put a cookie on. Bottom line, next time I'll just go to BJ's and buy an entire cheesecake for half the price.

• Visited August 2013
Orinda, California
“GREAT cheesecake! Rivals the best from New York and that "other" cheesecake factory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stumbled upon this and read some reviews (which also raved about it) and we were not disappointed. The variety of the cheesecake selections were great and they all were delicious. We had the Oreo, caramel and pecan, regular, and Dreamsical ones. All were devoured and delicious. If you're around this area, definitely go! No place to eat inside but take some to your hotel room.

• Visited July 2013
“Low Carb and Gluten Free Versions too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Visited here recently and they have gluten free version.
So glad we stopped here.
On main route (Route 611) on way into Pocono Mountains area.
Thanks for good tasting cheesecake.

• Visited June 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

What delicious cheesecake!!!!! I was very pleased that they offered sugar free cheesecake and chocolates. The sugar free cheesecake was very moist and delicious. My husband also enjoyed the regular cheesecake. I also bought sugar free peanut butter cups and they were amazing!

Visited June 2013