“Good food , Bad management !!!!!”

Compton's Pancake House
Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Description: If you want the best breakfast in Stroudsburg, check out Compton's Pancake house for fresh omelets, all kinds of pancakes, breakfast steaks, and the famous Double "Triple Play". We have everything related to breakfast amd our meals are simply delicious. Some of our pancake varieties include the buckwheat, Whole Wheat Caramel, Cheesecake, just to name a few. The famous Compton pancake is a secret recipe made from scratch every day, and is so good, you don't even need syrup on it. We're the home of the Double "Triple Play" - a hearty delight that includes two pancakes, two eggs, two strips of bacon, homefries and toast - for the great low price of just $4.25. It's an unbeatable meal, but make sure you bring an appetite! Compton's Pancake House serves breakfast all day, but we have lunch too! Stop by for your favorite finger food like the Fried Chicken Sandwich, Tuna Salad Sandwich, Ruben Melt and many more items. We're proud to offer a friendly atmosphere that's accommodating and polite. Inside out spacious dining space we have 125 seats that include a long diner-style counter top and booths, and a cozy fireplace near the rear. Our philosophy is Peace, Love, and Pancakes, and have a mission to ensure the highest standards of quality, service and cleanliness. We truly love what we do at Compton's Pancake House, and hope you can stop by soon to see what we're all about!
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We was at the budget inn that is only one exit and they have this book we all the locals restaurant from the area and we saw Compton ads and we thought it was gonna be a great breakfast and we read about the special that was really good deal and I did some research on this page and saw couple of bad review and I told my wife , u know what let just go cause sometime people over react , but nope all those bad reviews was true

Reviewed March 1, 2012

While we were enjoying our 35 Anniversary in the Poconos for the weekend we stopped in Compton's for breakfast. They always say a full parking lot means good food. And it was right on the money. The menu had a great variety for breakfast to choose from. They had Wholegrain and Buckwheat pancakes so I was thrilled since I'm boarderline diabetic. And that topped with sugar free syrup made a nice tasty breakfast for me. My husband and I were pleased with their prices and came back for breakfast the very next day. It's a family place with a nice atmosphere and a pleasant staff.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

The food is fresh, tasty and wonderful.NOT TO BE MISSED---The NY cheesecaks pancakes---WONDERFUL!!!
They have a weekday breakfast special that is dirt cheap. Some of the wait staff look like they are waiting for something better to come along, but otherwise are fairly efficient.

!!! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR---DO NOT SIT NEAR THE KITCHEN!!! The owner screams like a child, the kitchen staff thinks they have to yell---my kid learned som new words.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Good breakfast place with pancakes its specialty. Coffee is not strong suit, but rest of the meal was quick and decent.

Reviewed September 16, 2009

I wanted to try a new diner. When I entered I should have just turned around an left because a woman was loudly berating an employee right in the front of the restaurant. She wasn't even yelling about the job but a comment the waitress had made before I entered. Then she started to yell the girl should stop acting like a expletive lesbian. Next she proudly told everyone listening I'm not a lesbian. I sat at the counter and then had to listen to someone yelling in the kitchen, about how the waitresses should keep busy and serve customers. When I tried to tell the woman screaming and belittling that she was too loud and should lower the volume she told me I was rude and to shut up. When I said to my waitress could she have the manager come to talk to me, she said ok. When the manager did come out he never did come to my table but just looked at me and spoke to the other waitresses. When the waitress who made the fuss "Sat" with another table and kept shooting off her mouth about how her customers know her and love her, I finally figured out, not only is she homophobic but the owner too.

My omelet was over priced at $9 and change for a 3 egg omelet and 1 coffee.

I will never go back to this place!!!! I guess I should have known better when there weren't that may cars outside.